Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stu Strikes Again!

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    That is true but of the USD fans that are posting I don't see much unwelcoming behavior over there either. USD just doesn't care about SDSU as much as visa-versa.
    The lack of posts on the USD board shows me that even USD does not care about USD. Your home attendance also demonstrates that your fans are not interested in USD athletics. Also look at your home schedules this year, you will not find many games to be had. Perhaps word is out about the way USD treats there visiting teams.

Go Jacks!!!
    Go State!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
      The lack of posts on the USD board shows me that even USD does not care about USD. Your home attendance also demonstrates that your fans are not interested in USD athletics. Also look at your home schedules this year, you will not find many games to be had. Perhaps word is out about the way USD treats there visiting teams.

Go Jacks!!!
      Go State!!!
      To be fair, their home attendance numbers are great, its the ticket revenue that demonstrates the interest of their fans.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
        To be fair, their home attendance numbers are great, its the ticket revenue that demonstrates the interest of their fans.

Because we all know the U counts by 2's when it comes to attendance figure's.

Damn, I was so close to staying off this thread!!

CoyoteFan = A Train wreck I just can't look away from. Well CF, at least you've got that going for you.

Go Jacks!!
        Last edited by propar80; 08-07-2008, 01:25 PM.
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

USD just doesn't care about SDSU.
          Please fix your typos.

Should be, USD just doesn't care about USD.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I haven't looked at the Coyote fan board before (why should I???), but comments by other posters raised my curiosity, so I took a peek. WOW...now there is a vibrant, hair-raising, bunch of fans following their teams!

Take July for instance: on the football section, four threads started in July and six posts total in the month. Basketball was huge (mostly questions on upcoming schedules -- not out yet) with 18 posts on five different threads.

Shoot, I'm sorry CF...I apologize...I should have used the USD attendance counting formula...which means (let's see 24 posts x 100= 2,400 posts)! AMAZING! I don't know how CF can come over to visit with so many posts to read of his own kindred spirits.

Comment

***ALERT***

A Coyote fan has posted today on the Coyote fan board!

Oh, wait... the poster was bincitysioux, a UND fan.

False alarm.

Official Coyote Fan Board Fan Post Counter:

It has been 2 days since a Coyote fan has posted on the Coyote Fan Board.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                ***ALERT***

A Coyote fan has posted today on the Coyote fan board!

Oh, wait... the poster was bincitysioux, a UND fan.

False alarm.

Official Coyote Fan Board Fan Post Counter:

It has been 2 days since a Coyote fan has posted on the Coyote Fan Board.
                It seems to me that the Coyote Board Activity Watch should maybe be a smack thread all its own . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  It seems to me that the Coyote Board Activity Watch should maybe be a smack thread all its own . . .
                  Would be interesting to see / compare statistics on bandwidth use and hits between the several sites.

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
                    Would be interesting to see / compare statistics on bandwidth use and hits between the several sites.
                    I don't have that kind of info, but I can give you this:

From their respective dates of creation, these are the daily averages of posts per day:
                    SiouxSports: 131
                    Bisonville: 90
                    SDSUFans: 43
                    BisonSports: 23
                    CoyoteSports: 3

I've been following Bisonville and SiouxSports for almost two years. Overall, SS gets about 20% more posts than BV. It's more during hockey season, but BV takes a small advantage during the summer. Since May, BV has gained about 2200 posts on SS.

Comment

Who really cares what messageboard activity is like. It's nice to get online and keep connected and everything, but you can't use internet activity as a gauge for the success of a program.

Yeah, USD board is slow, real slow. Most of the USD online users were very active on D2football.com and really haven't made the transition yet.

For comparsion sake I checked out some other FCS sites. Familiar ones.

UC Davis Aggies avg posts per day is 8.

Cal Poly most members online ever at the same time was 10. That board isn't very active either.

Northern Colorado has 130 members.

On another note. The first I had ever heard about the lockerroom incident was on this site and years later. I have to take your word for it that it was a true story. I'll ask around and confirm for myself. Even still, CF's post was right. Don't you think it's time to move on? It was 4 years ago. I could also fill this sight with stories about playing at CAS where the student section, as we entered, pelted us with pennies. Not crying about it, that stuff happens. Also was very mistreated by fans at the FargoDome. Also had fan incidents out at UNC and Mankato. Basically anywhere fans actually attended the games and were passionate. Notice I left out Augie.

