Kingsbury County towns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stu Strikes Again!

I have never really liked Stu's coverage, but I tend to be pretty forgive and forget about things.

He's got opinions. I've got opinions. We've all got opinions.

Whenever I saw him on television talking about something, he always annoyed me.

But again, to each his own.

It's obvious he has some bias, and yes, it's showing more. The dawn of the message boards has drawn attention to this fact.

The fact that he made a statement about the message boards, do show that he is human.

I know some people also rip on Mick Garry, but I have dealt with him personally, and I found him to be a good reporter, and honestly a good guy doing his job the best he can.

Terry, is in my humble opinion, doing a fantastic job. I actually enjoy his writing more than I did Solari's.

So, there you go. Probably a waste of bandwith. But I'm willing to let Stu be Stu. Heck, I know he's Stu going in.

Comment

Well we get to read a story about SDSU by Stu tomorrow as he was at the basketball game, I wonder how many cheap shots he'll take.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
        Well we get to read a story about SDSU by Stu tomorrow as he was at the basketball game, I wonder how many cheap shots he'll take.
        That's to bad. Why didn't they send "Stupid" to Vermillion and let our beat writer cover his team.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
          He was probably looking for ammo to take a pot shot at you, tbhman.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Give Stu his due, I thought his writeup of the Utah State game was pretty straightforward. It even had quotes from some of the participants this time.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
              Give Stu his due, I thought his writeup of the Utah State game was pretty straightforward. It even had quotes from some of the participants this time.
              I didn't find anything wrong with Stu's article either. I figured that after being spared from doing a USD feature, he would have heard it from Terry if he mailed it in last nite like he did with the Central Arkansas FB game (just before Terry started writing for the Argus). Perhaps he is saving his potshots for the Sunday column......

Comment

Go to the Argus website and click on the latest Podcast. It's actually pretty good/fair, but you can totally tell the Terry V. knows so much more about the D-I process that it is kind of embarassing for Stu.
                If Stu would've looked into what was going on up at STATE with the D-I move instead of trashing it every chance he got the past 3 years, he would probably be more well versed on the subject.
                But you can tell that him and the rest of the media down here just aren't educated on the process.
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
                  Go to the Argus website and click on the latest Podcast.  It's actually pretty good/fair, but you can totally tell the Terry V. knows so much more about the D-I process that it is kind of embarassing for Stu.
                  If Stu would've looked into what was going on up at STATE with the D-I move instead of trashing it every chance he got the past 3 years, he would probably be more well versed on the subject.
                  But you can tell that him and the rest of the media down here just aren't educated on the process.
                  Here is the link to that podcast:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...arams=Id=52080

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                    [quote author=propar80 link=1161110637/75#81 date=1164931270]Go to the Argus website and click on the latest Podcast.  It's actually pretty good/fair, but you can totally tell the Terry V. knows so much more about the D-I process that it is kind of embarassing for Stu.
                    Here is the link to that podcast:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...arams=Id=52080[/quote]

Terry, as politely as he can, basically tells Stu he's an idiot if he thinks the Mid Con will welcome USD with open arms. Has Stu been on the planet for the past 3 years? We thought the Big Sky was all but a slam dunk and they made all overtures that they were expanding. We all know how that went - twice. The Mid Con has not stated they are currently NOT thinking of expanding beyond NDSU and SDSU. I hope those in the know at USD really don't think it's going to be that easy. I know Stu can't help it. Instant Mac n Cheese is a struggle if you don't spend the time to read the instructions and have no idea how to run a microwave, so it's not shocking that Stu simply thinks USD is just a nod of the hat away from the Mid Con and the Gateway (by the way, he almost talks about the Great West like USD would be doing the conference a favor if they went that way.)
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I listened to it and have to agree with the comments above! Terry has done the research and knows how this will work for USD. Stu obviously is jst going on a knee-jerk reaction.

I hope Stu keeps going down this path and talking up how USD is going to be a slam dunk for the Mid-Con. It will get the hopes of USD fans way up, only to be crushed when a conference other than the GWFC doesn't come begging for them to join (I don't think they will).

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

The best part of the podcast is at the end when they discuss the future of USFs athletics and Terry refers the NAIA as Not Actully Interesting Athletics. It is good to see someone from the Argus realizes that sports in SD don't revolve around USF.
                        Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

I concur.

Comment

All I can say is, Thank God that State has Terry as a beat writer.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...31/1002/SPORTS

Go State!

Comment

And so we add to the list of things that Stu doesn't have, a sense of meter or rhythm.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Got to be one of the STU-pidest, most foolish stabs at parody I have ever read. Hope your reading this Stu and next time your in Frost stop over to say hi so I can tell this to your face. You see, I do not believe in saying anything unless I have the balls to say it face-to-face.

This man needs to get off of his almighty horse he thinks he is on.

Note to Stu; Get a grasp on the history of our move and the gentle nuances that are going along with are transition before you just spout off insane uneducated retoric.

Now I truely believe you are simply just a hack and your pointless drivel is just a way to hide your lack of journalistic albility.

By the way, Merry Christmas, I hope you asked Santa for some new brain cells to take place of the ones youve have obviously burnt out through your younger years.

Comment

Working...
                                X