Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU ad campaign

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    I was curious about this part. NDSU has two people from Sioux Falls on their roster, Dan Marlette and Austin Kuhnert. Marlette played in all 15 games but only had 8 tackles and looks like Kuhnert was a starter. SDSU has 3 --Taryn Christion, Chase Vinatieri and Sam Koob--4 if you count Alex Wilde who went to Brandon Valley but his hometown is listed as Sioux Falls.

In 2014, NDSU had 6 people from Sioux Falls. In addition to the two above, two graduated, Trevor Gebhart and Mike Hardie, and looks like two are no longer on the team Shea DeJong, who transferred from Moorhead, and Andrew Smith. SDSU had 4 in 2014. In addition to Koob, Justin Syrovatka and Erin Tuschen graduated and Austin Benson is no longer listed on the roster.

What does this all mean? I have no idea, just found it interesting
    Don't take it as me saying NDSU owns SF...that is not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying SF is not SDSU's home and they don't necessarily have the advantage (in recruiting) some think they do. This plays into my point that some SDSU fans seem to think SF is their home and NDSU bringing the trophies as an insult to them. I'm contesting SF is not SDSU's territory.

Do I think SDSU could/would be made fun of no matter the outcome? Yes. Do I enjoy that? Yes. Do I think this is Rocket Surgeon Serious Business? No. I like light-hearted, silly stuff. This fits in that category. This is grief you can give a good friend over a beer or two. The Jack fans I know I consider good friends. So, this makes this thread/topic my favorite right now...

Comment

Originally posted by Coyotes View Post
      They honestly believe they have been more successful than NDSU the past 10 years because they win the commissioners cup.
      1. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        Don't take it as me saying NDSU owns SF...that is not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying SF is not SDSU's home and they don't necessarily have the advantage (in recruiting) some think they do. This plays into my point that some SDSU fans seem to think SF is their home and NDSU bringing the trophies as an insult to them. I'm contesting SF is not SDSU's territory.

Do I think SDSU could/would be made fun of no matter the outcome? Yes. Do I enjoy that? Yes. Do I think this is Rocket Surgeon Serious Business? No. I like light-hearted, silly stuff. This fits in that category. This is grief you can give a good friend over a beer or two. The Jack fans I know I consider good friends. So, this makes this thread/topic my favorite right now...
        Wasn't saying that you thought NDSU owns SF, it was more just my curiosity on the subject so I decided to look it up. I actually thought there was more kids from Sioux Falls that went to NDSU than there was. I also thought, with how good the SF schools are at football in SD, there was more at SDSU as well.

Comment

TransAmBison there are a few things that will never change about state fans.

No matter what their success level is its always better than every other team in the nation. They honestly believe they have been more successful than NDSU the past 10 years because they win the commissioners cup.

They only look at the past couple years compared to the entire history of the college. making the playoffs the last 4 years in football makes them a powerhouse and forces you to ignore the fact they only made the playoffs like 6 times in the previous 80 years. To them right now they are Duke and Alabama.
          Fun fact champ, USD has won 10 conference titles in their history, while SDSU has won 15. SDSU has made the playoffs six times in their history, with a record of 3-6. USD has made the playoffs 4 times, with a record of 4-4, and an appearance in the 86 title game. Yotes fans love to act as though once they catch up to State, they'll resume their status as the football power in the state.

Is that the same football power that makes the playoff once every 11 years on average (1973, 85,86, 2006)? The same football power that hasn't beat State since 2000? The same football power that beat State exactly 4 times since 1990?

Congrats on the 86 title game though. That should still have another 20+ years worth of bragging left on it. Maybe you'll make the playoffs somewhere in those next 20 years.

**Records go back to 1973 (when DII began) from the ncaa site. If there were playoff appearances in the college division for either school, they were not included.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            Wasn't saying that you thought NDSU owns SF, it was more just my curiosity on the subject so I decided to look it up. I actually thought there was more kids from Sioux Falls that went to NDSU than there was. I also thought, with how good the SF schools are at football in SD, there was more at SDSU as well.
            Historically there has always been 3-4 kids on both ND schools from SD. On UND's National Championshp team the QB was from SD, who I am sure would have fit in nice at SDSU or USD.

Comment

No matter what their success level is its always better than every other team in the nation. They honestly believe they have been more successful than NDSU the past 10 years because they win the commissioners cup.

