Kingsbury County towns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stu Strikes Again!

Here is what I have to say if you look at the rapid city journal Duffy is the lead sportswriter.. Duffy went to STM and holds records at STM and yes he favors STM when he writes but he doesn't go out of the way to make fun of other schools, even if they deserve it. Thats something I see alot at the Argus, like open enrollment for example ya it happens but you don't need to make fun of a school for it. or making fun of sdsu because of how bad d-I has been for there mens program and stuff like that I see alot of at the argus that I don't our west. The journal covers SDSM&T and BHSU but doesn't play one over the other like the argus does with usd and sdsu.

Comment

More smack on this subject.

Unfortunetly most of the media talent in SD is subpar. Most of them do little research. I don't see the KWSN guys, or Stu at very many SDSU games. I doubt they listen to them on the radio either. They try to pass themselves off as experts, but realistically they aren't. They are average Joe's like you and me. They like to spew out opinions, without offering any facts.

Listen to the national media, and note how that the best ones, only offer opinions about teams/situations/sports that they understand and research. Padon My Interruption has "Stat Boy" to call them out. Stu has Mick to giggle along with his asinine comments.

The only SD journalist you should listen to is Terry V. He states an opinion, and then offers up stats/facts to back it up. Thank God, for Terry.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack

Unfortunetly most of the media talent in SD is subpar.  Most of them do little research.  
        Um... most of the "media talent" in South Dakota graduated from SDSU. What is the basis for your conclusion? What research have you done to back up that assertion?
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Quote from 2002jack on Today at 12:58am:

Unfortunetly most of the media talent in SD is subpar.  Most of them do little research.  

Um... most of the "media talent" in South Dakota graduated from SDSU. What is the basis for your conclusion? What research have you done to back up that assertion?
          Maybe he reads the Collegian and put two and two together. :-?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
            Quote from 2002jack on Today at 12:58am:

Maybe he reads the Collegian and put two and two together.  :-?
            I am by no means trying to pass myself off as a journalist. I'm strictly posting my opinions. Opinions that are rarely based on facts.

Here's a statistic for you: 90% of statisitics are made up on the spot.

Comment

Unfortunetly most of the media talent in SD is subpar.  Most of them do little research.  I don't see the KWSN guys, or Stu at very many SDSU games.  I doubt they listen to them on the radio either.  They try to pass themselves off as experts, but realistically they aren't.  They are average Joe's like you and me.  They like to spew out opinions, without offering any facts.  

Listen to the national media, and note how that the best ones, only offer opinions about teams/situations/sports that they understand and research.  Padon My Interruption has "Stat Boy" to call them out.  Stu has Mick to giggle along with his asinine comments.

The only SD journalist you should listen to is Terry V.  He states an opinion, and then offers up stats/facts to back it up.  Thank God, for Terry.
              It may not be your intention, but if you are lumping "most of the media talent in SD" with the "KWSN guys and Stu" then that might be the source of your problem.  Their are lots of great media folks in our state. Most of them intentionally never make themselves bigger than their story so they go largely unnoticed.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I'm not going to disagree with you, the sports section at the argus pre-Terry was sub-par, and I'm not making that up. The journalism department at SDSU might not appreciate your somewhat blanket statement though. Even the though the collegian had a little problem with plagarism and is generally fairly sloppy product at times. That's where that reference came from.

Comment

Fair enough. I retract my blanket statement about SD media. Many of them are very good journalists and I enjoy reading their articles.

Comment

Fair enough.  I retract my blanket statement about SD media.  Many of them are very good journalists and I enjoy reading their articles.
                    You're entitled to your opinion about Stu. There are no doubt a lot of SD journalists who wouldn't want to be lumped together with him.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I hope Stu liked going to the State B tourney, b/c he missed a great game at SDSU. Screw him, he is not worthy to come to one of our games and personally I would not even let him in.

Comment

im not sure stu was at the B tourney. i saw him at the AA's

Comment

Originally posted by senator07
                          I hope Stu liked going to the State B tourney, b/c he missed a great game at SDSU.  Screw him, he is not worthy to come to one of our games and personally I would not even let him in.
                          He must have been in SF for the AA since he wrote the OG story in the Argus this AM.

Comment

Why was Stu at our Woman's BB game tonight? I hate him! Who let him in?

Comment

Originally posted by senator07
                              Why was Stu at our Woman's BB game tonight? I hate him! Who let him in?
                              http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...30/1002/SPORTS

Stu strikes again.......

Comment

I thought it was ok to pretty good. :-/

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                                X