Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stu Strikes Again!

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Here we go again Jacks Fans, USD can do no right and SDSU are the angels in this whole deal. Well all I can say is that if you don't want to give it up with the whole shower thing etc all I can say is this. USD has a few student fans that might have gotten out of hand from time to time. You know the saying about throwing rocks when living in glass houses. At least USD's AD can keep his anger under control. Which really seems worse a few out of control fans or an out of control AD. Just think about it. I guess if the behavior of a few fans not being stopped means it is condoned by the USD administration than it also means that SDSU condones the illegal behavior of it's very own leader of the athletic department. If you want to continue to bash USD you deserve every bit of having things thrown right back at you.

Just look at this board vs the USD board. You don't hear USD fans constantly bringing up the past against SDSU as you hear on this board in reverse. It's sounds to me that SDSU fans have a lot more difficulty moving on from their past rivalries. USD doesn't consider SDSU near the threat that SDSU considers USD. Point proven just by the reaction on this board everytime USD is brought up.
    Can I come to your house in order to defacate in your bedroom? If the students who slightly got out of hand are the norm, then my coming to your house should be okay. Coyotes animals untrained may do that but human Coyote fans? And since its your house you should just grin and bear it. LOL. HEH HEH AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF. After all its good for the state of South Dakota.

As far as the Coyote Board, it would die if where not for SDSU fans occasionally posting over their. So the two boards are hardly comparable. If the interest in the Coyote board represents the financial interest at USD in going D1, I think Joel Nielsen will be soon be losing his cool OR losing his job or both. That seems to be the trend at USD. BTW is not the SDSU AD incident five years old? Why did you now bring that up?

Comment

Here we go again Jacks Fans, USD can do no right and SDSU are the angels in this whole deal. Well all I can say is that if you don't want to give it up with the whole shower thing etc all I can say is this. USD has a few student fans that might have gotten out of hand from time to time. You know the saying about throwing rocks when living in glass houses. At least USD's AD can keep his anger under control. Which really seems worse a few out of control fans or an out of control AD. Just think about it. I guess if the behavior of a few fans not being stopped means it is condoned by the USD administration than it also means that SDSU condones the illegal behavior of it's very own leader of the athletic department. If you want to continue to bash USD you deserve every bit of having things thrown right back at you.

Just look at this board vs the USD board. You don't hear USD fans constantly bringing up the past against SDSU as you hear on this board in reverse. It's sounds to me that SDSU fans have a lot more difficulty moving on from their past rivalries. USD doesn't consider SDSU near the threat that SDSU considers USD. Point proven just by the reaction on this board everytime USD is brought up.
      What you don't seem to understand is that it's not only SDSU fans who say the gameday experience at USD is over the top and unacceptable. Ask Augie fans. Ask UNO fans. Ask anybody. USD is infamous for not having control of its events and for the wink-wink, nudge-nudge, boys-will-be-boys, tacit approval of bad behavior that comes from its administration. Just so you know: That isn't going to help USD get into a conference. I wouldn't be at all surprised if event management changes a good deal starting this fall at USD. If your administration doesn't make some changes, they're not serving USD's interests very well. Old "Ed the Security Guard" who looks the other way as bad things happen won't cut it in a D1 conference. This isn't some "local" thing anymore that's just between us.

SDSU fans have done stupid things in the past. But since you haven't been to an SDSU event in ages, let me clue you in to how things work now: It's a matter of pride with the SDSU administration that visiting teams get first-class treatment during their entire trip to Brookings. It's something they talk about all the time, and if you attend any of our events you'll see that they are very well run, security is appropriate, and that bad behavior is not tolerated. I've been to most every home event in the last several years and we haven't had one embarrassing incident. In fact, the Summit League asked SDSU's events management people to review and help implement their plans for last winter's Summit League basketball tournaments. Except for one unimaginably stupid mascot brawl, it was a very well-run and sportsmanlike event. Credit to the SDSU Athletic administration for that, and to Micah Grenz and his people who produce the events.

By the way, the snarky AD comments are out of line. If you have a point to make, make it, but try to avoid bringing people's private lives into it.
      Last edited by JimmyJack; 08-06-2008, 06:15 AM.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Great, Coyote_Fan is back.

Is there a reason he/she/it/mutt is allowed to continue to post that crap.

I'm always up some good USD smack but that probably crosses a couple lines. If I just need to man up and have thicker skin then I can handle it.

BTW-There is no rivalry. It is dead. We've moved well beyond it. Don't miss it. Don't think about, absolutely do not want any part of it revived, and don't want them to join a conference with us. That should make it crystal clear on my stance. I've always said that I wish USD well in D1 transition because it is important for South Dakota. Outside of that, screw the U!

Now let me get back to Stu.......

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

How is speaking the truth crossing the line. If your fans can't handle it stop throwing stones towards USD. Who crossed the line more, myself or your AD. I have actually moved on and the only reason I bring this up is to simply show you that despite looking through everything through rose colored glasses not everyone loves SDSU and SDSU can do wrong from time to time.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Go St. Ambrose!

