Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 Ugliest Uniforms in NCAA Tournament (NDSU #3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Ugliest Uniforms in NCAA Tournament (NDSU #3)

Not any kind of a surprise to a Jackrabbit fan that the NDSU Bison have one of the ugliest uniforms in the NCAA Tournament but to see them be singled out by another source is fantastic.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...9RgXr#image=14

Great effort Bison! You are number three! With a couple modifications I think you could be the BEST (or worst) in the country. I think if you incorporated that ridiculous picture of a Bison that is on the side of yyour football helmet it would take you right over the top!

You can do this Bison!

SUEPRBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: 15 Ugliest Uniforms in NCAA Tournament (NDSU #3)

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Not any kind of a surprise to a Jackrabbit fan that the NDSU Bison have one of the ugliest uniforms in the NCAA Tournament but to see them be singled out by another source is fantastic.

Great effort Bison! You are number three! With a couple modifications I think you could be the BEST (or worst) in the country. I think if you incorporated that ridiculous picture of a Bison that is on the side of yyour football helmet it would take you right over the top!

You can do this Bison!

SUEPRBUNNY
    I wonder if a foul was called on that play?
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

If if remember correctly SDSU used Bugs Bunny as a mascot?

And who is "STATE"??? Looks like a fictional school off of a bad 90's movie

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post

Yep, loved that mascot. The new one is much better though. I agree with you on the "STATE" thing. Also, agreed on bisonville.

Our unis should have SDSU, South Dakota above the numbers with State below, or better yet would be to say Jacks above the numbers,

That said, the uniforms are fantastic looking!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post

Michigan State, uses "State" on their jerseys too, I guess certain schools are able to get away with it, and some, (NDSU) just can't.

Comment

You can do this Bison!

SUEPRBUNNY
            Oh my. A great waste of internet by MSN.

The reason NDSU's uniforms suck? Because there are no green and gold bison. Seriously.

Comment

They dinged Wyoming foe a "tremendously boring style of play." They obviously haven't seen the Bison play yet.

I still say that the DU-NDSU SL tournament game was a crime against basketball.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                Michigan State, uses "State" on their jerseys too, I guess certain schools are able to get away with it, and some, (NDSU) just can't.
                Serious comment: boxerboy's observation is accurate. Many schools with "State" in their name are not referred to as State among their fans or in their home state. Michigan State is...the font used for "State" as in Michigan State is unique.** How often does one hear of NDSU referred to as "State"? When I'm in North Dakota, I hear references to either NDSU or North Dakota State but I do not think I have ever heard NDSU referred to as "State". Maybe I just haven't been around the right people. (When I'm around UND fans, NDSU is referred to in all sorts of colorful terms, many of which should not appear in print.)

SDSU is most often referred to as "State" and I think that reference is more common than references to SDSU.

In Iowa, the common reference is Iowa State, not State. In Ohio, its Ohio State (or, the one I get a kick out of, THE Ohio State University) and not State.

We are STATE. And if NDSU fans don't like that, tough. No one from State posted the picture on the internet and called NDSU's uniforms ugly...someone else did that. Personally, I don't think they're ugly and it would never have occurred to me to include NDSU had I been asked to assemble a list of ugly uniforms.

I've heard Oregonians refer to Oregon State as "State" out in those parts but it seems Beavers (and Ducks) are discussed more frequently.

We're training some of the outlying districts that we are known as STATE. In Colorado, CSU is CSU, not State. Fort Collins knows we are STATE. Hey, Nashville and Corvallis....

**some would say we got very close to the Michigan State font with this ball cap available in the bookstore:
                Last edited by JackJD; 03-20-2015, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  I still say that the DU-NDSU SL tournament game was a crime against basketball.
                  And made the case for the 30 (or maybe 20 ) second shot clock. I think NDSU will get embarrassed (and, yeah, I know: they beat us...just shows that this year's edition of the Jackrabbits is capable of playing excellent, physical, fast basketball but occasionally throws in a rotten egg).

Comment

I just hope the Bizon don't embarrass the Summit league by running that dribble weave offense. At least speed it up by throwing some four corners in there.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      I just hope the Bizon don't embarrass the Summit league by running that dribble weave offense. At least speed it up by throwing some four corners in there.
                      I hope they don't have the student assistant block the national TV camera from filming during huddles. Sheesh.

Comment

It worked for the 1958 Huron Tigers class A champs. They were loaded with talent. John Erhart, USD, Rex Swett (Nebraska) Denny Busch and Nick Brod, SDSU. What makes it work is the defense has to come out and set traps meanwhile LA pops the ball in the hoop.

Comment

Classic! Points given!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            I hope they don't have the student assistant block the national TV camera from filming during huddles. Sheesh.
                            I disagree. That there was comedy genius.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yep, loved that mascot. The new one is much better though. I agree with you on the "STATE" thing. Also, agreed on bisonville.

Our unis should have SDSU, South Dakota above the numbers with State below, or better yet would be to say Jacks above the numbers,

That said, the uniforms are fantastic looking!

SUPERBUNNY

I like State's uni's and the interlocked 'SD', but that new rabbit logo is horrid. I seriously can't be the only one who thinks that thing needs to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X