Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison Excuses

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I probably shouldn't have even started this discussion because it could never be a discussion...too many of you have an inferiority complex and cannot have a civil discussion with a Bison. Too many of you think I was taking shots at you and/or trying to justify football. Both are not true. I was simply stating I can't get that excited about a trip to the dance where the SL team has NEVER won a game. Good times. Yep, that is exciting. Now when/if a Summit Leage team wins, that will be a MAJOR accomplishment.
    I actually think the Bison could win a couple games if they make if in. Depends on the seed, who they play and if there are any upsets in your bracket. But you have to get there first. So get excited first, about getting there then get excited about a win

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      I actually think the Bison could win a couple games if they make if in. Depends on the seed, who they play and if there are any upsets in your bracket. But you have to get there first. So get excited first, about getting there then get excited about a win
      You've got more faith than I do. And yes, we've got to make it first...and anything can happen in the SL tournament.

Comment

Regarding the claim that we have yet to get anything out of our NCAA Tourney appearances, here is a quote from an article in the Argus about Wisconsin transfer George Marshall.

Marshall said that he first learned of SDSU last season after watching the Jacks play Michigan on national television in the NCAA tournament. He remembered being impressed.
        http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nsferring-SDSU

Marshall, of course, has not done a damn thing in an SDSU uniform, but he's coming off a (freshman) season in which he appeared in every game for a very good Wisconsin team. I'd consider a guy like that coming to the Summit as a big deal.

Comment

I probably shouldn't have even started this discussion because it could never be a discussion...too many of you have an inferiority complex and cannot have a civil discussion with a Bison. Too many of you think I was taking shots at you and/or trying to justify football. Both are not true. I was simply stating I can't get that excited about a trip to the dance where the SL team has NEVER won a game. Good times. Yep, that is exciting. Now when/if a Summit Leage team wins, that will be a MAJOR accomplishment.
          Saying a birth in the NCAA tourney and the corresponding exposure is not a big deal is just plain wrong. Just because the SL has never won a game doesn't mean the university doesn't gain from a birth.

Even your fellow bison fan disagrees with you. But hey, if you get beat in the SL tourney you can always fall back on the fact that making the tourney just "isn't a big deal".

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Regarding the claim that we have yet to get anything out of our NCAA Tourney appearances, here is a quote from an article in the Argus about Wisconsin transfer George Marshall.

Marshall said that he first learned of SDSU last season after watching the Jacks play Michigan on national television in the NCAA tournament. He remembered being impressed.

Marshall, of course, has not done a damn thing in an SDSU uniform, but he's coming off a (freshman) season in which he appeared in every game for a very good Wisconsin team. I'd consider a guy like that coming to the Summit as a big deal.
            Good research. Looks like you proved the exposure got you something substantial. I concede that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Oh get out of here. He's not a "cut above".

Comment

...too many of you have an inferiority complex and cannot have a civil discussion with a Bison.
                Hahahaha an ndsu fan must have a superiority complex then? Like we little minds can't comprehend your high level of understanding in the world of college sports.

First of all the SL is a respectable mid major. The patriot is a joke. That's a big difference. Sdsu made both the last 2 fcs playoffs and last to ncaa tournys. As great as making it past the first round was I think I would speak for most that the chance of making a cinderella run is more exciting then the fcs playoffs.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Saying a birth in the NCAA tourney and the corresponding exposure is not a big deal is just plain wrong. Just because the SL has never won a game doesn't mean the university doesn't gain from a birth.

Even your fellow bison fan disagrees with you. But hey, if you get beat in the SL tourney you can always fall back on the fact that making the tourney just "isn't a big deal".
                  I hope I didn't say it isn't a big deal (as somebody will find the quote), but what I said/meant is I don't get that excited about it. Plenty of things are a big deal that don't matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Hahahaha an ndsu fan must have a superiority complex then? Like we little minds can't comprehend your high level of understanding in the world of college sports.

First of all the SL is a respectable mid major. The patriot is a joke. That's a big difference. Sdsu made both the last 2 fcs playoffs and last to ncaa tournys. As great as making it past the first round was I think I would speak for most that the chance of making a cinderella run is more exciting then the fcs playoffs.
                    Hey, that's cool...I'm sure there would be plenty of Bison fans that would rather have a cinderella run in the dance over a fcs playoff run. I couldn't blame them.

The Patriot is a joke...but they have not fared any worse than the SL once the playoffs start. When the SL has never won even a single game in the tournament...you've got to see how that can make some people not care that much.

Comment

• Re: Bison Excuses

Hey, that's cool...I'm sure there would be plenty of Bison fans that would rather have a cinderella run in the dance over a fcs playoff run. I couldn't blame them.

The Patriot is a joke...but they have not fared any worse than the SL once the playoffs start. When the SL has never won even a single game in the tournament...you've got to see how that can make some people not care that much.
                      How many leagues have never won a ncaa tourny game? Just curious if anyone knows. If we are the only league you have a point but the summit is getting better almost year by year. I wouldn't be surprised if the SL starts winning gme here and there and with in 10 years someonr makes a cinderella run.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        How many leagues have never won a ncaa tourny game? Just curious if anyone knows. If we are the only league you have a point but the summit is getting better almost year by year. I wouldn't be surprised if the SL starts winning gme here and there and with in 10 years someonr makes a cinderella run.
                        How is my point not valid if other conferences haven't won either? Just because our conference isn't alone doesn't make our conference any better. Our conference gets zero respect when it comes to laying out the field...happens every year...and it is deserved.

Comment

How is my point not valid if other conferences haven't won either? Just because our conference isn't alone doesn't make our conference any better. Our conference gets zero respect when it comes to laying out the field...happens every year...and it is deserved.
                          I think you are beginning to understand seedings. It is a reward for those who have had a great year. If the bison had beaten OSU, the seeding would have been better! If you are from the Summit or the A10, OOC wins will go a long ways to gaining seed position. So if you are historically getting 13-16 seedings, you may have a tough game to start. So you may as well resign yourself to watch bowling and cycling until the bison get more than a victory over the Irish. Also, it might be noted that undefeated basketball teams are rare and they would have a higher seed in that event should they have had a respectable OOC. Meanwhile the rest of us who enjoy watching the basketball available in the Summit will make sure you get a call should there be a breakout by the Summit teams. Remember a playin victory will not merit a call to you.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            I think you are beginning to understand seedings. It is a reward for those who have had a great year. If the bison had beaten OSU, the seeding would have been better! If you are from the Summit or the A10, OOC wins will go a long ways to gaining seed position. So if you are historically getting 13-16 seedings, you may have a tough game to start. So you may as well resign yourself to watch bowling and cycling until the bison get more than a victory over the Irish. Also, it might be noted that undefeated basketball teams are rare and they would have a higher seed in that event should they have had a respectable OOC. Meanwhile the rest of us who enjoy watching the basketball available in the Summit will make sure you get a call should there be a breakout by the Summit teams. Remember a playin victory will not merit a call to you.
                            Wow...the butthurt you show is serious...maybe you should go see a dr. You want to be snide, I can be snide. You want to smack? I can bring up the crying you guys have done about the refs.

You're choice. We can be civil, or we can smack. Right now you don't have the cards. How do you want to play them?

Comment

TAB, your opinions suck.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                                TAB, your opinions suck.
                                What else is new?

Comment

Working...
                                X