Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stu Strikes Again!

Originally posted by 90Jackrabbit View Post
    FYI, Stu made his weekly appearance on KWSN with Craig and John and described the SDSU quaterback situation as a mess. I don't know how you can call four capable athletes competing for the job of Ryan Berry's replacement a mess but Stu did. Craig also informed us that in his opinnion any football team that doesn't have a clear cut candidate for quaterback going into the season has little chances of winning. I feel sorry for people who rely on Stu and Craig for their sports infromation. According to these two guys you would think the football program at SDSU was in shambles.
    Chances are there is a favorite and the coaches have not made that public.

Aren't sports reporters supposed to be unbiased?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Aren't sports reporters supposed to be unbiased?
      You almost made the Coke Zero come out my nose, just then.

Of course, Stu is an EDITOR, not a mere mortal reporter.

Editors (as can be seen in any newspaper's editorial pages) are allowed to be opinionated up and out the wazoo. Hence, again, Stu.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I, for one, am getting tired of reading the title of this thread. Why all the free ink for this guy. Would the Mods consider closing it and bringing it back as "The best d*m* town in Kingsbury County"?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          I, for one, am getting tired of reading the title of this thread. Why all the free ink for this guy. Would the Mods consider closing it and bringing it back as "The best d*m* town in Kingsbury County"?
          That would be a stupid thread, as everybody knows the best darn town in Kingsbury County is Badger, because of it's proximity to Lake Norden.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            That would be a stupid thread, as everybody knows the best darn town in Kingsbury County is Badger, because of it's proximity to Lake Norden.
            Naw. Manchester.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

And, otherwise, an excellent idea on the thread name change.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wrong Wrong Wrong! It's Bancroft.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Naw. Manchester.
                  There you go. It hosted a Dakota Territory celebration in the 1960's.

Perhaps Esmond too, there is at least one family living there. Plus Harvey Dunn family homestead in between Manchester and Esmond and both towns probably claim him at some time in history. Its cattle country out that way and going south you come to Carthage though in Minor County, its not only the home of the straw bale musuem, but also boyhood home of Charles Coughlin. Hard to imagine that two of SDSU greatest and well known people grew up miles a part.

Comment

• Re: Kingsbury County towns

No votes for Lake Preston? Always seemed a nice enough town on the way to Brookings.

Comment

I'll vote for Lake Preston. It's right in the middle of the county and surrounded by lakes. Four lakes -- Thompson, Henry, Whitewood and Preston.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Screw Lake Preston. And De Smet. Go with Arlington. I may be a little biased though.

Comment

Its either Badger or Erwin with DeSmet a close 3rd.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Reading these posts makes me long for those days of driving to the SDS fair.

Comment

Don't forget Oldham, former home of the Dragons. And Iroquois, home to either the Chiefs or the Eagles. Got to give Lake Preston the edge based on a unique school nickname. They're the Divers.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Arlington and Erwin are good. Lake Preston is the best, I'm biased though. Sorry De Smet someone has to be on the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X