Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Sucks

Originally posted by jackmd
    Too much logic for the smack board!!  Of course, time will tell if the promises of funding, construction, and recruiting will bring success to the UXD's at the DI level or not.  The XDSU's are in established DI conferences, competitive nationally, and hosting a post-season conference tournament.  Thats more than promises and what might be.  Yote fans may want to keep that in mind.
    Well stated, jackmd.

Hmmm...is it possible move a thread from Smack to elsewhere on the message board due to too much logic and a somber discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by bincitysioux
      [quote author=jackmd link=1182280463/45#58 date=1183133379]
      The XDSU's are in established DI conferences, competitive nationally, and hosting a post-season conference tournament.  Thats more than promises and what might be.  Yote fans may want to keep that in mind.
      Yeah but the XDSU's weren't in that position in June of 2003, the date that corresponds with where the UXD's currently are in their respective  transitions.  In June of 2003 NDSU was telling us that they were a shoe-in for the Big Sky.    Things change, things develop, and things take time.  Alot of XDSU fans act as if SDSU and NDSU were co-champions of the NCC last year, and will now be making a seamless transition into the Summit Leauge for this year.  Remember, the reclassification was not seamless for the SU's, will not be for the U's, and rarely is for anybody.  
      [/quote]

????????????????????????

What SDSU and NDSU accomplished in D-I this past year, believe me, was much BIGGER, BETTER and MORE IMPORTANT than being co-champions in a D-II, watered-down league and division.

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
        Since I am a kid doesn't that excuse me from some of my smack talk since I really don't know any better yet and my brain has yet to fully develop.  Since all those that are responding are adults what is your excuse.  Why would you spend so much time on a message board just picking on a kid and antagonizing him.  You would think you people would know better than that.    

Let me take a poke at summarizing a day in the life of Ucks.

9:30 a.m.-Roll out of bed.

9:35 a.m.-Check the SDSUfans Forum.  Post something unintellegent.

9:40 a.m.-Eat some Fruity Pebbles

9:50 a.m-Settle down on the couch and play Playstation for couple of hours.

12:30 p.m.- Eat some of Mom's delicious grilled cheese sandwiches.  Get an argument with Mom.  She wants you to mow the lawn. Your not about to do that, after all it's big sis's turn to mow.

1:00 p.m.-Some of your classmates call to invite you to the pool.  You turn them down.  The last time you were at the pool the 6th graders made fun of you for wearing your shirt the whole time.  You don't need that again.

1:15 p.m-Settle down on the couch and play Playstation for couple of hours.

4:00 p.m.- Oprah!!!!

5:00 p.m.- Big Sis comes home and calls you a "loser".  She takes over the remote.  You go back to the computer and check out SDSUFans.com.  You post an utterly stupid comment.

5:30 p.m.- Your Dad comes home. He's pissed, you didn't mow the lawn.  You apologize and wipe the tears from your face.  You're not allowed to play Playstation or get on the internet until the lawn's mowed.  This punishment is worse than death.

6:00 p.m.- Mom's famous meatloaf is served for dinner.  Delicious.

6:30 p.m.- Although it's not fair, you mow the lawn.

8:30 p.m.- You get invited by some classmates to go to a movie.  You turn them down.  You don't want be embarrased by your recent breakout of acne, and the fact that you haven't showered for days.

9:00 p.m.- Sit down to watch some TV, big Sis walks in and demands the remote.  You've got no choice on this one. You still have bruises from Wednesday when she whooped up on you.

10:00 p.m.  Big Sis's boyfriend calls, she'll be preoccupied for the next couple of hours.  Finally your turn to run the television.  

10:05 p.m.  Playstation....you play for the next 4 or 5 hours.

2:30 a.m. Check out SDSUfans.com.  Make a stupid post.

3:00 a.m Go to bed.  Dream about USD winning a DI conference championship.

Wow.  What a summer.  Learn how to fish or go golfing.  Don't spend your teen years worried about USD.  Wait until your 30 or 35, with a wife and some kids, and there is nothing else besides this kind of crap to talk/worry about.  You are young for godsakes; play baseball, go to the pool, smoke cigarettes, drink a few beers, anything besides this.  Playstation and these fan forums will make you brain dead.

If you feel, smell, and look funny, don't worry about it.  Most fourteen and fifteen year olds do.

You'll thank me later.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Since I am a kid doesn't that excuse me from some of my smack talk since I really don't know any better yet and my brain has yet to fully develop.  Since all those that are responding are adults what is your excuse.  Why would you spend so much time on a message board just picking on a kid and antagonizing him.  You would think you people would know better than that.    
          I think you would be smart enough to spend less time on a SDSU fan board and more time on your hopeless U dot Fan board.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
            [quote author=SDSUcks link=1182280463/45#54 date=1183127362]Since I am a kid doesn't that excuse me from some of my smack talk since I really don't know any better yet and my brain has yet to fully develop.  Since all those that are responding are adults what is your excuse.  Why would you spend so much time on a message board just picking on a kid and antagonizing him.  You would think you people would know better than that.    

