Kingsbury County towns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stu Strikes Again!

YF SDSU is ranked in the top 25 USD is not. Enough said. Stop your whining. Your school needs to win more then 1 FCS game before you can even be seriously mentioned in the same breath as the mighty Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Whoa, YF. Chill Pill

1. You might want to win a few counters in D-1 before you start talking about shoving it down anybody's throat, much less a top-tier program in a pretty good 1-AA conference.
      2. Did the Yotes get some new recruits the last three weeks?
      Because here's what you said on July 29 about the rivalry: "USD is a winnable game for you, but also loseable. This isn't smack talking, but I am saying that if USD's defense improves somewhat this year, it would be a ball game."
      3. If you say the U "isn't the slightest bit interested in help from our good neighbors to the north" why have you been on this board for months arguing for rivarly resumption?
      NoVaJack,

I'll take them in order.

1.) Shoving the ball down your throat is in reference to USD moving the ball on SDSU. Not smashing you in the game, so I want to clarify.
      2.) What I said is totally consistent to my July 29th post. It is a winnable game for you but also loseable. No new recruits. That isn't smack, it is a fact.
      3.) I have said for many months that I don't care if we play or not. I stand by that. The business side says to play...high revenue and low costs. Secondly, smack is just that until you play. My point is if you want to put the argument to rest then play the game. That's all.

Quite frankly it is more fun to throw out smack and build a case for your team. If you go by last years scores, I believe there was only one common opponent. Both games played at UNI. I believe USD played them tougher than SDSU. We had more yards, more time of possession, and the score was closer. So the argument that you are wayyyyyyyyy ahead has holes in it.

Comment

YF,
        You have convinced me. USD is SDSU's most important rival in every sport. I know this now because a few vocal USD fans have repeatedly screamed it at me. Oh, and then there are the USD athletic department officials that said it is in the best interest of USD and the State of SD so it must be in the best interest of SDSU to schedule the football game. They are right, nothing that a self-interested party states could ever be wrong, so I guess it is time to start withholding my donations and call for the firing of the new AD, President Chicoine, the head coaches in the major sports because they are not doing what is in the best interest of the future SDSU athletes. It has been a very long time since the Jacks have been in football playoffs, so there is no reason to ever consider potential playoff considerations in scheduling games. The men's basketball hasn't done well since the transition, so screw everything, SDSU should buy it what ever contract it has to get a two games with USD this year. You know what, SDSU should just go non-scholarship in every sport because then we wouldn't have to worry about the money needed to fund them.

And just so you know what finally convinced me, it was ability to read Coach Stig's mind.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          Wow that might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen on here not from Lakes.

The Jacks finished 3rd in the MVFC last year, one of the toughest conferences in the nation, and are expected to finish there this year again while the Yotes have beat Southern Utah last year. You actually need to do something before claiming you could hang with us.
          Dumb? Hardly!! I am not the one puffing my chest talking about finishing 3rd in the MVC. To be honest, 3rd isn't bad but hardly worth crowing about. As I replied to NoVaJack, the one comparable game last year was UNI. Statistically we won that war and performed better than SDSU.

Just relax and pretend it is someone posting not from USD and think about it. Why wouldn't Stig play the game? According to you the Jacks would demolish USD. The gate would be large. Expenses would be low. And if you "cream" USD like you say you would, you'd have the recruiting advantage for the next few years. All those things add up to playing USD.

So, with all that on the line, what prevents you from signing the contract? The only logical conclusion is the risk of loss. That's it. It isn't playing Weber State from the Big Sky so pollsters can get visibility.

