Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another UND controversy

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    Either or is probably offensive to someone. I'm surprised HSUS hasn't spoken out about our nickname yet.
    It would require resources needing to be redirected from payroll for the officers at HSUS. You should be safe.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

UND's hockey coach Dave Hakstol is leaving UND to become head coach of the NHL Flyers. I know very little about hockey but I think 1) that's a loss for UND - Hakstol always had pretty good teams; and 2) probably a decent hire for the Flyers.

Comment

Here is the nickname list after the latest round of cuts...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/site...ull%20list.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          Here is the nickname list after the latest round of cuts...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/site...ull%20list.pdf
          Pfft. They let "Bison Slayers" through? A bit preoccupied are they? ROFL.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Pfft. They let "Bison Slayers" through? A bit preoccupied are they? ROFL.
            In a sense it is clever when you consider before the White man came on the scene who was slaying the buffalo, but taking no more than they needed? Why of course the fighting Sioux. Take that one PC POLICE.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 05-20-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

wouldn't pride be offensive to the g.. excuse me non-heterosexual community?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                wouldn't pride be offensive to the g.. excuse me non-heterosexual community?
                Really? Really? You typed that out, looked it back over, and still decided to post?
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Really? Really? You typed that out, looked it back over, and still decided to post?
                  Thought same thing. Can't rep you.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The Nickname list shrinks down to these final 15 names.....Blaze, Cavalry, Explorers, Fighting Green, Fighting Hawks, Force, Green Hawks, Nodaks, North Dakota, North Stars, Pride, Roughriders, Spirit, Sundogs and Thunderhawks

Comment

Roughriders, Spirit, or Thunderhawks are alright.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The Nickname list shrinks down to these final 15 names.....Blaze, Cavalry, Explorers, Fighting Green, Fighting Hawks, Force, Green Hawks, Nodaks, North Dakota, North Stars, Pride, Roughriders, Spirit, Sundogs and Thunderhawks
                        University of North Dakota North Dakota?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          University of North Dakota North Dakota?
                          As big of mess that UND has made of this whole fiasco, there's no doubt in my mind that they would be dumb enough to vote for no nickname.

Comment

I'm guessing that "Roughriders" might elicit some giggles from opponent fans.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                              I'm guessing that "Roughriders" might elicit some giggles from opponent fans.
                              Yeah I suspect the Sioux Falls Roosevelt fans will be giggling.

Comment

I really hope that don't don't call themselves the "Pride". I wonder what the SDSU PA announcer would say when the SDSU band takes the field.

Nodaks ?????

Comment

Working...
                                X