12:30 p.m.- Eat some of Mom's delicious grilled cheese sandwiches.  Get an argument with Mom.  She wants you to mow the lawn. Your not about to do that, after all it's big sis's turn to mow.

1:00 p.m.-Some of your classmates call to invite you to the pool.  You turn them down.  The last time you were at the pool the 6th graders made fun of you for wearing your shirt the whole time.  You don't need that again.

5:00 p.m.- Big Sis comes home and calls you a "loser".  She takes over the remote.  You go back to the computer and check out SDSUFans.com.  You post an utterly stupid comment.

5:30 p.m.- Your Dad comes home. He's pissed, you didn't mow the lawn.  You apologize and wipe the tears from your face.  You're not allowed to play Playstation or get on the internet until the lawn's mowed.  This punishment is worse than death.

8:30 p.m.- You get invited by some classmates to go to a movie.  You turn them down.  You don't want be embarrased by your recent breakout of acne, and the fact that you haven't showered for days.

9:00 p.m.- Sit down to watch some TV, big Sis walks in and demands the remote.  You've got no choice on this one. You still have bruises from Wednesday when she whooped up on you.

10:00 p.m.  Big Sis's boyfriend calls, she'll be preoccupied for the next couple of hours.  Finally your turn to run the television.  

Wow.  What a summer.  Learn how to fish or go golfing.  Don't spend your teen years worried about USD.  Wait until your 30 or 35, with a wife and some kids, and there is nothing else besides this kind of crap to talk/worry about.  You are young for godsakes; play baseball, go to the pool, smoke cigarettes, drink a few beers, anything besides this.  Playstation and these fan forums will make you brain dead.

If you feel, smell, and look funny, don't worry about it.  Most fourteen and fifteen year olds do.

You'll thank me later.

[/quote]

Classic! ;D ;D ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Go State!

Comment

[quote author=Haldersham link=1182280463/45#50 date=1182984810]Yep its going to take more than Joe Glenn's appearence at a fund raiser in SF to make things works. Who is Joe Glenn? ;D. I really know but do the USD fans?
              I think he was the guy with the red jersey on back in the days that spent all day whipping up on Jackrabbit players all over the field.  [/quote]

Sorry. You're wrong. Joe Glenn was an astronaut. Him and Tom Hanks were on Apollo 13 together. He later went on to become U.S. Senator along with Eddie Murphy, during the Kevin Klein administration.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

[quote author=SDSUcks link=1182280463/45#54 date=1183127362]Since I am a kid doesn't that excuse me from some of my smack talk since I really don't know any better yet and my brain has yet to fully develop. Since all those that are responding are adults what is your excuse. Why would you spend so much time on a message board just picking on a kid and antagonizing him. You would think you people would know better than that.

9:35 a.m.-Check the SDSUfans Forum. Post something unintellegent.

12:30 p.m.- Eat some of Mom's delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. Get an argument with Mom. She wants you to mow the lawn. Your not about to do that, after all it's big sis's turn to mow.

1:00 p.m.-Some of your classmates call to invite you to the pool. You turn them down. The last time you were at the pool the 6th graders made fun of you for wearing your shirt the whole time. You don't need that again.

5:00 p.m.- Big Sis comes home and calls you a "loser". She takes over the remote. You go back to the computer and check out SDSUFans.com. You post an utterly stupid comment.

5:30 p.m.- Your Dad comes home. He's pissed, you didn't mow the lawn. You apologize and wipe the tears from your face. You're not allowed to play Playstation or get on the internet until the lawn's mowed. This punishment is worse than death.

6:00 p.m.- Mom's famous meatloaf is served for dinner. Delicious.

8:30 p.m.- You get invited by some classmates to go to a movie. You turn them down. You don't want be embarrased by your recent breakout of acne, and the fact that you haven't showered for days.

9:00 p.m.- Sit down to watch some TV, big Sis walks in and demands the remote. You've got no choice on this one. You still have bruises from Wednesday when she whooped up on you.

10:00 p.m. Big Sis's boyfriend calls, she'll be preoccupied for the next couple of hours. Finally your turn to run the television.

10:05 p.m. Playstation....you play for the next 4 or 5 hours.

2:30 a.m. Check out SDSUfans.com. Make a stupid post.

3:00 a.m Go to bed. Dream about USD winning a DI conference championship.

Wow. What a summer. Learn how to fish or go golfing. Don't spend your teen years worried about USD. Wait until your 30 or 35, with a wife and some kids, and there is nothing else besides this kind of crap to talk/worry about. You are young for godsakes; play baseball, go to the pool, smoke cigarettes, drink a few beers, anything besides this. Playstation and these fan forums will make you brain dead.

If you feel, smell, and look funny, don't worry about it. Most fourteen and fifteen year olds do.