That isn't smack. Like I said, if someone other than a USD backer wrote it, you would have to think about it. The difference between you and dumb 'ol me Mango is I can be objective. I cheer for the Jacks and want them to win. But I am not blind, and the truth is SDSU is not light years ahead of USD in any sport other than MAYBE womens basketball. They might be ahead...yes....(maybe)....but not light years.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
            YF,
            You have convinced me. USD is SDSU's most important rival in every sport. I know this now because a few vocal USD fans have repeatedly screamed it at me. Oh, and then there are the USD athletic department officials that said it is in the best interest of USD and the State of SD so it must be in the best interest of SDSU to schedule the football game. They are right, nothing that a self-interested party states could ever be wrong, so I guess it is time to start withholding my donations and call for the firing of the new AD, President Chicoine, the head coaches in the major sports because they are not doing what is in the best interest of the future SDSU athletes. It has been a very long time since the Jacks have been in football playoffs, so there is no reason to ever consider potential playoff considerations in scheduling games. The men's basketball hasn't done well since the transition, so screw everything, SDSU should buy it what ever contract it has to get a two games with USD this year. You know what, SDSU should just go non-scholarship in every sport because then we wouldn't have to worry about the money needed to fund them.

And just so you know what finally convinced me, it was ability to read Coach Stig's mind.
            Your statement on funding is accurate. Go non-schlorship and save money.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              So, with all that on the line, what prevents you from signing the contract? The only logical conclusion is the risk of loss. That's it. It isn't playing Weber State from the Big Sky so pollsters can get visibility.
              Read your quoted section.

Go ahead, re-read it and do not just skip down to my post.

You realize you are stating that SDSU's administration should not run their program in a manner that would be most beneficial to earning an at large invite to post-season play. Pollsters lead to national recognition, which enhances ability to get at large bid. That is why I don't care for most USD Coyote fans. They actually believe that statement of yours. The only logical conclusion? When SDSU adopts that attitude is when I stop donating my time and money and start calling for individuals to be fired.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Dumb? Hardly!! I am not the one puffing my chest talking about finishing 3rd in the MVC. To be honest, 3rd isn't bad but hardly worth crowing about. As I replied to NoVaJack, the one comparable game last year was UNI. Statistically we won that war and performed better than SDSU.

Just relax and pretend it is someone posting not from USD and think about it. Why wouldn't Stig play the game? According to you the Jacks would demolish USD. The gate would be large. Expenses would be low. And if you "cream" USD like you say you would, you'd have the recruiting advantage for the next few years. All those things add up to playing USD.

That isn't smack. Like I said, if someone other than a USD backer wrote it, you would have to think about it. The difference between you and dumb 'ol me Mango is I can be objective. I cheer for the Jacks and want them to win. But I am not blind, and the truth is SDSU is not light years ahead of USD in any sport other than MAYBE womens basketball. They might be ahead...yes....(maybe)....but not light years.
                OK here is another comparison, you finished 4th in the Great West, who outside of Cal Poly was not very good this year, while the Jacks finished 3rd in a 9 team conference, the two teams that finished above the Jacks made the playoffs. One team from the Great West made it.

Congrats, you played well against UNI. It was also the week after a BCS team and the week before the conference slate started, they very easily could have overlooked you.

Comment

Say it with me YF

USD has 1 FCS win all time.

and you and fluffy want to pretend that USD is our equal. Hahahahahahahahahahahah

Comment

...In Iowa, the Cyclones and the Hawks are rivals like the Jacks and Yotes....
                    I know we'll eventually play USD in football and in men's basketball. I know USD will be joining the Summit League in the near future. I hope the two schools remain in separate conferences in football similar to Iowa and Iowa State (I think it's too bad they are not in separate conferences in all sports but I can see why it worked out well for the Summit League to include USD).

Comment

[QUOTE=yoteforever;124889] And if you "cream" USD like you say you would, you'd have the recruiting advantage for the next few years. All those things add up to playing USD.

QUOTE]

We already have a huge recruiting advantage. Will Castle turned down a full ride from the U. to walk on at State. Fans of SDSU know that something special is happening in Brookings and interest in the program is high...even without playing USD. I'm not sure about the interest in your program because I don't care about it. Judging solely by your posts, it seems that you want a game or two to generate interest. The football team itself should generate that interest, not your opponent.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

LJ,

You need to be clear on one issue that apparently you are fogged over on. USD isn't in the slightest bit interested in recieving help from our good neighbors to the north. Not one bit.

