X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Originally posted by juice
    [quote author=BTownJack link=1164864014/45#52 date=1169135903][quote author=jackmd link=1164864014/45#51 date=1169135631]Not the first recruit to say this and no where near the last.  Its not a suprise to any of us.  The USD fans will, of course, assign fault to the recruit not to themselves.  Why would they have to change?  They are the "Harvard of the Prairie".  All I can say is good decision by Mr. Harrington.
    You couldn't have been more right.  Of course I took the liberty of posting this on the Coyote board as well a few days ago.  Sure enough the first response is the type you were referring to JackMD.  

Check it out: http://coyotesports.proboards100.com...ead=1168913073
    [/quote]

I hope you wouldn't expect a different result on this board if the same kind of thing was posted over here.  If so you are really fooling yourself.  Anytime their is mention of losing a recruit, the party line over here is either "We didn't want him" or "we are better off without him."  Not that I blame you, it appears that's the way it is with most fan boards.  But lets not act like things would be way different on this site, if a similar thing was posted over here.[/quote]

I can assure you of a different result because I wouldn't allow such nonsense to stand.  I can see being upset when a young man doesn't view ones University with the same love and affection that an Alum or current student sees it with, but is that any reason to slander the student athlete and other universities.  The charges levied by the USD poster are serious and should not be thrown around unless you have proof to back them up.

I know some USD supporter is going to get on here and claim that the poster is only joking and I should lighten up.  To that I say, USD does not even have a smack board and there is nothing (no emoticon, etc.) to indicate to the reader the posters intent.  

What coyotes 1 posted was reprehensible if untrue and unless he had proof I would have deleted it as soon as I read it.  

Just in case you haven't bothered to go to the USD board and am not sure what I am talking about.  

coyotes 1 posted:

From what I hear USD spent too much time trying to talk about academics and introduce him to professors. He was upset because the other schools he visited got him drunk. Maybe that's what USD will have to do to pull in the bigger recruits, or maybe we are lucky we didn't get him, I don't know.   :-/ :-[ :'( [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

Please don't even try and lump us in with you.  >

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      [quote author=juice link=1164864014/45#54 date=1169153604][quote author=BTownJack link=1164864014/45#52 date=1169135903][quote author=jackmd link=1164864014/45#51 date=1169135631]Not the first recruit to say this and no where near the last.  Its not a suprise to any of us.  The USD fans will, of course, assign fault to the recruit not to themselves.  Why would they have to change?  They are the "Harvard of the Prairie".  All I can say is good decision by Mr. Harrington.
      You couldn't have been more right.  Of course I took the liberty of posting this on the Coyote board as well a few days ago.  Sure enough the first response is the type you were referring to JackMD.  

Check it out: http://coyotesports.proboards100.com...ead=1168913073
      [/quote]

I hope you wouldn't expect a different result on this board if the same kind of thing was posted over here.  If so you are really fooling yourself.  Anytime their is mention of losing a recruit, the party line over here is either "We didn't want him" or "we are better off without him."  Not that I blame you, it appears that's the way it is with most fan boards.  But lets not act like things would be way different on this site, if a similar thing was posted over here.[/quote]

I can assure you of a different result because I wouldn't allow such nonsense to stand.  I can see being upset when a young man doesn't view ones University with the same love and affection that an Alum or current student sees it with, but is that any reason to slander the student athlete and other universities.  The charges levied by the USD poster are serious and should not be thrown around unless you have proof to back them up.

I know some USD supporter is going to get on here and claim that the poster is only joking and I should lighten up.  To that I say, USD does not even have a smack board and there is nothing (no emoticon, etc.) to indicate to the reader the posters intent.  

What coyotes 1 posted was reprehensible if untrue and unless he had proof I would have deleted it as soon as I read it.  

Just in case you haven't bothered to go to the USD board and am not sure what I am talking about.  

coyotes 1 posted:

From what I hear USD spent too much time trying to talk about academics and introduce him to professors. He was upset because the other schools he visited got him drunk. Maybe that's what USD will have to do to pull in the bigger recruits, or maybe we are lucky we didn't get him, I don't know.   :-/ :-[ :'( [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

Please don't even try and lump us in with you.  >

Go State!  

[/quote]

I'm not going to say Coyotes1 was joking, because I don't know if he was. Whose to say he is slandering anyone. I'm not familiar with the situation so I don't know if it's true or not. I guess maybe he should post a video feed of the recruits visit before he posts anything like that, just so he can provide proof of what he's saying. Without video evidence that kind of talk should not be allowed.

Comment

Come on, do you really think that St. Cloud and NDSU both are just getting recruits drunk and committing lord knows what other recruiting violations, while USD is stressing their academics? Give me a break, you might as well have included the part where ed meirkot revealed his halo from God, and talk about how NDSU 1000 hookers employed on State money. Sorry, but I can almost promise you that this guy is spewing a load of crap.