You'll thank me later.

[/quote]

Sweet!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

[quote author=SDSUcks link=1182280463/45#54 date=1183127362]Since I am a kid doesn't that excuse me from some of my smack talk since I really don't know any better yet and my brain has yet to fully develop.  Since all those that are responding are adults what is your excuse.  Why would you spend so much time on a message board just picking on a kid and antagonizing him.  You would think you people would know better than that.    

You'll thank me later.

[/quote]

Takes one to know one doesn't it 2002Jack

Comment

Wow! What powerful smack! Oh my goodness!! We're REELING from that nugget of wit! You're just too good for us, UCKS, how can we ever hope to COMPETE with such intelligent zingers as "Takes one to know one!" I may never be the same again!

Little boy, come back when you grow some hair on your chest!!! You can find us... in the SUMMIT LEAGUE!!!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Funny how SDSU fans and NDSU fans are just clamoring about the Summit league. I really have nothing against the Summit league honestly because that is the likely destination of USD but really it isn't like it's the best thing since sliced bread. The Summit league probably has less overall interest than the former NCC did. The level of competition will be slightly above the NCC but have an interest level slightly below. If USD and UND get there the backbone of that league and 4 highest profile institutions aside from maybe Oral Roberts in hoops will likely be the 4 Dakota Schools. The Summit league is one of the weakest overall conferences in D1. I am not purposely downing the Summit league because like I said USD may end up going there but realistically there is nothing to jump up and down about other than getting into a conference.

Comment

USD would be the doormat of the Summit League. And you're being awful presumptuous about getting in right away. I don't think they're going to be taking any NCC rejects anytime soon.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Funny how SDSU fans and NDSU fans are just clamoring about the Summit league.  I really have nothing against the Summit league honestly because that is the likely destination of USD but really it isn't like it's the best thing since sliced bread.  The Summit league probably has less overall interest than the former NCC did.  The level of competition will be slightly above the NCC but have an interest level slightly below.   If USD and UND get there the backbone of that league and 4 highest profile institutions aside from maybe Oral Roberts in hoops will likely be the 4 Dakota Schools.  The Summit league is one of the weakest overall conferences in D1.  I am not purposely downing the Summit league because like I said USD may end up going there but realistically there is nothing to jump up and down about other than getting into a conference.  
                          I wasn't aware the Summit League was looking to expand anytime in the near future there Young Squatting Dog. At least from conversations with people who would know a lot more than you or me on this subject.

Comment

The Summit league probably has less overall interest than the former NCC did.  The level of competition will be slightly above the NCC but have an interest level slightly below.    
                            Ya know, it is funny, I was thinking the exact same thing last March when I was watching the NCC Tourney Championship game on ESPN  .  .  .  oh wait, that is right the only D-II game that is on National TV is the National Championship game so it must have been the Mid-Con (now Summit League) Championship I was watching.  Well then never mind .  .  . it would be just plan silly to try and assert that the NCC has a higher interest level then any D-I conference.  

Don't kid yourself, once you get a driver's license and can travel outside of the region you will see that the NCC, although well known in the Upper Mid-West, really has no recognition outside of that geographic area.  For that matter D-II as a whole hold very little interest for most sports fans.  Don't believe me?   Quick, without looking it up on the internet, who won the D-II Men's Basketball Championship last year and what can you tell me about their school?  (hint they played Winona State)

There are only 31 NCAA D-I conferences and each one's post season tournament champion (or regular season champion if they don't have a post season tourney) qualifies for the "Big Dance".  ESPN and their family of channels broadcast every one of those Championship games during "Championship Week".  There is far more interest in any D-I conference then there is for the best D-II conference or team.

You want one more example before we put this foolishness to bed?  Have you ever seen Sioux Falls lose it mind with excitement over hosting the NCC championships like it is doing over being awarded the Summit League Championships?  Me neither.  

Ucks you make me laugh.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go State!  

P.S.  I see from the timing of your latest  post - 5:15 PM - that your Big Sis got home right on time and took the remote from you again.    ;D

Comment

[quote author=SDSUcks link=1182280463/45#52 date=1183101698][quote author=Haldersham link=1182280463/45#50 date=1182984810]Yep its going to take more than Joe Glenn's appearence at a fund raiser in SF to make things works. Who is Joe Glenn? ;D. I really know but do the USD fans?
                              I think he was the guy with the red jersey on back in the days that spent all day whipping up on Jackrabbit players all over the field.  [/quote]

Sorry. You're wrong.  Joe Glenn was an astronaut.  Him and Tom Hanks were on Apollo 13 together.  He later went on to become U.S. Senator along with Eddie Murphy, during the Kevin Klein administration.[/quote]

Post of the year

Comment

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/sof...ELEASE_ID=3867

Hmmm..........the head softball coach at USD(d-1?) has left Verminville for a D-III school?

Comment

Working...
                                X