This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Who cares about the Big Sky, SDSU fans sure claim they don't eventhough they were on their hands and knees praying to get in that conference only months ago. The Gateway is an average conference but the Midcon for other sports is just another NCC with worse rivalries and the same level of competition.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
      The Gateway is an average conference but the Midcon for other sports is just another NCC with worse rivalries and the same level of competition.  
      You just remember that when U(dot) is begging us to get into the Midcon and Gateway. Have fun playing in Independent.

Comment

Who cares about the Big Sky, SDSU fans sure claim they don't eventhough they were on their hands and knees praying to get in that conference only months ago. The Gateway is an average conference but the Midcon for other sports is just another NCC with worse rivalries and the same level of competition.
        This one gets 9.0. It actually made me laugh (the part about the Gateway being an average conference). Excellent effort.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Who cares about the Big Sky, SDSU fans sure claim they don't eventhough they were on their hands and knees praying to get in that conference only months ago.  The Gateway is an average conference but the Midcon for other sports is just another NCC with worse rivalries and the same level of competition.  
          Google NCC then google Mid con, what might you get? One is a DI athletic conference one is an acronym for a lot of different things and..... It won't even exist in one short year. Not that it did anything for than "existing" and serving has a puching bag for the NSIC after UNC, SDSU, and NDSU left anyways. Wonder it the NSIC would have taken you guys if say Augie went DI?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

LaCrosse

Comment

Yotes 53. It's not proper smack to be boring, repetitive and lack imagination. You have to try harder...give us a laugh!

Comment

Even Stu is having fun with the 'Yotes scheduling problems for next year:

November

The University of South Dakota continues its exciting foray into the world of Division I athletics with a much-anticipated men's basketball opener in Vermillion.

"We had some scheduling problems, but those are all straightened out," says athletic director Joel Nielsen, standing at courtside during the Coyotes' workmanlike victory over Viborg.
                http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...5/COLUMNISTS01

Comment

Geez, is this thing still alive?

Die, Thread, Die!
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Geez, is this thing still alive?

Die, Thread, Die!
                    Sorry for bringing this thread back up...I thought this was the "official" USD(d-1?) smack thread and our ol' pal Stu decided to give us some fresh ammo this week since there hasn't been much news out of Verminville lately...

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                      Sorry for bringing this thread back up...I thought this was the "official" USD(d-1?) smack thread and our ol' pal Stu decided to give us some fresh ammo this week since there hasn't been much news out of Verminville lately...
                      I know I left that thread mallet around here somewhere . . . razza frazza grumble grumble snort . . .

(just having some fun . . . this thread may go on for years . . . )
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I understand there's a thread in need of killing around here. Seems like my super powers have wained a little bit so I'm not sure I can help either.
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          I know I left that thread mallet around here somewhere . . . razza frazza grumble grumble snort . . .

(just having some fun . . . this thread may go on for years . . . )
                          I think it should go on for years, at least until their finished with their transition.

Comment

It was so great to see USD's Marching Band at the Tournament of Roses Parade...

Oh... What? They weren't there? Then who... OH!

South Dakota State!

Well! Well! Well!
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Smack, well maybe its not what I have to offer, but it would be helpful if we could find out more about what is going on at USD. What is their plan? Are they following their consultant's advice or are they just following NDSU and SDSU? The tranisition is risky and you need to have both feet on the floor and a clear head. I hope thats what they are doing in Vermillion. (Thinking with a clear head). I think there the cards are being held close to the vest at this point, but gosh a little disclosure would be helpful. I not wishing USD failure, but hope they have a good solid plan that everyone supports. At least the Coyote logo is not controverisial.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                                It was so great to see USD's Marching Band at the Tournament of Roses Parade...

Oh... What? They weren't there? Then who... OH!

South Dakota State!

Well! Well! Well!
                                Just who is the flagship school from South Dakota? All I saw today was yellow and blue. Oh well, that doesn't mean anything, right? I imagine the Marching 100 from Udot were home practicing...

Comment

Working...
                                X