Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyote Coach comments on Jackrabbits

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...02/1002/SPORTS

It looks like Augustana is better then Chad's 'Yotes this year. They might not even finish above .500 in the NCC.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

A mediocre team will yield mediocre results. I sure accordinging to Chad this is probably the best Augie team ever.

Comment

The USD women will certainly have a tough time hanging on to that #3 spot in the region rankings after last night. Hopefully our leading scorer and rebounder (Yaeger) will be able to make it back in time for the conference tournament, or we could really see the Coyotes fall in the region rankings (hopefully not out of the top 8). The Lady Yotes finish the season at St. Cloud, a final four team from last year with four starters returning, including the Player of the Year. Not looking good for USD.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
          A mediocre team will yield mediocre results. I sure accordinging to Chad this is probably the best Augie team ever.
          Best Augie team ever, heh, I am sure they would walk into the NCAA tournament with a high seed. They are probably comparable to an LSU or Baylor type team. Just ask Chad.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by juice
            The USD women will certainly have a tough time hanging on to that #3 spot in the region rankings after last night.  Hopefully our leading scorer and rebounder (Yaeger) will be able to make it back in time for the conference tournament, or we could really see the Coyotes fall in the region rankings (hopefully not out of the top 8).  The Lady Yotes finish the season at St. Cloud, a final four team from last year with four starters returning, including the Player of the Year.  Not looking good for USD.
            I know a several of the USD players and their families.  Great people and really a nice showing by this team this year.  Injuries and inconsistent play have really hurt them.  I'm not sure they have that "leader" on the court who can take things over when the younger players start to get nervous is big games/clutch situations.  Reminds me a lot of the troubles our men are having.  I think the Hoffman twins have been a great addition to the team and Carda has shown some flashes at times. Remember, they are all new to the program.  I don't think this is their year and even if they sneak into the regional it will be a short run.

Now to keep it smacky, Lavin made a stupid statment and he ought to fess up.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Smack comments about USD (or any other school) should never be interpreted as critical of the players...I'm sure (with some exceptions naturally) every school's teams and families are nice people, as JackMD points out.

The smack on this thread has dealt with the stupid-a__ comments made by a coach who has a habit of doing it, so this isn't a rare occasion. Having said all that, there is no easy way to prove the gap that exists between this year's NCC teams and SDSU, just like there is no way to prove whether this year's Jackrabbit team is worse, as good as, or better than the DII national championship team. But anybody in there right mind knows that a team rated by six or seven national rating services as in the top 50 of the 335 Division I schools, proves there IS a large gap separating the NCC teams from DI teams. We will see how high the USD and UND women's basketball teams rank in their first year of DI, just two seasons removed from this year!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
                Smack comments about USD (or any other school) should never be interpreted as critical of the players...I'm sure (with some exceptions naturally) every school's teams and families are nice people, as JackMD points out.

The smack on this thread has dealt with the stupid-a__ comments made by a coach who has a habit of doing it, so this isn't a rare occasion. Having said all that, there is no easy way to prove the gap that exists between this year's NCC teams and SDSU, just like there is no way to prove whether this year's Jackrabbit team is worse, as good as, or better than the DII national championship team. But anybody in there right mind knows that a team rated by six or seven national rating services as in the top 50 of the 335 Division I schools, proves there IS a large gap separating the NCC teams from DI teams. We will see how high the USD and UND women's basketball teams rank in their first year of DI, just two seasons removed from this year!
                I read the first part of that post and was like, huh? Then it came around at the end.

Hard to find common opponents in the schedules but it is even harder to find opponents of a caliber that SDSU has played. These ladies have put together a magical season and to compare it to anything in the NCC is ludicrous.

A person would have to be wearing a very thick pair of Chad Lavin signature rose-colored glasses to be able to see a comparison!!! Damn, that was funny!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                  [quote author=jacks#1fan link=1169357867/90#95 date=1172181473]Smack comments about USD (or any other school) should never be interpreted as critical of the players...I'm sure (with some exceptions naturally) every school's teams and families are nice people, as JackMD points out.

Having said all that, there is no easy way to prove the gap that exists between this year's NCC teams and SDSU, just like there is no way to prove whether this year's Jackrabbit team is worse, as good as, or better than the DII national championship team. !

