Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 USD Defense

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: 2019 USD Defense

    Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    The bigger problem to me that they have is recruiting. They're consistently losing recruiting battles to SDSU, NDSU, and UNI. Now they're going to be in a really tough spot with the way this team looks like it's going to finish the season. Even if they fire Nielsen now, I think they're going to be struggling for a while.
    That's definitely a concern. Did anyone read the SD player tracker that Hank put out for the Argus last week? The article tracks the participation and stats of all SD kids playing football at any college. Go look at the difference between SDSU and USD in South Dakota kids represented. And it's going to stay that way for a while. They can recruit good skill, but they can't recruit good bigs. And I think the type of kids they get down there are very "me first" in attitude. Watching them last year and this year, they're so undisciplined and individualistic, I think that's part of the problem. That's reflective of their coaching staff.

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: 2019 USD Defense

      Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      And that's not good for the conference.
      I'm not really sure how serious you are here but who cares about what USD "does for the conference". I want them to lose every time they step on the field. They are our main rival and main competition for in-state/regional recruits. Them losing benefits us when we are trying to land recruits.

      The MVFC is tough enough. You win 7 games in the MV and you are almost guaranteed to make the playoffs. Having a cupcake or two isn't that big of deal. This isn't the NCAA men's tourney where they look all that closely at strength of schedule when determining seeds.

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: 2019 USD Defense

        Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        The bigger problem to me that they have is recruiting. They're consistently losing recruiting battles to SDSU, NDSU, and UNI. Now they're going to be in a really tough spot with the way this team looks like it's going to finish the season. Even if they fire Nielsen now, I think they're going to be struggling for a while.
        One thing that has been alluded to on the coyote board is that USD is recruiting almost entirely on talent and isn't as concerned about character and academics. This holds true to what I've been told. The last couple of seasons the Yotes have had very talented recruiting classes BUT they are often players that we (along with the other programs) won't touch because of charachter concerns. The poster on the yote board said this is evident when you see them role over and quit or continue to make bone-headed personal foul penalties and I would again have to agree.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: 2019 USD Defense

          Interesting USD has 12 players on the roster from Florida and 6 from South Dakota. A different recruiting process for sure!

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: 2019 USD Defense

            Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            One thing that has been alluded to on the coyote board is that USD is recruiting almost entirely on talent and isn't as concerned about character and academics.
            This will come back to bite them. Ask Scott Nagy.

            One thing I'll never doubt about Stig. He runs a tight ship and I am appreciative of that.

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: 2019 USD Defense

              Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Kimball could advise on how to turn the Dome into a large retention facility suitable for handling some gross waste of some sort.

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: 2019 USD Defense

                Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                Even though USD is clearly going through some troubles, I'd pick them to bounce back against a terrible UNC team. However, is UNC really worse than HBU? And UNC does have a great QB. And USD hasn't exactly been road warriors this decade...
                I read that UNC's starting QB, Jacob Knipp, got injured in last week's game. So the Coyotes are likely to face UNC's backup. Other than sympathy for the challenged state of affairs in Greeley, Colorado, there won't be much room for the Coyotes to rationalize another loss. But USD probably should put in that call to Mr. Kimball's counterpart, just in case.
                Last edited by Jacked_Up; 09-17-2019, 01:33 PM.
                This space for lease.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: 2019 USD Defense

                  Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                  That's definitely a concern. Did anyone read the SD player tracker that Hank put out for the Argus last week? The article tracks the participation and stats of all SD kids playing football at any college. Go look at the difference between SDSU and USD in South Dakota kids represented. And it's going to stay that way for a while. They can recruit good skill, but they can't recruit good bigs. And I think the type of kids they get down there are very "me first" in attitude. Watching them last year and this year, they're so undisciplined and individualistic, I think that's part of the problem. That's reflective of their coaching staff.
                  The odd thing to me is that USD just seems to ignore most in state recruits. I thought it was interesting looking through the rosters that only 6 of SDSU's 28 players from SD even had an offer from USD.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: 2019 USD Defense

                    Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Interesting USD has 12 players on the roster from Florida and 6 from South Dakota. A different recruiting process for sure!
                    They really only have 6 from South Dakota? That seems impossible.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: 2019 USD Defense

                      Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                      The odd thing to me is that USD just seems to ignore most in state recruits. I thought it was interesting looking through the rosters that only 6 of SDSU's 28 players from SD even had an offer from USD.
                      I am wondering if they just know they cant compete so why waste their effort if they lose 90% of the recruits to us. Coaches probably have connections elsewhere.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                      Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: 2019 USD Defense

                        Originally posted by goon View Post
                        I am wondering if they just know they cant compete so why waste their effort if they lose 90% of the recruits to us. Coaches probably have connections elsewhere.
                        Then perhaps they should get rid of the, "We are South Dakota" thing. "We are Florida" might be a better fit for their team.
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: 2019 USD Defense

                          Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                          Then perhaps they should get rid of the, "We are South Dakota" thing. "We are Florida" might be a better fit for their team.
                          Stealing a line from Thumper... It should probably be #WeAreSouthAkota.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: 2019 USD Defense

                            "We Are: ..."
                            ...A waste of state resources
                            ...The worst tackling team in the nation
                            ...Getting worse
                            ...A Flagship without a cause
                            ...Fondly remembering the Joe Glenn era
                            ...Rapidly trying to raise 1.2 million dollars to buy out Bob
                            ...An underwhelming institution since 1862
                            ...Trying to move all important programs out of Vermillion
                            ...The best 0-3 team in the nation
                            ...Looking forward to 2020
                            ...Wondering what we're even doing here. Like, seriously, we've been playing D1 football for over a decade now, and we still can't pull it together. For Christ's sake, we are South Dakota's only liberal arts university! How is it possible that we can't field a team that can compete with an upstart FCS program that was on a 16 game FCS losing streak? I don't get it. We're good at marketing, I think. Between the 605 slogan, U., FearEd, and now this, we've really been hitting it out of the park. Thank god we've still got the Law School. That was close.

                            ...Probably going to lose to UNC.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: 2019 USD Defense

                              Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                              "We Are: ..."
                              ...A waste of state resources
                              ...The worst tackling team in the nation
                              ...Getting worse
                              ...A Flagship without a cause
                              ...Fondly remembering the Joe Glenn era
                              ...Rapidly trying to raise 1.2 million dollars to buy out Bob
                              ...An underwhelming institution since 1862
                              ...Trying to move all important programs out of Vermillion
                              ...The best 0-3 team in the nation
                              ...Looking forward to 2020
                              ...Wondering what we're even doing here. Like, seriously, we've been playing D1 football for over a decade now, and we still can't pull it together. For Christ's sake, we are South Dakota's only liberal arts university! How is it possible that we can't field a team that can compete with an upstart FCS program that was on a 16 game FCS losing streak? I don't get it. We're good at marketing, I think. Between the 605 slogan, U., FearEd, and now this, we've really been hitting it out of the park. Thank god we've still got the Law School. That was close.

                              ...Probably going to lose to UNC.
                              This is pure goodness! Thanks for the laughs while at the same time, the mantra "the truth hurts" certainly applies here!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: 2019 USD Defense

                                Seems to be a little Twitter war firing up in this very subject. https://twitter.com/jaredbaszler/sta...518535169?s=12

                                SMH! GBGBGJ!

                                SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X