There isn't any part of our business model that mirrors or replicates SDSU's. Not one. Not that you haven't had some successes, as you have, but other than your womens basketball team doing exceptionally well last year, what about your program would USD want to duplicate?

You have major budget issues. You are having problems selling tickets to the extent your administration wants. Quite frankly you are having problems getting positive press out of the states leading newspaper. Why would USD want to duplicate that? The answer is in two words: They don't.
                        Don't come smacking about how superior you are in a sport, because until you play, it is just smack. Want to brag? Play USD. Not for USD's best interest, but to show the WHOLE WORLD just how good you are. As I said in my post to jackmd, quite frankly I am not sure you beat USD in football or mens basketball. I am not sure you don't, but I can build a case statistically where USD shoves the ball down your throat in football. Don't just make statements that sound cool in bashing USD, but rather quantify them. And if you can do that, then qualify them. Simple to do if truth is on your side.

Other than that..........the only way to settle a score is to play. Period. And I know you believe that because of how quickly you cling to the last 4 years performances against NDSU. You beat them, good for you. But don't cling to the head to head argument when it doesn't fit for your smack against USD.
                        Everyone is jumping all over yoteforever I think for the wrong reasons. I have hightlighted the bad comments he made. Otherwise its rivalry talk which comes out of every one at some point in time. But do we have major budget issues? I have heard nothing about that have you? We may be a frugle budget, but it is balanced as far as I know. Tickets in football have sold very well without games with USD, so that is false as well. Men's bb dropped off but comparing it to D2 is not a good comparision because its single games compared with D2 double hitters.

If Stu Whitney is the SF press then what is Terry Vandervec and why does he bother out write Mick Garry?. Sarcastic blogs are hardly the representation of the Sioux Falls press.

The fact that Stu likes to trash Terry's work is not totally negative press out of the Sioux Falls paper.

So that one paragraph is coyote poop as far as I am concerned. Otherwise yoteforever seems to be a good guy, but I forgive him for one wild eye paragraph in other wise post that repesenent a USD follower.

Lastly, USD's model most like does not reflect the experience of SDSU AND IT SHOULD NOT, but I suspect there has been a number of telephone calls, emails and what have you from USD to SDSU staffs and returns for information. It would be good idea to take advantage of experience of traveling down a unfamiliar path.

Comment

First of all, by my own doings, I am going to sit in the penalty box for an undisclosed period of time. When I come on here and post I seem to inflame just about all SDSU fans and that isn't my intention. People are reading so many more things into my post then were intended, and as you go back and reread them, I sorta guess I understand why.

Let me tell you in earnest what my recent posts werre meant to do. First of all, it has been ages since there has been any banter about the upcoming season, and who can beat who and under what circumstances. You have to admit that my posts sparked discussion, and that was the first intention.

There are a couple of posters on here that I think truly don't care for me because of what I say, and that's ok, but in reality it is nothing more than typed coffee shop talk. There are indeed alot of knowledgable fans on here that are rabid "Rabbit" posters, and that is awesome. I wished our fan board had the same, but we don't, so because I am such a huge fan of college athletics and love to talk about them, your board is far superior.

If I have ruffled the feathers of some I apologize now, because that was not my intention. As stated before, I cheer for the Jacks to win, that is earnest and not said to win favor. I understand why a Jacks fan wouldn't cheer for the Coyotes, or vice versa, I just happen to believe that (2) successful schools in the state is good for the state. However, that being said, I do think that some of you if you really believe what you post have rose colored glasses on. A case in point is with my friend Nidaros last post. And yes Nidaros, I have come to like and respect your view. But you do have major budget woes. So does USD, NDSU, UND, Iowa State, and Iowa. Most schools do. Now, do they come out and say they do, no, they try to hide it through some sort of creative accounting. That doesn't mean SDSU or any other school for that matter should be shamed, it simply means that they have cash flow problems. Most business's do.

