MVFC v. the world,and the final supplanting of the Big Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MVFC v. the world,and the final supplanting of the Big Sky

Well the committee didn't have SDSU as top 8 so your Sagarin ranking is moot. Odds are a MVFC team will not win the title if NDSU loses. I could be wrong but I would take the field if NDSU loses Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
      Well the committee didn't have SDSU as top 8 so your Sagarin ranking is moot. Odds are a MVFC team will not win the title if NDSU loses. I could be wrong but I would take the field if NDSU loses Saturday
      Only the Bison are capable, of all the teams from the MVFC currently participating in the playoffs, of winning a NC. Let us all be forewarned of the inevitable doom facing us. You better get by the Jackrabbits before you so arrogantly lay claim to another NC. And, I'd say, upon winning, " move over committee, there's a new #2/3 in town, depending on who you believe".
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-01-2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Only the Bison are capable, of all the teams from the MVFC currently participating in the playoffs, of winning a NC. Let us all be forewarned of the inevitable doom facing us. You better get by the Jackrabbits before you so arrogantly lay claim to another NC.
        If I was a betting man, which im not because gambling is illegal, I would put money on the Bison. If they lost, I would put money on the field over either Il St or UNI and SDSU. It is not arrogance at all, but if you feel bison fans act superior, than call Stig and tell him to figure out how to win in Fargo.

Comment

If I was a betting man, which im not because gambling is illegal, I would put money on the Bison. If they lost, I would put money on the field over either Il St or UNI and SDSU. It is not arrogance at all, but if you feel bison fans act superior, than call Stig and tell him to figure out how to win in Fargo.
          Telling everyone not NDSU they don't have a chance.....hymmmm...yup, it's arrogance.

Comment

The committee is flawed, and we all know it and it has been discussed to death. SDSU had 4 losses, thus they were not seeded. However, 1 loss was to SEC and the other 3 to MVFC teams. Not to mention, their QB was down. Sagarin is consistently a better predictor than "committees" and if anything, is under ranking SDSU due to the Sumner injury. I suggest you start digesting the Sagarin thread on Bisonville.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
              The committee is flawed, and we all know it and it has been discussed to death. SDSU had 4 losses, thus they were not seeded. However, 1 loss was to SEC and the other 3 to MVFC teams. Not to mention, their QB was down. Sagarin is consistently a better predictor than "committees" and if anything, is under ranking SDSU due to the Sumner injury. I suggest you start digesting the Sagarin thread on Bisonville.
              So let me get this straight. You are arguing that computer rankings are a better indicator than people who can watch games and select teams? So why did FBS switch from the BCS, to a playoff with a committee? I will hang up and listen.

Comment

So let me get this straight. You are arguing that computer rankings are a better indicator than people who can watch games and select teams? So why did FBS switch from the BCS, to a playoff with a committee? I will hang up and listen.
                Based on how the FCS committee seeded the teams, I kind of doubt they watched many games. UNI and SDSU would both beat Chatty and CCU if you want to use the "eye test".

Then of course you have NDSU being the #2 seed because they lost a game later in the season then UNH did. Forget the fact that NDSU had three times as many wins against playoff teams, an FBS win and a much tougher SOS than UNH.

Comment

And now you know why folks are ripping on that set up.....BCS was better.

I am not saying computers are perfect, but if you think the seeded teams are the 8 best teams, i have a bridge to sell you in San Fran......

Comment

If you don't want to play NDSU round 2 don't lose 4 regular season games. It really is a simple theory
                    Or, better yet, lose 5 and maybe we get Chattanooga like ISUb did. It's not difficult to understand the point being made here.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                      Based on how the FCS committee seeded the teams, I kind of doubt they watched many games. UNI and SDSU would both beat Chatty and CCU if you want to use the "eye test".

Then of course you have NDSU being the #2 seed because they lost a game later in the season then UNH did. Forget the fact that NDSU had three times as many wins against playoff teams, an FBS win and a much tougher SOS than UNH.
                      Agreed. Crazy that NDSU wasn't the #1 seed. Overcompensation by the committee (nudge, nudge... we'll put five MVFC teams in, but to make it OK, we'll put NDSU at #2). Pretty much the perfect example of how flawed this system is.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Agreed. Crazy that NDSU wasn't the #1 seed. Overcompensation by the committee (nudge, nudge... we'll put five MVFC teams in, but to make it OK, we'll put NDSU at #2). Pretty much the perfect example of how flawed this system is.
                        There is not a system out there that makes everyone happy. The goal is to win the national championship. In order to do that we have to go through NDSU. Doesn't matter if its round 2 or the finals. Its time for us to put up!

Comment

This is how NCAA playoffs have been for 30 years. Bison have played the following teams in the 1st 2 rounds since 1985, Mankato, UND, UNO, UNC, Augustana & SDSU along with Pitt State and NWMSU multiple times. Us bison fans are used to playing conference mates in the playoffs.

btw, SDSU is ranked 14th and NDSU is ranked 2/3 depending on who you ask. That seems to line up pretty nicely.
                          Bad rationalization again. SDSU is not the 14th ranked team of the 16 remaining. Just like Ind St is not the 9th ranked team remaining.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            There is not a system out there that makes everyone happy. The goal is to win the national championship. In order to do that we have to go through NDSU. Doesn't matter if its round 2 or the finals. Its time for us to put up!
                            Montana speaks the truth. Its really all moot except for being able to say we got past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

If it were a perfect world I'd say rank the top 8, regionalize the other 16 with conference considerations and then rank the 8 that come out and play it out. There only a max of 8 teams would have to travel far and with a glut of East teams that would more likely be 4.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Bison centric thinking. Argument is against regionalization on the basis that the MVFC is considerably stronger than the other conferenced and conference are largely based on geographic regions. It seems unlikely that UNI would be playing Ill St and SDSU playing NDSU if not for regionalization.

A victory by SDSU Saturday knocks a pretty decent NDSU team out of the playoffs earlier than it should.
                              This is the correct analysis, starting with the Bison-centric thinking line. Saturday's a good change to stop this the world goes through Fargo stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                Or, better yet, lose 5 and maybe we get Chattanooga like ISUb did. It's not difficult to understand the point being made here.
                                Upper deck shot right there Jimmy Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X