Speaking of getting recruits drunk, wasn't that USD last year that had several football recruits get tickets for underage drinking at a busted house party? Yes, I believe it was! Man, they must have gotten lost on their way to talk to USD's teaching staff ;D ;D.

If you want, we can get you the URL of the bison board, and you can ask them about how many recruits they get drunk on visits, I'm sure they would be happy to discuss it!

Comment

Profiles In Leadership, USD Style:

Abbott has grown into sports leader role
          "When I got here I didn't know the difference between a football and a basketball," Abbott said, joking. "I also thought we had a hockey team."
          . . .
          "Both Joel Nielsen and I have thought for the last three or four years that what happened was going to happen," Abbott said. "I don't think our fan base, staff and faculty and general public at that time thought that something (in the future) was going to happen to push us to where we are now. And when you're going to have to raise an extra $2 million a year, you have to have that kind of support."
          You gotta love it. SDSU has a past Big 10 Faculty Rep from Illinois as our President, and USD has . . . Jim Abbott.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I love the U, I love Vermillion, they can do no wrong so please leave them alone. :-*

Damm, those nasty dreams again. :'(

Save me 89

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
              I love the U, I love Vermillion, they can do no wrong so please leave them alone. :-*

Save me 89

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily. ;D

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                [quote author=Rabbitden link=1164864014/60#64 date=1169408381]I love the U, I love Vermillion, they can do no wrong so please leave them alone. :-*

Save me 89

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily. ;D

Go State! [/quote]

Isn't that the "official" motto of USD(d-1?)?

Comment

You can't make it up! Another kid drops USD after a less than perfect recruiting visit in Vermillion.

http://wisconsinpreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=632429

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                    You can't make it up! Another kid drops USD after a less than perfect recruiting visit in Vermillion.

http://wisconsinpreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=632429
                    This is the same kid who was talked about on the Bison board.

Comment

Nope this is a different one. Two in one week with a bad experience at USD.

Comment

Originally posted by JackerRabbit
                        [quote author=BTownJack link=1164864014/30#43 date=1169006395]
                        Wisfootball.net is reporting a verbal by Matt Harrington to St Cloud St. over NDSU and USD.  It said in the article that he disliked USD so much, he left before the visit was concluded.
                        From the Bison board...this really made me laugh!!!  And I was disappointed to see this thread had fell to the 2nd page.  That just shouldn't happen!!!

http://www400.pair.com/bisonvil/cgi-...68003540/22#22
                        ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

I think it is the same, Matt Harrington, or the links are correct.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
                          [quote author=JackerRabbit link=1164864014/45#45 date=1169055041][quote author=BTownJack link=1164864014/30#43 date=1169006395]
                          Wisfootball.net is reporting a verbal by Matt Harrington to St Cloud St. over NDSU and USD.  It said in the article that he disliked USD so much, he left before the visit was concluded.
                          From the Bison board...this really made me laugh!!!  And I was disappointed to see this thread had fell to the 2nd page.  That just shouldn't happen!!!

http://www400.pair.com/bisonvil/cgi-...68003540/22#22
                          ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

I think it is the same, Matt Harrington, or the links are correct.
                          [/quote]
                          This is the same kid.

Comment

Harrington on USD

Matt went to St. Cloud State last weekend and was welcomed by his former teammate Tyler Niefeldt, who red shirted at SCSU this past season. On January 14th, he officially received an offer from Coach Randy Hedberg.

"I just had a bad feeling about the school right away". I had never talked to anyone at USD until a few weeks ago.” In the middle of the visit, Matt had a talk with his parents, and he felt the visit wasn’t going anywhere. “We went to talk to the offensive coordinator who had been calling me, I told him that USD just was not right for me.”

http://www.xanga.com/suedeknight

Comment

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1170534507]This Thread[/link]

Comment

For those who haven't read it yet, U dot has an article in the volante summing up the state/U rivilary. Just another pointless cheap shot usd students take at state. A classy bunch down there.

SDSU / USD Rivalry In A... Nutshell
                                Since the State/USD rivalry has been hibernating for several years now, I'm betting there's a gaggle of students who don't remember it; who have never chucked dead jackrabbits onto a football field, who don't quite get shirts like "Beat State - Not Your Wife" and who might be led to believe that the whole thing is only about football. Let me try to fix that.

Honestly, I doubt that there are many people left who know exactly why the rivalry started. Luckily, it doesn't really matter. All you need to know is that it's once again acceptable to assume that every State student aspires to be a farmer, probably loves country music like a fat kid loves cake and may or may not be prone to questionable actions involving sheep.

Since none of these can possibly apply to anyone at USD, we're clearly the superior school. Carry yourselves accordingly.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X