X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    From the offical USD website boxerboy has it right.

2003 - 5-6-0 (NCC, 2-5-0, 6th)
    34.................Concordia-St. Paul................28
    10.................Minnesota-Duluth..................7
    24..............@Wisconsin-LaCrosse.............28
    ...................Nebraska-Omaha.................34
    31.......................Augustana................ ......27
    30...................Minnesota State....................0
    21..................@St. Cloud State.................33
    11................South Dakota State...............22
    3 ................@North Dakota State..............35
    3 ......................North Dakota...................37
    56.....................Lincoln (Mo.)......................7
    Ed Meierkort (2004-present
    Road loss. Doesn't count.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oh SNAP! We get to do it now too.

LLLLLLAAAAAAAACCCCCCCRRRRRRRROOOOOOOSSSSSSEEEEEE!

I will say your 2009 schedule looks decent and not all that different from SDSU's second year schedule. It only looks sweet when you compare it to this year.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Thank you filbert. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Not only that, it was the John Austin Era, blaaah!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Rep Points!! Very Funny!

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

You know, I had completely purged that loss on the road to UW-L from my memory. Much like I'm sure you'd like to rid yourself of that debacle you witnessed on The Farm at the hands of UW-L.

I think both schools should steer clear of hyphenated UW schools for the immediate future.

Comment

From the offical USD website boxerboy has it right.

2003 - 5-6-0 (NCC, 2-5-0, 6th)
              34.................Concordia-St. Paul................28
              10.................Minnesota-Duluth..................7
              24..............@Wisconsin-LaCrosse.............28
              0 ...................Nebraska-Omaha.................34
              31.......................Augustana................ ......27
              30...................Minnesota State....................0
              21..................@St. Cloud State.................33
              11................South Dakota State...............22
              3 ................@North Dakota State..............35
              3 ......................North Dakota...................37
              56.....................Lincoln (Mo.)......................7

That one stands out too....hehe.....I can never resist. And by the looks of it, I do believe it was in the Dump so its gotta count right?
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                We pay a price in 2008 but 2009 is looking pretty sweet, even the Jack Faithful must admit that. Those who lived in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, you were in the same position as we are now at one time.

South Dakota also announced opponents for the 2009 season. Currently they have agreed to games either verbally or contractually with 10 different teams. Eight of the 10 teams are NCAA Division I teams and 2009 will include a complete four-game Great West Football Conference schedule. USD will host McNeese State, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern Utah, UC-Davis, West Texas A&M and William Penn. The Coyotes will travel to Cal Poly, North Dakota, Northern Colorado and Northern Iowa.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...elease_id=4432

As for LaCrosse, we squeeked it out by one point, yes, but a win is a win, and we were a 36 schollie D2 team at the time. It was an embarassing loss for you guys at the time, but I think you made up for it by taking down the Bison this past season. Did I just say something nice about the Jacks? I must go do penance.
                Never been in the same position as usd2. We have always been better, even when numbers don't add up. By your own admission several weeks ago, the GWFC does not count. Maybe it only counts if you play at win all the games at home only.

Comment

We pay a price in 2008 but 2009 is looking pretty sweet,
                  Thanks to the Great West Conference, which we helped build, and which most yotee fans mocked. You're welcome.

The udot: Where the view never changes.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                    Never been in the same position as usd2. We have always been better, even when numbers don't add up. By your own admission several weeks ago, the GWFC does not count. Maybe it only counts if you play at win all the games at home only.
                    You dream. I think they need to check the toxin levels of the drinking water up there on The Farm. It seems the water runoff from the fields is polluting the drinking water to dangerously high levels causing delusion. Some of you may be saved, for many of you it is to late.

Comment

You dream. I think they need to check the toxin levels of the drinking water up there on The Farm. It seems the water runoff from the fields is polluting the drinking water to dangerously high levels causing delusion. Some of you may be saved, for many of you it is to late.

And this coming from a guy who spent time living in Vermillion, SD? The same Vermillion that has more trailer's per capita than the rest of the U.S. combined??

You should feel lucky Verm-Town was "forward-thinking" enough to have running water much less clean water in that Armpit of SD.

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Not to worry. We have civil engineers. You know, the guys who build the water treatment plants? Plus we often deal with things coming out of USD so we know how to deal with toxic wastes.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm surprised kelo put the schedule on tv.

How embarassing.

Comment

I enjoy the way you Yote lovers think your putting SDSU down by referring to it as the farm. Get a clue dude in states where that is done like KU fans do to K State fans or Michigan fans do to MSU fans there generally is a difference between the respective communities regarding rural or urban not just the type of universities and the majors involved. Vermillion is probably the smallest university town in the nation and is more rural than Brookings. Vermillion is certainly no urban mecca so remember 1) farming isn't bad it keeps food on the table. 2) Vermillion isn't Ann Arbor. 3) Vermillion is a litle piece of s**t town.

Comment

Yeah, and my Dad can still beat up your Dad!

Comment

The Farm is how I and many others refer to Coughlin Alumni. I wasn't referring to your whole campus, though if you want to wear that shoe, it fits. You know, kinda like how Stanford has their games "down on The Farm". But don't start comparing yourselves to Stanford. I mean it's delusional enough to think that State is better than the U, but Stanford, that will get you committed.

My smack is light hearted and in good fun. Boxerboy, still not sure about yours. You need to watch filbert in action. Filbert, well played...and funny.

Yes, USD and Vermillion may not reek of urban sophistication, but at least we leave our cowbells at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X