Secondly, although many think I am trying to renew the rivalry, I have come around to your way of thinking. I don't care if we play or not. I really don't. But don't believe for a minute that if we did play this fall that the game would more than likely be a blowout. That simply isn't the case. As I have said before, SDSU "should probably" win the game, but that doesn't mean it would. USD would move the ball I assure you. Whether we could stop you is the question. It's harder for me to judge mens basketball, because your mens team is very erratic. I was in Ames when you beat Iowa State, then I turn around and saw you lose to teams you should have beat. On the other hand, I think USD maybe only beat 1 or 2 D-I schoolds last year, but they were competitive with Cornell ( NCAA tournament team) and play them this year at home. I am a huge fan of mens basketball but unlike football, I am not sure how to evaluate. Womens basketball I think clearly lays in your favor, no argument here. But since we play in february, I guess time will tell the full story. I am thinking the volleyball teams are comparable. I know USD is pretty decent, and certainly well coached. I can'tr say one way or another about your team. Soccer is in your corner, that statement was made the other day. You won 3-0 but probably should have been more.

In closing, just understand that when I post on here I like to debate. I don't say things to inflame, although that was maybe what was read into it. And Mango, I assure you I am not dumb. I may not solve world issues but I do ok. I wish your team a successful 2009 campaign. I hope you win it all, I really do.

Comment

Geez, that Stu(pid) Whitney guy is getting us all stirred up again and then throw in a little smack from one of our flea-bitten friends from SD's junior D1 university and all hell breaks loose!

Yoteforever, I don't really know what else to say other than you have made an ass out of yourself in this thread and completely displayed your lack of knowledge not only about SDSU and what it has accomplished but also about the challenges of moving up to D1 and the struggles that it entails.

I'm on record for wishing USD the best because it is good for South Dakota. I'm even more on record for being concerned about the plan in place that USD has to make the transition. I DON'T THINK THERE IS ONE! Certainly nothing published.

I have no problem with you and your mangy friends coming over here and stirring the pot but to think you are not going to get "smacked" for typing out that drivel is assinine.

So far USD, as SDSU, has been very lucky in transition because they have landed a home for the future. That is a great thing for USD. That is a major hurdle but there are many more to go and USD hasn't cleared any of them yet.

It might be smart for USD's administration, students, and fans to show SDSU a little respect. We teach up here that respect is earned and isn't an entitlement. USD is getting the respect it has earned from the administration, students, and fans of SDSU. VERY LITTLE!

Soon enough the rivalry will be rekindled whether or not any of us like it or not. The question for me is whether or not USD is going to embrace the move to D1 and step up in the way things are done in Vermillion when it comes to game day experiences or if the same lawless atmosphere will prevail. That isn't going to fly in the Summit League.

I'm not saying things are perfect with our game day experience up here. However, in comparison they aren't even close.

Ya know, its funny. I was thinking the other day that there hadn't been a good USD smackdown for a while and then I came to work today and saw this nonsense and wasn't nearly as excited about it as I figured I would.

Another 5 minutes of my life wasted on USD! When will I learn?

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

First of all, by my own doings, I am going to sit in the penalty box for an undisclosed period of time..

Oh, darn, who will channel Stig for us?

Comment

I don't think yote said anything all that bad. I'm pretty interested in what USD is up to, and will be excited when we play them. That moment will put a lot of this stuff to rest. I think we have a much better football conference, and USD (just picked third in the Great West) will get there, but one good performance against UNI isn't really enough to prove to me that they're ready to compete at the level we are just yet. I'm excited to have another SD team to follow, though. The bottom line is SDSU just needs to keep performing on the field. We've still got a lot to prove, too. The rest is just silly smack.

From yoteforever's post: I don't really agree with his funding problems claim. From what I know, we're in pretty good shape financially, considering the economy. And I don't agree that we struggle to get positive coverage from the Argus. Seems to me that TV gets more column-inches in the sports section than anybody else. And with the exception of the Fred Oien story, most of it is event coverage or reporting good news.

That said: I hate it when Stu gets the board all up-in-arms. It's not worth it, particularly for a blog post that really isn't read by very many people.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X