They only look at the past couple years compared to the entire history of the college. making the playoffs the last 4 years in football makes them a powerhouse and forces you to ignore the fact they only made the playoffs like 6 times in the previous 80 years. To them right now they are Duke and Alabama.
              I know one thing: I'm glad I'm a SDSU fan and not a USD fan right now. Carry on with arguments that might rile up SDSU fans in the local nursing home.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

You sound like the little brother of a more successful brother that you are completely jealous of. No wonder people always refer to USD as just that. Your attitude exudes the epitome of a little brother.

Comment

Of course USD fans want to see NDSU's championship trophies... at the rate they're going, that's the closest they'll ever get to one of their own!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Thank you for recognizing SDSU's greatness. Autographs probably will be widely available this weekend!
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                      Fun fact champ, USD has won 10 conference titles in their history, while SDSU has won 15. SDSU has made the playoffs six times in their history, with a record of 3-6. USD has made the playoffs 4 times, with a record of 4-4, and an appearance in the 86 title game. Yotes fans love to act as though once they catch up to State, they'll resume their status as the football power in the state.

Is that the same football power that makes the playoff once every 11 years on average (1973, 85,86, 2006)? The same football power that hasn't beat State since 2000? The same football power that beat State exactly 4 times since 1990?

Congrats on the 86 title game though. That should still have another 20+ years worth of bragging left on it. Maybe you'll make the playoffs somewhere in those next 20 years.

**Records go back to 1973 (when DII began) from the ncaa site. If there were playoff appearances in the college division for either school, they were not included.
                      Man, I hate when facts get in the way of a good argument.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Watching SDSU and USD fans argue over NDSU football the week before the summit basketball tournament were both schools have a lot to look foward too. Seems like an exercise in futility.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                          Man, I hate when facts get in the way of a good argument.
                          What USD fan claims they are a power in football? Typical SDSU fan response. make things up. Difference is USD fans know they are not a perennial power in football. SDSU fans do not. you think because you've made the playoffs the last 4 years that erases 80 years of not being very good at all and turns you into a power on the same scale as NDSU. Your fan base boycotting retail stores over something so irrelevant makes you look stupid and irrational. Stu's article where a former SDSU player states how would NDSU like it if SDSU displayed their summit titles in Fargo. How do you compare a couple conference titles to 5 straight national titles.

Difference is USD does not try to act like we are a D1 powerhouse like the agricultural college does. You are not NDSU and not even close. quit trying to act like you are.

Comment

I've been on the internet for a while and know what good and bad trolling is.

Try harder boy.

Comment

What USD fan claims they are a power in football? Typical SDSU fan response. make things up. Difference is USD fans know they are not a perennial power in football. SDSU fans do not. you think because you've made the playoffs the last 4 years that erases 80 years of not being very good at all and turns you into a power on the same scale as NDSU. Your fan base boycotting retail stores over something so irrelevant makes you look stupid and irrational. Stu's article where a former SDSU player states how would NDSU like it if SDSU displayed their summit titles in Fargo. How do you compare a couple conference titles to 5 straight national titles.

Difference is USD does not try to act like we are a D1 powerhouse like the agricultural college does. You are not NDSU and not even close. quit trying to act like you are.
                              Fan base? I'm part of the fan base and had not heard about the topic until someone mentioned the opinion piece done by Stu Whitney. So I read it. I'll still go to Scheels, the likelihood of me spending money at Scheels (high) remains unchanged. What is it with a few USD fans who try to take comments by a few SDSU fans and apply them to all SDSU fans? I'm confident rank and file USD fans would not want to be painted with the rantings of the poster who made the above statement.
                              Last edited by JackJD; 03-04-2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Ask TAB what would have happend if Urzendowski had dropped that ball in the endzone in 2014.

Like Donald trump claiming he's a great business man doesn't make him one. You claiming that we aren't that close to the top of the football chain in FCS isn't going to make that any more true/false.

Sports (especially in college) is a what have you done lately game (every year almost a team is completely different), I'd be willing to bet the Lady Coyotes do not care what happened in the summit league championships last year as it has no effect on this years games.

Do I think I'm superior to you, Not really. Perhaps you have a law degree, on second thought you'd be pennyless with weak arguments like you've made here.

I hope you enjoy the games as I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X