Maybe the reason we don't continually go over the same stories about dead coyotes hitting the floor, or being pelted with change is because we have thicker skin and just accept that this stuff happens. Just throwing that thought out there for you to ponder.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                        Maybe the reason we don't continually go over the same stories about dead coyotes hitting the floor, or being pelted with change is because we have thicker skin and just accept that this stuff happens
                        Or maybe it's because you know those things pale in comparison to what passes as acceptable behavior in the dakota dump(TM).
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Who really cares what messageboard activity is like. It's nice to get online and keep connected and everything, but you can't use internet activity as a gauge for the success of a program.

Yeah, USD board is slow, real slow. Most of the USD online users were very active on D2football.com and really haven't made the transition yet.

For comparsion sake I checked out some other FCS sites. Familiar ones.

UC Davis Aggies avg posts per day is 8.

Cal Poly most members online ever at the same time was 10. That board isn't very active either.

Northern Colorado has 130 members.

On another note. The first I had ever heard about the lockerroom incident was on this site and years later. I have to take your word for it that it was a true story. I'll ask around and confirm for myself. Even still, CF's post was right. Don't you think it's time to move on? It was 4 years ago. I could also fill this sight with stories about playing at CAS where the student section, as we entered, pelted us with pennies. Not crying about it, that stuff happens. Also was very mistreated by fans at the FargoDome. Also had fan incidents out at UNC and Mankato. Basically anywhere fans actually attended the games and were passionate. Notice I left out Augie.

Maybe the reason we don't continually go over the same stories about dead coyotes hitting the floor, or being pelted with change is because we have thicker skin and just accept that this stuff happens. Just throwing that thought out there for you to ponder.

Great Post Rep Points for that one.
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I could also fill this sight with stories about playing at CAS where the student section, as we entered, pelted us with pennies. Not crying about it, that stuff happens.
                            That's completely unacceptable. I'm not going to dismiss that kind of bad behavior and more than I would accept what happened at the Dome. I recall plenty of stupid behavior at CAS and Frost (albeit nothing quite as foul as the Dome incident.) There's no place for any of that. It's not just "stuff" it's unacceptable. That kind of behavior (and yes, we're at fault at times, too) is why nobody up here is anxious to restart such an ugly, personal rivalry. We have a rivalry with NDSU that is developing into a very much anticipated game. And I think because we have been partners in transition, there's a good bit of respect there which makes those games spirited, but ultimately fun.

If I could be assured that the rivalry could be a healthy one, settled on the field with fans who cheer for their team and are respectful to the opponent, I might favor a renewal of the rivalry. But the feelings (on both sides) remain too raw. Maybe in a few years.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Great Post Rep Points for that one.
                              Questions of the Day: Is receiving rep points from a useless, illogical board member better or worse than:

a. getting culinary advice from a McDonalds fry cook?
                              b. getting acting advice from Keanu?
                              c. getting personal life advice from Brittany?
                              d. getting musical advice from Milli (or Vanilli)?

(feel free to add your own...)
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                That's completely unacceptable. I'm not going to dismiss that kind of bad behavior and more than I would accept what happened at the Dome. I recall plenty of stupid behavior at CAS and Frost (albeit nothing quite as foul as the Dome incident.) There's no place for any of that. It's not just "stuff" it's unacceptable. That kind of behavior (and yes, we're at fault at times, too) is why nobody up here is anxious to restart such an ugly, personal rivalry. We have a rivalry with NDSU that is developing into a very much anticipated game. And I think because we have been partners in transition, there's a good bit of respect there which makes those games spirited, but ultimately fun.

If I could be assured that the rivalry could be a healthy one, settled on the field with fans who cheer for their team and are respectful to the opponent, I might favor a renewal of the rivalry. But the feelings (on both sides) remain too raw. Maybe in a few years.
                                Yeah, that!

Enough about USD, let's get back to Stu.......

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X