How well did Jim Abbott play?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How well did Jim Abbott play?.

I know I watched the lady puppies play denver in the championship game, although the pain killers were winning after surgery to replace my knee. I guess I must have been out cold when he played in the game so that must be why he was cutting down the nets at the end. Did Chicoine do that when we got our first? If not then that was a classless act by Abbott taking the spotlight off his players and also I believe being photoed with the team and banner.

Re: How well did Jim Abbott play?.

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    I know I watched the lady puppies play denver in the championship game, although the pain killers were winning after surgery to replace my knee. I guess I must have been out cold when he played in the game so that must be why he was cutting down the nets at the end. Did Chicoine do that when we got our first? If not then that was a classless act by Abbott taking the spotlight off his players and also I believe being photoed with the team and banner.
    Chicoine wanted to help cut down the nets, but I believe he had to leave immediately after the game to get to a Monsanto board meeting.
    USD Fan

Comment

If not then that was a classless act by Abbott taking the spotlight off his players and also I believe being photoed with the team and banner.
      You don't get many photo ops in Vermillion , so.....

Comment

It was upon the request of the team and coaches.
        Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

You're really reaching now. Wow

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            You're really reaching now. Wow
            A little grandstanding never hurt anyone. I like Jim Abbott, and wish he would try another run at governor.

Comment

Jim Abbott and his wife were very good friends of my moms. I talked with him a lot during the yotes last playoff run in football up at Northwood Univ. I like Jim also. I just think that the celebration after the game should be for the students and let the admin celebrate elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
                It was upon the request of the team and coaches.
                Then politely decline and say..."this day is about you". They obviously forgot that earlier in the weekend in how they handled the James situation.
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  Then politely decline and say..."this day is about you". They obviously forgot that earlier in the weekend in how they handled the James situation.
                  How did they handle the James situation?

Comment

Who cares. I guess I don't see the big deal.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      How did they handle the James situation?
                      Not the best handling, by any means but it was handled. Like someone else said in the Joey thread. Herbster and Abbott are not looking for jobs, James is though. It had to be a disappointing to Coach James who will no doubt recover and who knows he might take a job at SDSU just to piss the guys in red off.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                        Who cares. I guess I don't see the big deal.
                        I am with you. Jim is an alum too, so I would think he felt honored to take part in the ceremony. Lets hope it does happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Not the best handling, by any means but it was handled. Like someone else said in the Joey thread. Herbster and Abbott are not looking for jobs, James is though. It had to be a disappointing to Coach James who will no doubt recover and who knows he might take a job at SDSU just to piss the guys in red off.
                          No one here knows for sure how it was handled. Perhaps Coach James found the AD and said he wanted to know where he stood. I find it hard to believe that the AD would go looking for James right after the biggest win that USD has had in a long time when you would think that he should have been otherwise occupied.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            No one here knows for sure how it was handled. Perhaps Coach James found the AD and said he wanted to know where he stood. I find it hard to believe that the AD would go looking for James right after the biggest win that USD has had in a long time when you would think that he should have been otherwise occupied.
                            No question, this might have very likely been the case, that is Joey searching the AD out. If you sense bad news coming down the trail, would you want to get it as soon as possible. The body language and feelings that Joey communicated in the press conferences, he was very worried about being around, and seemed to indicate that in a very subtle fashion.

Comment

What was Abbott's position when the Jacks went D-1? Asking 'cause I don't know but I think Sturgis raises a good point if he was lukewarm to Jacks' move and was in the USDetractors crowd.

Comment

Working...
                              X