Kingsbury County towns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stu Strikes Again!

Stu can't possibly write long enough to ever catch up to Terry.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
      I understand Stu was looking for jobs in Midland, MI this weekend.  I believe he hails from somewhere out there.  I almost feel sorry for the guy but he only has himself to blame.  Lazy, selfish and dumb (the LSD syndrome) often gets you what you deserve.  We experienced the lazy first hand with his lame "phone it in" coverage of the Jacks at home.  Then we see the selfish with his comments about people being critical of his writing.  Finally, the dumb, he projects his own dislike for Mr. Krabbenhoft onto the administration at Augie.  I for one am glad Dr. Oliver called him out.

Don't let Stu of easy.  Ask him to recognize and correct these areas of weakness.  The bigger concern is that the problems at the Argus probably include those above Stu and they may suffer from "LSD syndrome", too.

P.S.  I first read about LSD from a veteran who does some freelance writing for the P&D.  I liked Mr. Kerr's take on it.
      Amen, I too am happy that President Oliver took Stu to the woodshed in the editoral page of his employer's news paper. I made some comments a few weeks back that in effect said Stu is stuck in Sioux Falls, but was told off the board, that this is not the case. I was told he has had numerous opportunites within Gannett and he wanted to raise his family in Sioux Falls. If he in deed cares for his family, perhaps he will think about them before he dishes out his usual caustic remarks.

I too have been a little annoyed with Krabbenhoft's involvement in Sioux Falls, but of course if he were to work with the SDSU Foundation on one little tiny project, I would shut my mouth completly.  

Comment

Haldersham, I took the "Stu is stuck in Sioux Falls" comment as Stu-Smack because Solari left for "bigger and better things." I'm not surprised that he has had opportunities to leave SF as he can do quality reporting when he wants to (the award he got for investigating Janklow's pardons) and many papers like a sports columnist who'll regularly stir up the pot. More power to him (I guess :-?) if he wishes to stay in SF.

I'm glad that Pres. Oliver publicly rebuked Stu. Krabbenhoft may irritate many prominent SF people, but he's not an idiot and wants to break out of the "we'll accept mediocrity" attitude that is way too common in SD. Augie decided that it didn't want to sacrifice its football program or its finances by jumping to D-1 now, but the idea has been planted and Augie will likely reconsider things down the road.........

jackmd, Stu (like Solari) is an alum of Michigan State. Did you actually hear that Stu was looking for work out there or was that just good ol' Stu-Smack?

Comment

Is Eric Bursch covering stu's rear end in todays Argus.

Read it all here:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...14/1002/SPORTS

First off is Augustana.

I really thought the Vikings were going to make the Division I leap. I also thought it was a bad idea because of money issues.

Sometimes, it's good to see your predictions not turn out.

Augustana is a great institution, and there is nothing wrong with simply being the institution you are.

By staying in Division II and not traveling down the Division I path with its hugely increased budgets, Augustana helped itself in the long term.

There is no doubt that Division II athletics is changing, but the division isn't going to go away. Augustana will fit financially with the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference better than it did with big spenders such as the North Dakota schools in the old North Central Conference. The Vikings have the resources to become one of the NSIC power schools, among the league's best in every sport. That would not be possible in the NCC or any Division I league.

Up north in Brookings, the saga is different.

South Dakota State University made the leap to Division I in 2004. At the time, I thought it was somewhat foolhardy.

It made no sense to me to go from being a Division II power to a Division I also-ran.

But results don't lie.

The Jacks beat the University of Southern California in women's basketball Friday and almost beat North Dakota State for a Division I-AA football conference title on the road Saturday.

So far, it's obvious that SDSU is finding enough money for things like a full complement of football scholarships to build its Division I dreams.

It's too early to call the leap a total success, but the doom and gloomers - which included myself - were wrong.

Comment

How's that crow tasting, Eric? LOL
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...611280335/1002

They let this guy vote for the Heisman?!?!?!?

My Heisman Trophy ballot is due Dec. 6, and Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith would have to snatch an old lady's purse in broad daylight (and get caught) to lose the No. 1 spot.

Smith's Heisman hopes offer as much suspense as the University of South Dakota's Division I decision. Trust me: Both are making the leap.

The problem is the next two ballot spots, because there's a shortage of truly special players in college football this season.

Right now, I'm leaning toward Arkansas running back Darren McFadden and USC wideout Dwayne Jarrett, who had three touchdowns in Saturday's 44-24 rout of Notre Dame.
              The last line of his column is just pathetic and ruins a decent column that featured CFL legend (and Hayti native) Garney Henley.
              If they stumble this weekend, there's always Stefan Logan.

Comment

A 25yo DII running back from what has become a top-heavy middle of the road conference should not be mentioned in an article about the Heisman trophy.  However, it is just harmless pandering.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm frankly disappointed with the article. Not because of what he wrote, but what he didn't write. Where's the cheap shot at some unsuspecting party? Not once in the entire article does he make a thinly veiled insult about someone in the local sports scene. The least he could have done was take some jab at SDSU's men's basketball team or something. He's slipping.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                    I'm frankly disappointed with the article.  Not because of what he wrote, but what he didn't write.  Where's the cheap shot at some unsuspecting party?  Not once in the entire article does he make a thinly veiled insult about someone in the local sports scene.  The least he could have done was take some jab at SDSU's men's basketball team or something.  He's slipping.
                    Man, you're pretty good at that sarcasm thing MJA ;D

Comment

I've read a lot of Stu's articles. I've learned from the master.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I've read a lot of Stu's articles.  I've learned from the master.
                        Don't give Stu that much credit. His attempts at good sarcasm are just that. Attempts.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

I've read a lot of Stu's articles.
                          I'm with you, I have read a lot of Stu's articles as well. He often makes me mad, I often disagree with what he says, but I have to admit that I often buy the Argus just to read what he has to say. I don't know why, it normally pisses me off, but it's like I can't help but see what he has to say. I figured I was the only one like that, but from the looks of it there are a lot of us out there that read Stu's articles even though we know it will make us mad. Maybe thats why the Argus keeps him.

Comment

For the most part, I don't read Stu's articles anymore. I also don't subscribe to the Argus.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I usually only read his articles when someone on this site links to it. Then I have to read it so I can get my weekly "what a j@ck@ss" out of the way.

Comment

I usually only read his articles when someone on this site links to it.  Then I have to read it so I can get my weekly "what a j@ck@ss" out of the way.
                                MJA, thats in additon to getting you daily WAJ out of the way by reading some of the posts on here, right? Granted, Stu trumps most of us.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X