Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyote Coach comments on Jackrabbits

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
    How many in attendence and did anyone ask specifically about his thoughts on Lavin's comments?
    I think there were about 50-70 in attendance. Maybe 1/3 SDSU fans. One SDSU fan did ask him about Lavin's comments and AJ took the high road. He said he felt his DI teams have been better each year and that they are definitely better now than when we were DII. He also said he didn't know anything about the quality of the DII teams in the NCC but he was sure they were good, too.

The person asking the question even set AJ up by asking AJ to comment on his record against USD. I think he has only lost to them once. AJ didn't bite.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo
      [quote author=jacks#1fan link=1169357867/30#41 date=1170112176]He was a bottom feeder last year and getting closer this year as the tough games come along.

I always think it is interesting that players transfer to the U. Players transfer because they couldn't cut it at another school. Natalie Carda was a good D-2 player who wasn't able to cut it at SDSU (oops...forgot we aren't very good...doesn't say much for his player if she couldn't make our team). The Hoffman twins played for Texas State last year, and we cleaned them out when we played them. So now they get to play for Lavin at the Division II level. Nuff said. ;D
      let's get one thing straight!   Carda would have been a big help to our team.   She would have been 6-7th for this balanced team.  She could play inside out and would have contributed on a regular bases.  Don't knock a person who made a personal decision to follow her heart. You should also know that both her parents went to USD and she comes from a great family.  One of the hardest things to do for an athlete is to transfer to the rival and hear all the talk.  Just wish her luck and be done!

[/quote]

Sorry, but IMHO you're wrong. Maybe my language was too harsh, but Carda was unhappy because she wasn't getting the playing time and thought she should have been playing instead of Warkenthien. She did see the handwriting on the wall. There is nothing wrong with that...she would do decent at the DII level (although I wonder how she will now like it when she's a senior at USD and they are in that first transitional year). My point remains: I don't believe she was going to get much playing time and yet she can go to the U and start (you know, that's the same school where the coach feels SDSU's women's team isn't very good.)

Comment

Wow........Carda is averaging 7 points and 12.8 minutes per game......one start.........wonder if she is regretting transferring now.

You know the fall from grace that Ruley has had at NDSU (or Nagy here) since going D-I? That fall will have a very soft landing compared to the big thud that will hit Coyote County once Lavin has to start playing D-I teams and can't have anymore D-I castoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
          Wow........Carda is averaging 7 points and 12.8 minutes per game......one start.........wonder if she is regretting transferring now.

You know the fall from grace that Ruley has had at NDSU (or Nagy here) since going D-I? That fall will have a very soft landing compared to the big thud that will hit Coyote County once Lavin has to start playing D-I teams and can't have anymore D-I castoffs.
          Chadwick will have his trials no doubt about that.

Comment

I see that the mighty Sioux that Chad proclaims as great has now dropped 2 in a row. One at SCSU and then at the Betty to the Augustana girls. Doesn't sound like a top 20 D1 team to me, Chad. Matter of fact, I do not believe UND is as good as they were in days gone by when they had Crouse and Kleinsasser.

Comment

I hope UND lives up to Chad's hype and beats the ever livin' crap out of the 'Yotes reaffirming that UND is the best team he's ever faced!

That would put a smile on my face and a twitch in his!

This is a smack thread isn't it? Whewww!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Well, ol' Chad was probably reading about last night's game and thinking that we must have been the luckiest team in the country the past two games. He doesn't realize, however, that the result would be about the same if USD(d-1?) had been the red team on the floor of Frost Arena last night instead of NJIT.

I have a hunch that he has no personal desire to schedule SDSU becuase 1) he really doesn't want to know how bad his program really is and 2) A.J. owns him with a 9-2 record.

Comment

I know that a lot of you guys disagree with me, but I still thing the Jacks should invite Chad to bring his team to Frost Arena next year for one of the pre-season exhibition games.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack
                    I know that a lot of you guys disagree with me, but I still thing the Jacks should invite Chad to bring his team to Frost Arena next year for one of the pre-season exhibition games.
                    That would be all right, but I don't think Chad would accept it because 1) his team would get killed and 2) he would want us to play down there.

I know this is a rant, but if Chadwick does want to play SDSU, he should have to accept that we probably won't go to the DakotaDumpTM for some time. I would rather watch them play on a neutral site instead of making a trip to Verminville......yeah, even a crammed, old class B gym is better than the Dump.

Comment

I heard over the grapevine that Denny T is putting up the money to build a new basketball arena down in Verminville. That was just the rumor but it came from pretty good sources. Gonna sit just south of the dome where that dump of a trailer court sits now. Gonna hold 10000 supposedly.

Comment

Originally posted by dozer1981
                        I heard over the grapevine that Denny T is putting up the money to build a new basketball arena down in Verminville.  That was just the rumor but it came from pretty good sources.  Gonna sit just south of the dome where that dump of a trailer court sits now.  Gonna hold 10000 supposedly.
                        That's great news for usdII (if true), that means they will be able to claim crowds of 12,000-14,000 in the future.

: : : : :

Here is the architects first conceptual drawing of the two facilities......

....................Dakota Dump................................Dakota dump-er

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by dozer1981
                          I heard over the grapevine that Denny T is putting up the money to build a new basketball arena down in Verminville.  That was just the rumor but it came from pretty good sources.  Gonna sit just south of the dome where that dump of a trailer court sits now.  Gonna hold 10000 supposedly.
                          Maybe I'm naive but I'm not sure I know who Denny T is? There are a lot of rumors flying around about USD and its future at DI. Abbott told an audience that I was part of that the "money is there to make the move". No doubt they need a free-standing place to play BB, VB, etc.. It will have to be built somehow. They medical and business schools already have Sanford's name/imprint on them. I wasn't aware that he would be funding any athletic endeavors.

Has an aside, for those who aren't familiar with T. Denny Sanford and his banking empire, Dana Dykehouse (an ardent SDSU supporter who's son plays FB for state) is the president and CEO of First Premier Bank. T. Denny must be thankful for the way Mr. Dykehouse has managed his business.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/SDSU/Alumni/DanaDykhouse.cfm
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Could be a bit of a rumor mashup going on here. I've heard similar things (athletic donation) but in those rumors, the money is going to SDSU through Dana Dykhouse for the football training building. (Recall that Sanford already gave his other President, the one who runs credit cards for him, $5 million to give to USD's Business School... maybe he's doing the same with Dykhouse who could choose to give it to SDSU athletics.) That could be the source of this rumor.

Whatever is going on, Sanford deserves great credit for his philanthropy. Whether he's giving to USD or SDSU or Sioux Valley, his gifts will have a positive impact on a great many people in our state.

Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I would not be surprised if something is cooking in regards to a sizable donation from Mr Dykhouse and Sanford. 90% of the revenue or more from First Premier is from the Credit Card Division which Miles Beacon heads up and has the new business school named after him at USD.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                                I would not be surprised if something is cooking in regards to a sizable donation from Mr Dykhouse and Sanford. 90% of the revenue or more from First Premier is from the Credit Card Division which Miles Beacon heads up and has the new business school named after him at USD.
                                Excellent points.

Comment

Working...
                                X