NDSU ad campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU ad campaign

I am sure that if UND took the Nickle Trophy to Fargo to display so all of the UND alumni could see it that it would be well received.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
      I am sure that if UND took the Nickle Trophy to Fargo to display so all of the UND alumni could see it that it would be well received.
      UND has booster luncheons in Fargo frequently. I would think they have brought the Nickel in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
        UND has booster luncheons in Fargo frequently. I would think they have brought the Nickel in the past.
        This was at a high profile public retail outlet...a little different than a booster lunch.

If NDSU was bringing the trophies to their organized pre-game booster party at the Sheraton prior to their men's tip off, I'm sure it wouldn't have been an issue. All 25 bison fans at the summit league tourney would have enjoyed seeing them.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
          Or maybe it's the fact that we don't get super butthurt when NDSU includes Sioux Falls in their regional tour
          You mean like the time USD payed to host NDSU's regional tour @ Howard Wood?

I don't think I'll Fea anything from Vermillion.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

I don't think I'll Fea anything from Vermillion.

slosho, you may have discovered something about the USD motto, Fear Ed. Fea in Spanish is "ugly". So maybe its Ugly Red?

Comment

Just a bunch of morons here.

Comment

Originally posted by Yotes View Post
                Welcome to sports board smack threads.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  I guess, given Stu's article * , that USD fans aren't that into defending their home state from outside universities. "South Dakota's Team" indeed.

* Of course, this assumes that the reader can, or should, take anything Whitney writes at all seriously. This is a tenuous assumption.
                  Most surprising thing for me was that USD wasn't even really mentioned. Almost like they were an afterthought. No smack just an observation while reading it.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Yotes View Post
                    And the USD message board is filled with the most intellectual sports "fans" in all of the Dakotas.

You guys must be proud that you have 1 sport out of the big 3 (fball, mbb, wbb) that is has been somewhat relevant in the last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      And the USD message board is filled with the most intellectual sports "fans" in all of the Dakotas.

You guys must be proud that you have 1 sport out of the big 3 (fball, mbb, wbb) that is has been somewhat relevant in the last couple of years.
                      Nah, guys like you and lakesbison just make us look really, really smart.

food for thought , we beat the bison this year 4-1 in FB,MBB,WBB, so why the hell would we care if they bring their trophies. If ianything, the SD teams should use that as motivation. But yeah I get it, how dare they show up to the Jackwabbit invite this weekend with their shiny trophies. The fact that its gotten to the point where it got this much attention in the media will just make bison fans LOL even more.

Pumped to mingle with your humble fan base all week.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfingYote View Post
                        Nah, guys like you and lakesbison just make us look really, really smart.

food for thought , we beat the bison this year 4-1 in FB,MBB,WBB, so why the hell would we care if they bring their trophies. If ianything, the SD teams should use that as motivation. But yeah I get it, how dare they show up to the Jackwabbit invite this weekend with their shiny trophies. The fact that its gotten to the point where it got this much attention in the media will just make bison fans LOL even more.

Pumped to mingle with your humble fan base all week.
                        Beating NDSU is being relevant? I'd recommend looking at the body of work. Outside of your women's BB team......yikes.......

food for thought ,

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          And the USD message board is filled with the most intellectual sports "fans" in all of the Dakotas. ....
                          I hadn't visited the Yotes boards in a long time but after reading the above, decided to take a look. Two conclusions quickly reached:

1. SanDakotaState: you like to stir up a little trouble when visiting the branch campus.
                          2. Like all message boards (yes, this one included), there are some real dumb, unsupportable statements made on the Yotes board (which we're all at risk to do once in a while...I have personally exercised my right to post some stupid stuff) and one has to resist the temptation to judge "all the fans of school X" by the postings of just a few fans of that particular school.*

* Well, there is the NDSU exception: It is fair to judge all NDSU fans by the postings of any one of its fans.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                            So think of it this way. YOu said take the Nickel Trophy to Fargo.

1. NDSU wasn't taking the 5 trophies to Brookings.
                            B. I don't think NDSU fans would really care if UND took the Nickel to a neighboring town like Hillsboro or Mayville.
                            III. Sioux Falls is not the home of SDSU...you might think you own it...but I'm not so certain. If we go in there recruiting against you...I wouldn't say the scales are weighted against us.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post

B. I don't think NDSU fans would really care if UND took the Nickel to a neighboring town like Hillsboro or Mayville.
                              III. Sioux Falls is not the home of SDSU...you might think you own it...but I'm not so certain. If we go in there recruiting against you...I wouldn't say the scales are weighted against us.
                              TransAmBison there are a few things that will never change about state fans.

No matter what their success level is its always better than every other team in the nation. They honestly believe they have been more successful than NDSU the past 10 years because they win the commissioners cup.

They only look at the past couple years compared to the entire history of the college. making the playoffs the last 4 years in football makes them a powerhouse and forces you to ignore the fact they only made the playoffs like 6 times in the previous 80 years. To them right now they are Duke and Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post

I was curious about this part. NDSU has two people from Sioux Falls on their roster, Dan Marlette and Austin Kuhnert. Marlette played in all 15 games but only had 8 tackles and looks like Kuhnert was a starter. SDSU has 3 --Taryn Christion, Chase Vinatieri and Sam Koob--4 if you count Alex Wilde who went to Brandon Valley but his hometown is listed as Sioux Falls.

In 2014, NDSU had 6 people from Sioux Falls. In addition to the two above, two graduated, Trevor Gebhart and Mike Hardie, and looks like two are no longer on the team Shea DeJong, who transferred from Moorhead, and Andrew Smith. SDSU had 4 in 2014. In addition to Koob, Justin Syrovatka and Erin Tuschen graduated and Austin Benson is no longer listed on the roster.

What does this all mean? I have no idea, just found it interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X