Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pellini Poetry

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Why would a program keep a coach that doesn't win? If Riley doesn't win as much as Bo did, of course he won't be there long. This is obvious.

It is insane to thing Bo Pelini is the only guy that could muster 9 wins in Lincoln, Nebraska. Lincoln isn't Miami, Tallahassee, Austin, etc, but it isn't Laramie either.
    I thought the win/loss record was only part of program pride?

If Riley wins the same number of games as Bo did, and proves as likable as his history suggests, he will have a long career at Nebraska.
    Tell that to Frank Solich.

Look, I'm not completely defending Bo's actions. All I'm saying is that Eichorst is partly responsible for this mess as well. Instead of terminating Bo when he should have, he extended his contract. So he and Bo didn't talk at all this season....the door swings both ways. Eichorst doesn't even know the student athletes he is giving scholarships to.

How would you feel if Justin Sell had a non-existent relationship with our athletes? How would you feel if Sell fired Stig and then brought security with him to meet with the players?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

Look, I'm not completely defending Bo's actions. All I'm saying is that Eichorst is partly responsible for this mess as well. Instead of terminating Bo when he should have, he extended his contract. So he and Bo didn't talk at all this season....the door swings both ways. Eichorst doesn't even know the student athletes he is giving scholarships to.

How would you feel if Justin Sell had a non-existent relationship with our athletes? How would you feel if Sell fired Stig and then brought security with him to meet with the players?
      I laughed out loud when I thought about the bolded, but I was thinking more along the lines of having security around when Sell fired Stig. Ha! Wow. That is quite an image.

I wonder if Eichorst had security waiting in the next room in case Bo went crazy when he fired him.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

So,you're kind of defending Bo by saying Eichorst should have fired him sooner? Makes sense. He was extended one year.It's not uncommon to have a head coach under contract for 5 years for recruiting purposes. Also,who said they never talked or Eichorst didn't know the student-athletes?

BTW,i agree that he should have been fired sooner,not sure how that makes anybody but Bo an asshat,tho.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          So,you're kind of defending Bo by saying Eichorst should have fired him sooner? Makes sense. He was extended one year.It's not uncommon to have a head coach under contract for 5 years for recruiting purposes. Also,who said they never talked or Eichorst didn't know the student-athletes?

BTW,i agree that he should have been fired sooner,not sure how that makes anybody but Bo an asshat,tho.
          Bo did. Didn't you listen to the secret recording? /Sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Ole TK is a Boliever

Comment

Bo was Bo last year as well. Yes, Eichorst should have fired him then. That's one reason I say he is partly responsible for the mess.

I'll use the Twitter defense to answer your other questions:

Ndamukong Suh " The leadership issues at the University of Nebraska extend above the Head Football Coach's office."

#59, JR OL Matthew Finnin "At the end of the day Bo was the only one who gave a **** about us. You think Eichorst or Pearlman gave a ****? All they care about is $$$"

#59, JR OL Matthew Finnin "I can guarantee not one of us has ever even had a conversation with either of them."

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Yes and no. See post above.

Comment

Ole TK is a Boliever
                  You're right, I think he'll do great at YSU. His players loved him at Nebraska and I'd send my kids to play for him any day. As much as most of you hate to admit it, Bo took great care of his kids and tried his best to make sure they were prepared for life beyond college.....much like one other head coach I know.

Bo knows. LOL.

Comment

You're right, I think he'll do great at YSU. His players loved him at Nebraska and I'd send my kids to play for him any day. As much as most of you hate to admit it, Bo took great care of his kids and tried his best to make sure they were prepared for life beyond college.....much like one other head coach I know.

Bo knows. LOL.
                    This is probably what the difference in opinion boils down to. I wouldn't want my kid to play for him, you would. And that's ok.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Bo was Bo last year as well. Yes, Eichorst should have fired him then. That's one reason I say he is partly responsible for the mess.

I'll use the Twitter defense to answer your other questions:

Ndamukong Suh " The leadership issues at the University of Nebraska extend above the Head Football Coach's office."

#59, JR OL Matthew Finnin "At the end of the day Bo was the only one who gave a **** about us. You think Eichorst or Pearlman gave a ****? All they care about is $$$"

#59, JR OL Matthew Finnin "I can guarantee not one of us has ever even had a conversation with either of them."
                      LOL, now that we've heard what Ndamukong Suh has to say on the matter, perhaps we could get a comment from Matt Shaub's groin.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

This is probably what the difference in opinion boils down to. I wouldn't want my kid to play for him, you would. And that's ok.
                        Agreed. Nothing wrong with a having a respectful difference of opinion. We'll put this one to rest.......I enjoyed the debate.

BTW........"and that's.......OK (in my best Stuart Smalley voice)".

Comment

Bo knows. LOL.
                          That's the sad part. If Bo really cared about preparing these kids for life after football,this meeting represented a wonderful teaching moment. Nope,he decided to teach them about taking zero responsibility and in turn,blaming other people.

Comment

LOL, now that we've heard what Ndamukong Suh has to say on the matter, perhaps we could get a comment from Matt Shaub's groin.
                            Must spread rep. Made me laugh.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

As only a casual observer of the Nebraska program over the past few years, what exactly has Bo done that make people think he is a good head coach? As a guy with a defensive background, it seems his defenses have repeatedly laid an egg in big games, and played down to the competition in others. Some of those losses have been horrendous. Their offense over the last few years has lacked any type of identity. A school with a history like Nebraska should have a program identity (recruiting to fit that identity), and not in a constant state of change.

I also have a hard time believing that the Bo Schtick plays well in the living rooms of parents of potential recruits, and based on that don't see big changes in the YSU program. They will get some outstanding players and occasionally have some good teams - pull off some upsets, etc. As for them becoming a consistent MFVC power? I don't see it.

Comment

is there ANY precedent of a major conference coach immediatly going to FCS and having success?

Comment

Working...
                                X