Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fine Bison Whine

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I don't think either of the broadcast team are bias and they both indicated it should not have been overturned.
    No idea who they were. If they were ESPN guys I'd be inclined to believe they favor east coast programs but then I'm biased towards the Midwest. I didn't pay close attention after I saw the replay on the big screen. Did they say if the official had other camera views? To me the one I saw was conclusive but it seems clear that wasn't the case for others. I'm not going to bother to go look at it again and certainly respect NoVaJack and your opinions. I didn't look at it closely.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Personally, I think the ESPN production crew used the wrong angle when replaying the play. They kept showing the camera that was placed high in the end zone on the opposite sideline. There was a second camera that was in the first row of seats that looked right down the sideline. It had the perfect angle. But the ESPN crew used the first camera a bunch of times and showed the second camera angle only once. I think the replay official used the second angle to make the call. In that angle you can (barely) see that receiver's heel was on the line. The (barely) is there because the receiver's shoe/sock is almost the same color as the sideline. It makes it difficult to see where exactly his heel is, but not impossible. If you have ESPN3, go to 1:48 in the broadcast for the second camera angle.

All that said, I'm still very surprised they overturned the call.

Comment

I don't think either of the broadcast team are bias and they both indicated it should not have been overturned.
        My wife from the other room asked if these announcers were pro Coastal several times. Until the last few minutes of the game, it seemed there was a bias for the Coastal team. Late in the game, it was the story of the Bison machine. However, I would also indicate I am pro MVFC as well. There was not a team that did not score 30+ points among the FCS this week. The defense has not been a highlight among the teams. It would be most entertaining to have 2 MVFC teams play the game in Frisco.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

ALL the angles I saw were not conclusive enough to reverse the call on the field, which is what this reversal is supposed to be based on, right? The fact that people here who saw the same thing disagree is proof of inconclusiveness, isn't it? First and 10 at about the Bison 30 would have changed the game at that moment. Very next play they missed an obvious PI call, too.

Comment

Did you listen to them? they were crooning on and on about carolina until the end of the game, it was nauseating really. I guess that doesn't really make them bias, so I'll retract a bit. Man Most Announcers are annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              Did you listen to them? they were crooning on and on about carolina until the end of the game, it was nauseating really. I guess that doesn't really make them bias, so I'll retract a bit. Man Most Announcers are annoying.
              Well that what they are paid to do, be annoying. Whether annoyed or not they want you stay tuned.

I was away from the radio when the play happened, so don't have anything to comment. I still feel there is some rigging going on up in North Dakota. They got that big slush fund from energy taxes that puts them in the position to rig events such as this. Seriously, not everyone in ND is a Bison fan, and those in power are usually UND grads, and that's our check and balance.

Comment

I must come on here and apologize. I have rewatched the game and I totally see why the reversal was questioned. The replays on tv made it look very close...and if those were the only two replays available to the officials it is surprising they reversed the call. I don't know what I thought I saw yesterday because it looked like he was way out when he landed when I watched it on the big screens. Maybe it was because the screens are so low quality. So, I apologize...I was wrong and I wanted to come here and admit it...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  I must come on here and apologize. I have rewatched the game and I totally see why the reversal was questioned. The replays on tv made it look very close...and if those were the only two replays available to the officials it is surprising they reversed the call. I don't know what I thought I saw yesterday because it looked like he was way out when he landed when I watched it on the big screens. Maybe it was because the screens are so low quality. So, I apologize...I was wrong and I wanted to come here and admit it...
                  Hey even big bird can be wrong. Keep coming back. To be honest NDSU pulled out another, and your guys all acted like they have been there before. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                    NDSU needs to find a new vendor for the big screens, obviously!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      They were making up for Pat Hill's Bizun lovefest from the previous week.

Comment

Working...
                      X