Comment

How is speaking the truth crossing the line. If your fans can't handle it stop throwing stones towards USD. Who crossed the line more, myself or your AD. I have actually moved on and the only reason I bring this up is to simply show you that despite looking through everything through rose colored glasses not everyone loves SDSU and SDSU can do wrong from time to time.
              There's a big difference between the two. Our AD made a mistake in his personal life, manned up to it and apologized for his behavoir, was given a deserved second chance, and moved on to lead us in the transition. Your administration turned a blind eye to improper actions, ignored them, laughed about them, and have done nothing to fix the problems. I don't see how you can even remotely compare the two situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                There's a big difference between the two. Our AD made a mistake in his personal life, manned up to it and apologized for his behavoir, was given a deserved second chance, and moved on to lead us in the transition. Your administration turned a blind eye to improper actions, ignored them, laughed about them, and have done nothing to fix the problems. I don't see how you can even remotely compare the two situations.
                Jacks, that was insightful, thoughtful and most of all... makes sense.

Which means Puppy_Fan will never respond to it!

Rep Points for you!
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Just look at this board vs the USD board. You don't hear USD fans constantly bringing up the past against SDSU as you hear on this board in reverse.
                  You hardly hear anything at all on the USD board...
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

Exactly right your administration also turned a blind eye to improper actions. Of course SDSU fans can only see the distance from one side of their campus to the other so I don't know why I am even trying to reason with that tunnell vision.

By the way I have gone to games at Frost at least twice where the student fan behavior was just atrocious so it's not like it happens only in Vermillion. I was hastled quite a bit myself. Like I said glass houses.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      You hardly hear anything at all on the USD board...
                      That is true but of the USD fans that are posting I don't see much unwelcoming behavior over there either. USD just doesn't care about SDSU as much as visa-versa.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

That is true but of the USD fans that are posting I don't see much unwelcoming behavior over there either. USD just doesn't care about SDSU as much as visa-versa.
                        Hmmmm....
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

By the way I have gone to games at Frost at least twice where the student fan behavior was just atrocious so it's not like it happens only in Vermillion. I was hastled quite a bit myself. Like I said glass houses.
                          Hmmmmm.....hmmmmmm.....
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

OK, assuming for a moment that C_F's last post is correct, and SDSU's treatment of USD fans in Brookings is as execrable as what USD's treatment of SDSU fans and teams when last in Vermillion has been . . .

Why the HELL would any self-respecting USD fan, or S.D. media type (a vain attempt to get back on topic) want to renew the rivalry, given the nastyness that occurred at the end of the D-II rivalry days?

I think it is a fair observation that it is NOT the consensus desire of the SDSU community to resume the rivalry with USD any time soon. What desire there is comes from the USD side and from media types like Stu Whitney.

So, I ask again, assuming that everything bad that USD has done to SDSU over the years has also been done (and worse!!!) by SDSU to USD, why would anybody want to start that up again?

You, C_F, don't seem to understand that your posts here simply pour gasoline on the fire, and the more you try to say "you guys did it too" the more you're arguing for the two schools to go completely their separate ways, never again to meet on the field/court/whatever.

As I said in the post here over in this thread, the comment that I fear set off yet again this whole tedious discussion:
                            IMHO it will be a loooooong time before SDSU's athletic administration will subject their basketball teams to the environment in Vermillion. SDSU's open non-conference slots can be better used for another home game or a guarantee game against a big-name regional team, and there's still a large reservoir of bad feelings in Brookings from the last time the Jackrabbit basketball teams were in Vermillion. (The previous statement is not an invitation to an argument, Yote fans. Just accept it as a fact, because it is.)
                            I'm not sure why you, C_F can't simply recognize that there is that "large reservoir of bad feelings." It is. You are not going to argue anybody out of it. My opinion is that your attempts to either 1) tell us to "get over it" and/or 2) "you guys did it too" do nothing but fan the flames. Perhaps that's what you want to do--I don't know.

Me, personally, I'd rather talk more about how USD plans to offer anything approaching a competitive men's athletics program in sports other than football and basketball, given that their goal is to get to 165 scholarships, and talk less about the sorry history of the "rivalry."

Perhaps Stu can get on that scholarship vs. Title IX thing at USD and actually demonstrate again that he can be a journalist. Or maybe not.

Anyway, people will talk about what they talk about . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Eh, he's a troll... ignore him.
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                OK, assuming for a moment that C_F's last post is correct, and SDSU's treatment of USD fans in Brookings is as execrable as what USD's treatment of SDSU fans and teams when last in Vermillion has been . . .

Why the HELL would any self-respecting USD fan, or S.D. media type (a vain attempt to get back on topic) want to renew the rivalry, given the nastyness that occurred at the end of the D-II rivalry days?

I think it is a fair observation that it is NOT the consensus desire of the SDSU community to resume the rivalry with USD any time soon. What desire there is comes from the USD side and from media types like Stu Whitney.

Anyway, people will talk about what they talk about . . .
                                You should feel lucky that this seems to be the general consensus. There are some Bison fans who actually look forward to playing the nazi sympathizers soon. Some are already holding their breath.

Comment

Working...
                                X