Chip on Shoulder, and not a Bison Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip on Shoulder, and not a Bison Chip

This should be a motivator for the Jacks. Two years in a row they have first round games against teams on their virtual home courts. Same thing has happened to our women. Plus, some dunderhead on some braketology show tonight said "San Diego State" again. Enough to make you ticked off. Chip on Shoulder time!

(Penn State beat these guys two weeks ago. They're not invincible).

Re: Chip on Shoulder, and not a Bison Chip

Michigan comes in 6-6 over their last 12 games and as previously noted - they lost to Penn State.

In their most recent loss to Wisconsin (er, WIU) - they gave up 51 points in the 2nd half. Yes they are a Big 10 team that has been through the meat grinder of a schedule, but I'm hopeful that on this count, the Big 10 has been over rated this year.

Nothing is impossible.

(I still want to know how/who/why the Bison could get a 1st round game in Mpls. Bizun envy - I know, but this will be our 2nd trip to the dance. Anxious to see what the women get for a draw tonight. This team gives me the least confidence in a W, but that could mean something too....Go Jacks!)

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
      Michigan comes in 6-6 over their last 12 games and as previously noted - they lost to Penn State.

In their most recent loss to Wisconsin (er, WIU) - they gave up 51 points in the 2nd half. Yes they are a Big 10 team that has been through the meat grinder of a schedule, but I'm hopeful that on this count, the Big 10 has been over rated this year.

Nothing is impossible.

(I still want to know how/who/why the Bison could get a 1st round game in Mpls. Bizun envy - I know, but this will be our 2nd trip to the dance. Anxious to see what the women get for a draw tonight. This team gives me the least confidence in a W, but that could mean something too....Go Jacks!)
      Just ask Charles Barkley if Big Ten is overrated. Haha. He said some gems on CBS last night. Also, Mountain West has #1 Conference RPI.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        Just ask Charles Barkley if Big Ten is overrated. Haha. He said some gems on CBS last night. Also, Mountain West has #1 Conference RPI.
        And Jacks beat the winner of that conference. In several ways Jacks have Basketball Jones on their side. The Cinderella factor, Nate playing for his NBA pedigree, a veteran team vs. a young team that is expected to win... The one thing that is going against us is that there is no way we can sneak up on this game.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          And Jacks beat the winner of that conference. In several ways Jacks have Basketball Jones on their side. The Cinderella factor, Nate playing for his NBA pedigree, a veteran team vs. a young team that is expected to win... The one thing that is going against us is that there is no way we can sneak up on this game.
          So maybe it's time to quit sneaking up, and start bashing down the front door?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            So maybe it's time to quit sneaking up, and start bashing down the front door?
            Quite so, sir! Mid-major power!

Comment

Working...
            X