Kingsbury County towns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stu Strikes Again!

Some of you should just follow my advice. I did not read what he wrote. I'm having a great morning by the way. If someone makes you that upset, just stop reading his articles or blog entries. You will thank me for it.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

For those that are too lazy to look this stuff up or don't want to give Stu's blog the hits so he keeps typing this stuff, this is Stu's offending quote:

If anyone thinks the Coyotes view this as a permanent solution to their Division I conference challenge, they're either delusional or vindictive. Many of them reside in the greater Brookings region.
      I've said it before and I'll say it again: USD and UND will be in the Summit League in less than five years, assuming that fragile federation holds onto its automatic basketball bids and is still a viable entity at that time.
      It really didn't register with me as all that offensive. Anyone that is making fun of the new "conference" is likely a fan of SDSU. We used this same group of schools and called it an alliance they have taken what we built a step further and are calling it a conference. One thing the administration at USD has done well is sell the situation to their fan base and media as a big deal whether it is or not.

As far as his comments about the Summit. I don't know why people in this area believe a conference needs a big rivalry to survive. Does it do Oral Roberts any good that xDSU's are playing UxD's every year? I don't see it. I think this is still NCC hangover and is likely to stick for a while as Augie is playing in the less than scintillating NSIC and media people still consider SDSU's and USD's opponents also less than scintillating.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
        Some of you should just follow my advice. I did not read what he wrote. I'm having a great morning by the way. If someone makes you that upset, just stop reading his articles or blog entries. You will thank me for it.
        I agree. I just don't read him, nor will I read his blog. Don't want him to get the hit count any higher than he deserves. Till I quit reading him, he ticked me off nearly every time. I know he likes doing that, but what good is it?

Comment

Stuart Speaks Again
          http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

It's funny how when you bring up the Jackrabbits playing former rivals USD or Augustana, the school's supporters always say, "Oh, we've moved on to bigger things," or "We're not going damage our precious RPI by playing schools that are non-counters."

Well, clearly the Jacks are not only playing non-counters, they're playing non-factors. And given their recent performance on the court, those might be the only sure wins on the entire slate.

Looking at the Vikings' schedule, I don't see a lot of lucrative dates, unless you count their exhibition trip to Madison, Wis., to take on the Badgers. So why didn't the Jacks try to schedule them -- or perhaps Northern State? Maybe the embarrassment factor of a possible loss played a role, or (in Augie's case) punishment for perceived slights during SDSU's Division I move.

But at least some things are becoming clearer.
          Now that we know it's possible for SDSU to "lower itself" to play in-state former rivals, we'll just simplify it and assume they don't want to. Maybe someday they'll be in a position to level with South Dakotans about their true motivation in this scheduling saga.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post

Read some of it, and all it says is blah blah blah....I'm a dirty tramp. Same old crap, never changes.

Comment

Face it. Its nothing new, people on this board were saying pretty much the same thing in the basketball schedule thread.

Stu is an opportunist and will jump on something if given the opportunity. Nothing new, nothing really interesting.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                Can't say I really disagree with Stu this time, he pretty much hit the nail on the head...our home OOC schedule leaves much to be desired.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  Can't say I really disagree with Stu this time, he pretty much hit the nail on the head...our home OOC schedule leaves much to be desired.
                  I don't disagree. But here's some context from Terry V.:

"Besides, it's not like the Jacks are the only DI team playing non-counters. NDSU hosted 11 such games over the previous three seasons compared to two at SDSU. And something like this may not happen again as phasing out non-counter contests is part of the Summit Plan."
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I deleted my previous message and maybe will not comment further on Mr. Whitney. I just wish he would apply the fairness doctrine towards USD, when it come to stirring the pot. Schedules are hard to put together, and except for the conference game, a contract is involved and thats what makes it very hard for coaches and AD who have the responsiblity for it's creation.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 08-01-2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I deleted my previous message and maybe will not comment further on Mr. Whitney. I just wish he would apply the fairness doctrine towards USD, when it come to stirring the pot. Schedules are hard to put together, and except for the conference game, a contract is involved and thats what makes it very hard for coaches and AD who have the responsiblity for ira creation.
                      I strongly suspect that one of the reasons that Stu picks on SDSU vs. USD is because he just doesn't get the same volume and intensity of reaction when he rags on Udot.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Stu just continues to find ways to display the fact that he writes at an "NAIA talent level". How he got the job down there is beyond me. I'm not just talking about his articles bashing SDSU. If you read his columns, it is very rare that you get a nugget that makes you think that he is talented. There's a lot of time there that I can never get back.

It's going to be interesting to see what path he takes as USD hits the bottom in their transition process. Will he actually find some respect for what SDSU has done or will right even more petty articles that you would expect from a high schooler? My guess is he will regress.

Every time he starts typing he makes TV look better and better.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          Stu just continues to find ways to display the fact that he writes at an "NAIA talent level". How he got the job down there is beyond me. I'm not just talking about his articles bashing SDSU. If you read his columns, it is very rare that you get a nugget that makes you think that he is talented. There's a lot of time there that I can never get back.

It's going to be interesting to see what path he takes as USD hits the bottom in their transition process. Will he actually find some respect for what SDSU has done or will right even more petty articles that you would expect from a high schooler? My guess is he will regress.

Every time he starts typing he makes TV look better and better.

SUPERBUNNY
                          I can't agree with that. Stu is an award-winning journalist, and one of the reasons he got a job at the Argus is he published a book about Michigan State football before he finished college. Ask anybody there and they'll tell you Stu is one of the most talented people around. You probably haven't read his news projects. Every now and then, the Argus puts him on a long-term news project and the results win national awards. The guy can report and write.

As a columnist/blogger, Stu is about stirring the pot. That's what he does. The best way to get his goat is to avoid getting all worked up about what he writes. Sure, I'm frequently annoyed about what he writes. That just proves he's good at stirring the pot. And I'm not going to take it personally. How many people are going to read that little blog post, anyway?

Remember that the perception of leaning defends also on the stance of the observer. We've got our own biases that color our perceptions of Stu's work.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I can't totally disagree with Stu on this article. While I agree with SDSU's stance on not playing USD at the present time I do think we could have been more dilegent on getting Northern, Augie or a more prominent opponent out of the NSIC if we have to play DII. I think it tells us a little about our confidence level in Men's Basketball..

Comment

I just wish Stu would write about the real reason SDSU does not want to play USD again. Most people on this board know what happened in the locker room the last time we were down there.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                The guy can report and write.

Jimmyjack,

I will try and pay better attention in the future to Stu's news articles to look for the talent of which you speak. It must be there or he wouldn't have been given the opportunity to be the Sports Editor at the Argus. So, I may be a little harsh on him given my SDSU bias.

What he writes in a column or a blog is going to be more opinionated stuff. What I see is that he lets that creep into his articles regarding SDSU and USD. That is bush league in my opinion.

What I appreciate in an article is when I am given the facts about the topic without unnecesary slant put in there just for the sake of getting a jab in.

Terry does a fantastic job of reporting the story and doing it without "rose colored" glasses. He gives us the good and the bad without becoming a part of the story. When you compare the two, to me it isn't even close the level of talent between the two.

We may disagree on this subject so let's just agree on the most important thing. GO JACKS!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X