ORU fails again in conference tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU fails again in conference tournament

An invite of ORU to the Valley would have to pass a vote of the conference President's. Can you imagine the President's of Drake, Bradley and Evansville voting to add Oral Roberts University? I guess anything can happen, but the MVC prides itself on academic reputation as much as athletic. Oral Roberts just does not fit. A school that does which I haven't heard discussed a lot; some but not a lot: Valparaiso University. If the Valley only adds one, and either school wants to be in the Valley, Valpo or Belmont be the pick. ORU fits exactly where they are right now, the Southland.

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    Some people think they are a front runner to get an MVC invite due to Tulsa previously in the conference. That would not make ke happy if those clowns get in the MVC.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
      I wonder if they regret leaving the Summit? With Denver coming aboard the conference will certainly be a little stronger. Southland had three teams abouve 500. I don't know if I'd want them back?

GBGBGJ
      ORU left the Summit because they were steadily losing their perch as top dog to the XDSU's. I think the offical excuse they used was reduced travel, but I think someone crunched the numbers and the math doesn't support that. I actually think baseball may have played the biggest part.

Comment

The Southland Conference men semifinals brought 1460 fans. I thought the pics looked a bit empty. Attendance in the MVC might require a bit more fan support as well.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          The Southland Conference men semifinals brought 1460 fans. I thought the pics looked a bit empty. Attendance in the MVC might require a bit more fan support as well.
          Had the game been played at ORU the reported attendance would have been closer to 14,600 fans.

Comment

ORU will need to issue catalogs to sit on with the tickets so we can see their heads above the seats.
            Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
            Had the game been played at ORU the reported attendance would have been closer to 14,600 fans.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If ORU joins the MVC next year they could/would have the honor of getting knocked out of 3 different league tournaments in consecutive years. Has to be a record....

Comment

ORU's women are going to the dance with a 72-66 win over Sam Houston St
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  If ORU joins the MVC next year they could/would have the honor of getting knocked out of 3 different league tournaments in consecutive years. Has to be a record....
                  One can only hope. Was it ORU fans who came over here with racially tinged posts?

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    I'm guessing they could be a real power in the WAC.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

That brilliant move has more probability than a move to MVC. At least in my opinion.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I'm sorry to have to report that our "dear' friend Jerry Finkbeiner will stay home again this year. His Utah State team got eliminated by Idaho in the WAC tourney. Maybe next year, Jerry!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          I'm sorry to have to report that our "dear' friend Jerry Finkbeiner will stay home again this year. His Utah State team got eliminated by Idaho in the WAC tourney. Maybe next year, Jerry!
                          I didn't know dinkwiner left. Not a fan of that guy when at oral bob.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The ORU women beats Sam Houston St yesterday. This is the first for Luper and Co. to advance to the tournament. ORU last appeared in tourney in 2008. It was somewhat of a private moment since only 933 witnessed this game in Texas.

Comment

SL wbb champ game was on espnu 3/17. Empty!!! Arena. Thought I was watching an ndsu vs iupui wbb game. Kevi's post game interview was ramp worthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X