Hard to find common opponents in the schedules but it is even harder to find opponents of a caliber that SDSU has played.  SUPERBUNNY
                  [/quote]

I have to agree with you here. It is very tough to make comparisons between SDSU and the elite of the NCC ie UND. The only common opponent that the teams shared was Duluth, who SDSU beat by 13 and UND beat by 16. I don't think you can just take the one common opponent and say "UND beat them easier, they must be better." We all know it doesn't work like that. It's a hypothetical argument based on pure speculation.

Comment

[quote author=SUPERBUNNY link=1169357867/90#96 date=1172193740][quote author=jacks#1fan link=1169357867/90#95 date=1172181473]Smack comments about USD (or any other school) should never be interpreted as critical of the players...I'm sure (with some exceptions naturally) every school's teams and families are nice people, as JackMD points out.

Having said all that, there is no easy way to prove the gap that exists between this year's NCC teams and SDSU, just like there is no way to prove whether this year's Jackrabbit team is worse, as good as, or better than the DII national championship team. !

Hard to find common opponents in the schedules but it is even harder to find opponents of a caliber that SDSU has played.  SUPERBUNNY
                    [/quote]

I have to agree with you here.  It is very tough to make comparisons between SDSU and the elite of the NCC ie UND. The only common opponent that the teams shared was Duluth, who SDSU beat by 13 and UND beat by 16.  I don't think you can just take the one common opponent and say "UND beat them easier, they must be better."  We all know it doesn't work like that.  It's a hypothetical argument based on pure speculation.
                    [/quote]
                    All in all I also have to agree, using that argument, we played Duluth the day of playing a close game the day before in Minn, Und played them 2 days after losing to Augie both at home. Both were coming off a tough game, only difference is UND was home for both and was slightly rested more.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Re: Coyote Coach comments on Jackrabbits

Why are we even making this argument? We would be in the D-1 NCAA tournament this year if we were eligible. We will be in the WNIT. Haven't we moved on from the NCC and D2? We went 6-3 against BCS teams. The three loses were to teams that will still be playing deep into March. Let's talk about who is better the Jackrabbits or Gophers or Women of Troy or Lady Jayhawks not a team whose nickname won't allow them to play half of the teams in BCS conferences.
                      Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

I'm with you Gateway. I also can't believe that we have 7 pages going on this topic! Where is our resident threadkiller when we need him.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

My ears were burninng. Was someone looking for me ;D
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

[quote author=SUPERBUNNY link=1169357867/90#96 date=1172193740][quote author=jacks#1fan link=1169357867/90#95 date=1172181473]Smack comments about USD (or any other school) should never be interpreted as critical of the players...I'm sure (with some exceptions naturally) every school's teams and families are nice people, as JackMD points out.

[/quote]

I have to agree with you here.  It is very tough to make comparisons between SDSU and the elite of the NCC ie UND. The only common opponent that the teams shared was Duluth, who SDSU beat by 13 and UND beat by 16.  I don't think you can just take the one common opponent and say "UND beat them easier, they must be better."  We all know it doesn't work like that.  It's a hypothetical argument based on pure speculation.
                            [/quote]

You maybe missed the point of my post!  There is only one common opponent and nothing can really be drawn from that.  There are plenty of uncommon opponents that SDSU has played that are at a level way above anything that UND or anyone else in the NCC has played!  SDSU by all accounts would be invited into the NCAA Tournament (yeah, the big dog!) if eligible.  They are almost certain to be in the WNIT!  What non-SDSU fans don't understand is the depth of SDSU's team and there isn't a drop off in talent, just a little inexperience. Even that has vanished to a degree because of the playing time that everyone receives.

SDSU would run the tables in the NCC that is a shadow of it's former self!

A person would have to be wearing a very thick pair of Chad Lavin signature rose-colored glasses to be able to see a comparison!!!  
                            WHAT REALLY GETS ME FIRED UP IS THAT NOBODY MADE A COMMENT ABOUT THE ABOVE QUOTE!  THIS IS A CHAD LAVIN SMACK THREAD ISN'T IT! I THOUGHT IT WAS BRILLIANT!  

Wow, what a waste of a 500th post!  You only get to do that once and I blew it on this!

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I agree with Gatewaryrabbit completely.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                                My ears were burninng. Was someone looking for me ;D
                                Kill, CatchEmAll, Kill!!!
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X