Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Would Winona St Finish in the Summit League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where Would Winona St Finish in the Summit Lea

Originally posted by trueblue
    Champs from a much weaker conference than the NCC of old.  Not only weaker teams, but a weaker schedule as well with no more Fri-Sat games.  UND and UNO are not near the teams they had been a short time ago when Glas and McKenna were there.  Are you sure your team is better now than it was then... or is it you're about the same and the rest are weaker?
    Why don't you go ask Sioux fans themselves how good their teams were when Glas was the coach. Most true UND fans couldn't wait for him to NOT be their coach. For years UND hasn't been very good in mens basketball and Glas was alot of the reason for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
      I guess I have to agree with Ucks on this one.....

If Winona State makes the transistion to DI I would support adding them to the Summit over USD.

Good one, I too have to agree it does appear that Winona State would make a better D-I school then USD!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
        I am using Winona to set an example of how far most Jacks fans are living under a rock.  Most Jacks fans are so blinded by their D1 status that they don't think clearly.  With the team USD has right now they are a middle of the pack Summit League team.  USD has mid major talent right now and it's still young and growing.  But it is realised talent that has already won together.  SDSU's talent is always unrealised talent.  NDSU was half the program that either USD and SDSU were so if they can make a few adjustments and have success than I am guessing USD can do so as well.  It's not those two schools faults that the SDSU program is so messed up right now.  

Last time SDSU was in D2 with a team that was actually pretty good they still lost to USD.  Since then SDSU has gotten worse and USD has gotten better.  Gosh I wonder who would have the upper hand on the court currently.  All you have to do is put two and two together but since so many of you don't think logically my argument is meaningless to you.  That is exactly why SDSU fans will be so amazed when they are getting their flicker tails handed to them by the Yotes.  SDSU's fans should call themselves extremely lucky over these past few years that they haven't had to play USD because it would have been real ugly for the yellow jerseys.  

You know, you shouldn't post at all. You should just let all of us think your an idiot, but no, you just have to post and remove all doubt, you idiot.

Comment

What about Southwest Minnesota State. That had a couple of real nice wins over a D1 school the last few years!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavs Rule
            What about Southwest Minnesota State. That had a couple of real nice wins over a D1 school the last few years!!
            Bringing up Southwest Minn only win over SDSU is getting kind of old. Whats new at UNO? Any new scandals to report? ;D ;D ;D > > >

Comment

Standings in the new NSIC if SDSU was a part of it.

Winona State 17-3
              Northern State 15-5
              Southwest Minnesota St 15-5
              Minnesota State Mankato 15-5
              St. Cloud State 13-7
              Minnesota Duluth 13-7
              SDSU 10-10
              Augustana 10-10
              Concordia St. Paul 9-11
              Wayne St 8-12
              Bemidji St 8-12
              Mary 7-13
              MSU Moorhead 5-15
              Upper Iowa 3-17
              Minnesota Crookston 2-18

Comment

Thanks for the laugh, Ucks. We're all fortunate because a year from know, we'll all know how wrong you are/were.

Comment

Winona State 17-3
                  Northern State 15-5
                  St. Cloud State 13-7
                  Minnesota Duluth 13-7
                  SDSU 10-10
                  Augustana 10-10
                  Concordia St. Paul 9-11
                  Wayne St 8-12
                  Bemidji St 8-12
                  Mary 7-13
                  MSU Moorhead 5-15
                  Upper Iowa 3-17
                  Minnesota Crookston 2-18

What?  Crookston 2-18?  Do they play the Yotes twice this year?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                    Thanks for the laugh, Ucks.  We're all fortunate because a year from know, we'll all know how wrong you are/were.
                    You better save those laughs for basketball night at Frost. There will be plenty of them for sure.

Comment

Actually, we'll save the laughs for a USD road trip... watching you suffer in D-1 transition will be hilarious!
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Winona State 17-3
                        Northern State 15-5
                        St. Cloud State 13-7
                        Minnesota Duluth 13-7
                        SDSU 10-10
                        Augustana 10-10
                        Concordia St. Paul 9-11
                        Wayne St 8-12
                        Bemidji St 8-12
                        Mary 7-13
                        MSU Moorhead 5-15
                        Upper Iowa 3-17
                        Minnesota Crookston 2-18

So Ucks, what you're implying by that is USD isn't good enough for the NSIC??? ;D ;D
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                          Actually, we'll save the laughs for a USD road trip... watching you suffer in D-1 transition will be hilarious!

I know it has been hilarious for me the watch you continue to struggle through your D1 Transistion

Comment

Winona State 17-3
                            Northern State 15-5
                            St. Cloud State 13-7
                            Minnesota Duluth 13-7
                            SDSU 10-10
                            Augustana 10-10
                            Concordia St. Paul 9-11
                            Wayne St 8-12
                            Bemidji St 8-12
                            Mary 7-13
                            MSU Moorhead 5-15
                            Upper Iowa 3-17
                            Minnesota Crookston 2-18
                            By your "reasoning", if the Memphis Grizzlies* were in the new NSIC, they would be in last place, with a 22-60 record. The Memphis Grizzlies play at what is known as a higher level of competition.
                            Or how about Cass Lake-Bena? At 28-1, they must be even better than Winona State, right? So what if it is Class A High School basketball? If you really think you can just plop in a record, ignoring the level of competition, you have no choice but to assign the Memphis Grizzlies last place, and Cass Lake-Bena first place.

*I'm not comparing SDSU to the Memphis Grizzlies, just pointing out how flawed your "reasoning" is.

Comment

[quote author=jackrabit1 link=1185431535/15#24 date=1186041101]Actually, we'll save the laughs for a USD road trip... watching you suffer in D-1 transition will be hilarious!

I know it has been hilarious for me the watch you continue to struggle through your D1 Transistion[/quote]

At least you're aware of us.  Enough said.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

[quote author=jackrabit1 link=1185431535/15#24 date=1186041101]Actually, we'll save the laughs for a USD road trip... watching you suffer in D-1 transition will be hilarious!

I know it has been hilarious for me the watch you continue to struggle through your D1 Transistion[/quote]

And I've been splitting my sides watching your former president and AD rob you blind!
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X