Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU FANS?

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Fact #1 - Since 2000 , the Summit/Mid-Continent has had three players selected in the NBA Draft. Fact #2 - Two of those players have stuck on NBA rosters and are currently starting for their respective teams. Fact #3 - Nate Wolters is one of those two players. And the other one is not an NDSU grad. Seems to me that gives a bit of an advantage to the Jacks.
    Now this is gold! One player is all you guys can hang your hat on? Ouch! Well, looking at the DI body of work, SDSU has only been successful when Wolters was in Brookings. Poor results before him and back to similar results after him. But go Bucks! Lol.

Ps, what school did the other NBA player go to? Is that school's mbb program also superior to NDSU's because they have a player in the NBA? Hmmm? I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Nate Wolters > everyone else. Can't argue with that.
      No one from either school comes close, imo.

NDSU mbb > SDSU mbb. Also, can't argue with that.

Comment

Nate Wolters & 2 NCAA appearances > Woodside/Braun & 1 appearance a piece.

The other guard in NBA from the Summit, George Hill can go kick rocks
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

The transition years for SDSU were very tough luckily for NDSU they had Woodside or else they would have been in the same boat. Take out the first couple of season and its toe to toe with these to programs. Both teams lose their core pieces after this season. The next couple of years its going to tell who has been building a better program.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
            No one from either school comes close, imo.

NDSU mbb > SDSU mbb. Also, can't argue with that.
            Oh sorry. I wasn't talking about he was better than everyone else from either school. I meant the entire rest of the planet.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Ps, what school did the other NBA player go to? Is that school's mbb program also superior to NDSU's because they have a player in the NBA? Hmmm? I'll hang up and listen.
              You would think that if a crappy school like IUPUI can land a future NBA starting PG, that NDSU could easily get a future NBA starting PG.

So tell me which of the following does not belong.

Nate Wolters
              George Hill
              Ben Woodside
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Didn't George Hill go to IUPUI because of his ailing great-grandfather or something
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Now this is gold! One player is all you guys can hang your hat on? Ouch! Well, looking at the DI body of work, SDSU has only been successful when Wolters was in Brookings. Poor results before him and back to similar results after him. But go Bucks! Lol.
                  Back to poor results after Nate and two NCAA appearances ? So if a 10-4 conference record (tied for second) and 19-12 overall is poor , where does that put the Bison in the 3 years after your NCAA appearance - 8-10 (11-18 overall) ; 8-10 (14-15) and 9-9 (17-14). And 3 first round tourney losses. You must have a PHD in spin doctoring. And take comfort in some of those head to head wins in the years when you finished below us in the standings and went into the toilet against the rest of the Summit.

Comment

I want to start by saying both programs have had their ups and downs, and both appear to be on fairly solid footing for the future.

I may be wrong on this, but I believe since the xDSU's joined the Summit IUPUI was superior up until last season. I think they had more wins than NDSU until some point at the middle of last season. They may still have more conference tournament wins. Again, I may be wrong.

But for a time, IUPUI was clearly superior to both schools. They changed coaches, and all that changed.

I am surprised by the bravado of NDSU fans in thinking they will continue on their path of domination even if Saul leaves. All schools have ups and downs, and I suspect both schools will be very comparable over the long run.

But we did have Wolters.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Oh sorry. I wasn't talking about he was better than everyone else from either school. I meant the entire rest of the planet.
                      I think a few sarcasm detectors may be malfunctioning.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Back to poor results after Nate and two NCAA appearances ? So if a 10-4 conference record (tied for second) and 19-12 overall is poor , where does that put the Bison in the 3 years after your NCAA appearance - 8-10 (11-18 overall) ; 8-10 (14-15) and 9-9 (17-14). And 3 first round tourney losses. You must have a PHD in spin doctoring. And take comfort in some of those head to head wins in the years when you finished below us in the standings and went into the toilet against the rest of the Summit.
                        ^^this^^
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I find this argument comical. Both sides have their ++++'s. I would think from an outsiders POV we would be pretty even.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                            I find this argument comical. Both sides have their ++++'s. I would think from an outsiders POV we would be pretty even.
                            Thats pretty weak smack from you.....but if we are arguing over if beating a ranked marquette or having an NBA draft pick etc makes a program better, well then they are pretty even over all. Which means other summit league schools would like to have that debate also.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Thats pretty weak smack from you.....but if we are arguing over if beating a ranked marquette or having an NBA draft pick etc makes a program better, well then they are pretty even over all. Which means other summit league schools would like to have that debate also.
                              Wasn't smacking...just saying we are fairly even programs...sorry for not being irrational...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                Wasn't smacking...just saying we are fairly even programs...sorry for not being irrational...
                                That is a first for you.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X