Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ORU Baseball Is Too Good For The Summit League!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU baseball

It's not about having SDSU or other schools being able to compete! It's about how when you outgrow something it's time to move-one!
    Being the big fish can eventually get boring so you need to find something to test your limits; get out of the comfort-zone.
    I like having really great teams in the conference to bring in recognition, but at what point do they say, "We out-grew you; it's time for us to move-on."?
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Moved to smack, as I think it's a more appropriate forum for the topic at hand.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
        It's not about having SDSU or other schools being able to compete! It's about how when you outgrow something it's time to move-one!
        Being the big fish can eventually get boring so you need to find something to test your limits; get out of the comfort-zone.
        I like having really great teams in the conference to bring in recognition, but at what point do they say, "We out-grew you; it's time for us to move-on."?
        Its time to move on when ALL major sports are ready. Not just one sport.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

As Crash Davis taught every wet-behind-the-ears pup that came across his plate: They put their pants on one leg at a time, you play 'em one game at a time, you play hard and let the chips fall where they may, and on any given day, anybody can beat anybody, and, to quote Yogi, you never know. Figure the only way to answer one of the lamer threads of recent history is with the longest strong of cliches ever on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            As Crash Davis taught every wet-behind-the-ears pup that came across his plate: They put their pants on one leg at a time, you play 'em one game at a time, you play hard and let the chips fall where they may, and on any given day, anybody can beat anybody, and, to quote Yogi, you never know. Figure the only way to answer one of the lamer threads of recent history is with the longest strong of cliches ever on this board.
            Wonder how many cliches can keep this thread going.

I will continue with. They will just neeed to step up and bring their A game and just make plays so they can win.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Wonder how many cliches can keep this thread going.

I will continue with. They will just neeed to step up and bring their A game and just make plays so they can win.
              You forgot to mention that they need to make one more play than the other guys.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                You forgot to mention that they need to make one more play than the other guys.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                Keep the line moving.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

"It ain't over 'til it's over," which seems to apply to this thread, too....

Comment

If you are tempted to post on this thread and come to a ford in the road, take it!
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Que sera sera

Comment

Re: ORU Baseball Is Too Good For The Summit League!

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                        I honestly think ORU should join a different conference, but just for baseball; the rest of the sports can stay in the Summit League. Their program is good enough to play in a much bigger conference, such as the Big 12, and it put the rest of the conference on a more even playing field. Also, being in a bigger conference would bring in better prospects for them.
                        I guess you don't like the Summit's men's basketball autobid then?

Without ORU, the Summit doesn't have enough baseball teams to qualify for a baseball autobid.
                        Without the baseball autobid, the Summit doesn't have enough men's team sports to qualify for a MBB autobid.
                        Without a MBB autobid, the Summit is dead as a doornail.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                          I guess you don't like the Summit's men's basketball autobid then?

Without ORU, the Summit doesn't have enough baseball teams to qualify for a baseball autobid.
                          Without the baseball autobid, the Summit doesn't have enough men's team sports to qualify for a MBB autobid.
                          Without a MBB autobid, the Summit is dead as a doornail.

Blame USD for this. How's it DWU and Dakota Wesleyan and Augue have baseball teams, and they don't?

Comment

Maybe we really do need UMKC back.
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                              Maybe we really do need UMKC back.
                              Won't help, they don't have it. They tried several years ago to get it going but not there as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                Won't help, they don't have it. They tried several years ago to get it going but not there as yet.
                                The Royals having re-ignited baseball fever in KC, if UMKC was going to start/re-start a baseball program, now would be a pretty good time to do it.

Of course, on the other hand . . . Title IX . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X