Coyote Coach comments on Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyote Coach comments on Jackrabbits

Well, St. Cloud State must be the team that would rank in the top 30 rpi. They beat Chadwick and his yotes tonight. We'd probably finish 5th or 6th in the NCC using Chadwick's logic. Thank God he went to USD!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Chadwick is now whining about the poor officiating in the NCC:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...41/1002/SPORTS

USD coach Chad Lavin wanted a foul called on USD's first attempt in that final possession, a short jumper from the lane by guard Shannon Daly.

"It's really frustrating for me and for the kids," Lavin said. "We can't seem to get a break. I thought Shannon got fouled on the body there. We got some called on us at the other end where we had our hands straight up. That's fine, we fouled them. But then call it at the other end."
      Of course, this modus operandi will probably be one of the top excuses that Chad will use to explain the complete collapse of his program when USD(d-1?) moves into D-I independent purgatory........

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
        I would not be surprised if something is cooking in regards to a sizable donation from Mr Dykhouse and Sanford. 90% of the revenue or more from First Premier is from the Credit Card Division which Miles Beacon heads up and has the new business school named after him at USD.
        If I were y'all, I'd put my faith in this "rumor", rather than the one about the junior school to the south!

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
          Chadwick is now whining about the poor officiating in the NCC:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...41/1002/SPORTS

USD coach Chad Lavin wanted a foul called on USD's first attempt in that final possession, a short jumper from the lane by guard Shannon Daly.

"It's really frustrating for me and for the kids," Lavin said. "We can't seem to get a break. I thought Shannon got fouled on the body there. We got some called on us at the other end where we had our hands straight up. That's fine, we fouled them. But then call it at the other end."
          Of course, this modus operandi will probably be one of the top excuses that Chad will use to explain the complete collapse of his program when USD(d-1?) moves into D-I independent purgatory........
          Chad couldn't beat us when he had Koupal. Now he thinks he should beat SCSU with less talented players than Koupal, while SCSU has a player in Quigley who is even better than Koupal was. Chad, do you want some cheese with your whine?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
            [quote author=dozer1981 link=1169357867/60#69 date=1171139861]I heard over the grapevine that Denny T is putting up the money to build a new basketball arena down in Verminville.  That was just the rumor but it came from pretty good sources.  Gonna sit just south of the dome where that dump of a trailer court sits now.  Gonna hold 10000 supposedly.
            Maybe I'm naive but I'm not sure I know who Denny T is?  There are a lot of rumors flying around about USD and its future at DI.  Abbott told an audience that I was part of that the "money is there to make the move".  No doubt they need a free-standing place to play BB, VB, etc..  It will have to be built somehow.  They medical and business schools already have Sanford's name/imprint on them.  I wasn't aware that he would be funding any athletic endeavors.

Has an aside, for those who aren't familiar with T. Denny Sanford and his banking empire, Dana Dykehouse (an ardent SDSU supporter who's son plays FB for state) is the president and CEO of First Premier Bank.  T. Denny must be thankful for the way Mr. Dykehouse has managed his business.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/SDSU/Alumni/DanaDykhouse.cfm[/quote]

In reading through the Feb 11 article in the Argus, you sense that T. Denny Sanford seems very committed to doing good things in pediatrics health care, whether its a hospital or a research center. There just are no hints about athletic facilities that I can tell from this or other articles. Maybe the Argus staff stayed away from asking about this, but there just is no evidence.

Also backing away from the U OF M deal makes you wonder if he really is that interested in athletics. If he does not want to help his alma mater why would he want to help USD build a facility? Are there any former USD athletes working in key positions at Premier? Its not Sanford's idea for USD to go D1, and the fact that he rewarded one of his employees with the gift to the USD business school is another matter. That gift probably came with pressure from the USD Foundation, and maybe the USD Foundation played all their trump cards in that gift.

I would like to think some Sanford gift is in the works for SDSU athletics, but we can only hope-be surprised and overjoyed when it happens.

Comment

Keep the faith Haldersham!!!! Might happen sooner than you think -- now don't start thinking days, or weeks, or months...but......just keep the faith! Sometimes you just have to be able to read between the lines!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan

If I were y'all, I'd put my faith in this "rumor", rather than the one about the junior school to the south!

Ditto. The word I'm getting is that something significant is in the works in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola
                  [quote author=jacks#1fan link=1169357867/75#77 date=1171231825]

Ditto.  The word I'm getting is that something significant is in the works in Brookings.  [/quote]
                  Does any one have more light on this topic of getting something signifcant in the works then just hearsay? Can anyone add more to these rumors?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

No, and doing so will only slow it down.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

So something big is going to happen and people know, but know one wants to throw any comments out there about it? I will be a little conservative on this rumor until something more concrete comes about.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

It seems we have drifted a bit of topic also. Lets keep this post about the subject at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
                          Keep the faith Haldersham!!!! Might happen sooner than you think -- now don't start thinking days, or weeks, or months...but......just keep the faith! Sometimes you just have to be able to read between the lines!
                          Okay I will do that. Its not that a Sanford gift is not possible, its just that I have no inside source telling me what is in the works.  For me I am just being cautiously optimistic. If it happens, then we all have a reason to rejoice.  Not so much on this board, but the USD message board, there are a few who believe T. Denny is going to build a 10000 seat basketball arena. Of that notion I am very skeptical. I kind of think and I could be dead wrong, that Abbott and the USD foundation have went to the T. Denny well once to often. They gotten a lot of cash out of him and yet I fail to see any ties directly to USD and Sanford other than the one employee, who ran the credit card company.

Comment

If there is even a chance we are going to be part of the Sanford money line, would we get money for what we want or would be give it to say the research center they are building up. The plan for it will take years to do, but with his money it could happen much much sooner. It would be great if we could get enough for sports and academics, but I guess any money is going to help somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by goon
                              If there is even a chance we are going to be part of the Sanford money line, would we get money for what we want or would be give it to say the research center they are building up.  The plan for it will take years to do, but with his money it could happen much much sooner.  It would be great if we could get enough for sports and academics, but I guess any money is going to help somewhere.  
                              Things aren't more specific, because everything may not yet be finalized. We don't need to be speculating a lot here and maybe interfering with the orderly process that has to take place. But I would advise you to go back and read JACKGUYII comment on on Feb 10th, 2007, 4:08pm in this segment and then refer to my two earlier posts in the last few days and read all you want to into it, but it would be wise to just sit back, keep the faith, and watch!

Comment

There has got to be a lot more going on then pinning our hopes on one big potential donor. It would sure be nice!

I would have to guess that there are lots of relationships being cultivated that will help out down the road. There is a lot that needs to be done to take care of everything for scholarship, facilities, etc.

There are other threads on here that deal with some of the potential large donors.

Now about that jackass in red! Awww, I better not go there!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X