Hey SDSU Students.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey SDSU Students.

Does anybody know how much visitor's seating will be there for the NDSU game?
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Just the 3 rows behind their bench ;D I think section FF is going to feature a few bison fans and maybe the upper reaches of general admission.

Comment

Thanks bluehatman (and thanks to you and all the students who are so enthusiastic at all the games).

I hear NDSU is bringing some fans. It's going to be a fun night.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It sound pretty dumb (brave) too stay overnight at the Barn. If I were still a student I'd go out and drink all night until I couldn't feel my pain about our losing team. Good luck having a total boring time; the party will start when we actually start winning. I'll bet the total number of people at the barn isn't more then 20. You're a great man bluehat, but the rest of the the fans are a joke.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
            It sound pretty dumb (brave) too stay overnight at the Barn.  If I were still a student I'd go out and drink all night until I couldn't feel my pain about our losing team.  Good luck having a total boring time; the party will start when we actually start winning.  I'll bet the total number of people at the barn isn't more then 20.  You're a great man bluehat, but the rest of the the fans are a joke.
            We had a big square number of 10 show up. There is a bit of a draft inside the barn...And I think some ghosts haunt it...Fun time, free food and drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
              It sound pretty dumb (brave) too stay overnight at the Barn.  If I were still a student I'd go out and drink all night until I couldn't feel my pain about our losing team.  Good luck having a total boring time; the party will start when we actually start winning.  I'll bet the total number of people at the barn isn't more then 20.  You're a great man bluehat, but the rest of the the fans are a joke.
              Yeah I didn't think anyone would show up either....

Comment

It was a great idea and great things usually start small. A winning team will generate more excitiement and it sounds like the people that were there had a good time, which will benefit word of mouth. Don't give up the idea, it will grow in time. Everything will better in time.

Comment

Keep it up bluehat, sleeping in the barn the night before the NDSU game has all the makings of one of theose traditions that get talked about later in a program. It sucks that only 10 people showed up, but it will get better as the team and the weather improves. Is there something else you can add to it? Maybe a midnight burning of the Bison or something?
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

We're looking at doing it before the women's game on that thursday night. Set up a projector screen and get Grey's Anatomy and the Office going so people can come watch those shows with other fans and then get them fired up with free stuff. We'll see.

Comment

I dont know if other schools do this or how much it would cost however T-shirts at games would be a big thing. Free T shirts for say the NDSU mens and womens games and if say we start playing U dot again. Give free T shirts that are blue or yellow, or alternate, that only the student section would get to wear for those games. The students would be able to keep the shirts but that way students would be all in the same thing and create a better look then Old navy or the Gap clothes, or what ever the duece kids wear now a days. The fanaddicts shirts are nice, but not everyone has them. Like a nice blue shirt with yellow writing with Buck the Fison or along those lines, even though the school would not go for it, you still get the idea. Burger Pete has always been supporting for the pride for new shirts every year so maybe him and a few bars in down a few corperate sponsors on the shirts could help keep the costs down. Just a thought but it might be worth doing for the big games.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I know they gave out free t-shirts last year for the UW-Milwaukee game that was broadcast back to the Milwaukee area. I believe every student has the opportunity to become a JacksFannatic or whatever they are called and they receive a free t-shirt. Sounds like this has been addressed....just needs the kids and the rest of us to follow up and wear our yellow and blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper
                          I know they gave out free t-shirts last year for the UW-Milwaukee game that was broadcast back to the Milwaukee area.  I believe every student has the opportunity to become a JacksFannatic or whatever they are called and they receive a free t-shirt.  Sounds like this has been addressed....just needs the kids and the rest of us to follow up and wear our yellow and blue.
                          Its a good start, but how many students have shirts that prolly dont wear them to the games every week. Giving out Shirts for the big games would almost for sure get the student section color cordinated. The fanaddicts shirst would be good for the every day games, but it would be something to see for NDSU to come down and every one having matching shirts in the student section. Giving out one shirt for one game last year doesnt provide enough shirts for students to wear for every big game. How many students took the shirts and don't wear them to games anymore.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I like the shirt idea, but sadly I have yet to fit into any shirt I've recieved at the games. :'(

Comment

Students get called out the last two weeks in the Collegian
                              http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...-2719967.shtml
                              At the same time, many students on this campus view the university not as a family, or a community. Not as a place to cherish. To many, SDSU is a halfway house to the rest of life. A chance to get a piece of paper that might help in getting a job.

Very few even get involved in student activities at all, or participate in their university.

That is the ultimate sadness here. The empty seats in Frost arena. The dying clubs.

Sure, studying takes time. Work cuts hours out of the day or night. But take the time to look around you and see what you can do to be part of the world of SDSU. It may be big or small. But odds are you'll learn something. And you might just give something back to this university.
                              And this

http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...puarstoriesbox
                              A disturbing trend has come to my, as well as other Jackrabbit fans', attention recently. Frost Arena, known for its intimidating environment, has become lackluster. We understand things are not like they were in the past, but this is a new era for SDSU and its athletic programs.

Our student section is poor, to say it nicely. These games are not funerals, and this isn't a music recital-what happened to school pride? No one even wants to run for SA president and vice president. The students at basketball games seem to only care to stand up and cheer when they have a chance to get a T-shirt from the cheerleaders. The fans cannot get on the same page with cheers the cheerleaders use, and in most cases, the cheers are lame or don't make sense with what is going on during the game.
                              Well I shouldn't quote my own writing but you know

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                                Students get called out the last two weeks in the Collegian
                                http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...-2719967.shtml
                                At the same time, many students on this campus view the university not as a family, or a community. Not as a place to cherish. To many, SDSU is a halfway house to the rest of life. A chance to get a piece of paper that might help in getting a job.

Very few even get involved in student activities at all, or participate in their university.

That is the ultimate sadness here. The empty seats in Frost arena. The dying clubs.

Sure, studying takes time. Work cuts hours out of the day or night. But take the time to look around you and see what you can do to be part of the world of SDSU. It may be big or small. But odds are you'll learn something. And you might just give something back to this university.
                                And this

http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...puarstoriesbox
                                A disturbing trend has come to my, as well as other Jackrabbit fans', attention recently. Frost Arena, known for its intimidating environment, has become lackluster. We understand things are not like they were in the past, but this is a new era for SDSU and its athletic programs.

Our student section is poor, to say it nicely. These games are not funerals, and this isn't a music recital-what happened to school pride? No one even wants to run for SA president and vice president. The students at basketball games seem to only care to stand up and cheer when they have a chance to get a T-shirt from the cheerleaders. The fans cannot get on the same page with cheers the cheerleaders use, and in most cases, the cheers are lame or don't make sense with what is going on during the game.
                                Well I shouldn't quote my own writing but you know
                                You shouldn't but it is true so some one needs to say it and i agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X