Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pick Your Poison

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    I would most definitely lean to the leathernecks since they have a team with some character and they have earned a place in the sun. I am not a big sharer in the sense of co-champions, but the yotes do not have talent worthy of a victory over the leathernecks. I also have a leatherneck t-shirt to wear to the conference tourney to cheer a victory over the yotes there as well. If you get into the discourse about the preference of playing one vs. the other, I would remind you of the most current streak the Jacks have against either of the teams in question. A solo regular season crown should be one that is earned through victory rather than the defeat of an equal in the race. We could have defeated the yotes or bison or grizz to have the crown at this point. The #1 seed is the tiebreaker we earned.
    I have never said USD men's basketball is good but to say they don't have the talent to knock them off is absurd. However if you do believe that then give the crown to Western because we had enough talent to beat you, so that would be an admission that overall they are better than you. Regarding cheering against the Coyotes, I can only imagine how our fans would be ridiculed by you if we cheered against you in any game there let alone the finals. I have always cheered for you but that was enough to make me feel different. I was gonna wish you the best but I withdraw that statement. I hope the not enough talent Coyotes play the Jacks. I'll bet the farm you'd all be uptight as hell.

Comment

Im cheering on the yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Poll needs a "Whatever . . . bring on the Summit League Tournament!" voting choice.
        This is kind of where I stand. It would be awesome to win the title outright, but it's not something I will care about beyond about 10 PM on Saturday night. Honestly, a year from now virtually none of us will even remember whether the regular season title was "shared" or not. What I'm really happy about is the #1 seed, a date with IUPUI in the opening round, and an automatic qualifier in the NIT if things don't end well in Sioux Falls. Mission accomplished.

As for USD vs. WIU. USD could absolutely win that game - especially with Parks watching from the bench.

Comment

I just took a visit over to Leatherneck Nation. There still seems to be hope over there that Parks will play more this season. I also stopped at the UMKC site. Their single active poster still seems to think the MVC will raid the XDSU's from the Summit League and make UMKC's leadership look smart.

For what it is worth, when our fellow South Dakotan's are playing, I will support them unless a victory by them is opposed to our best interests. Go 'yotes on Saturday.
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Remind me again about the character question. It is not that I dislike the yote players either. It is still my postion that the Leathernecks have more talent remaining on the roster with Parks on the bench. The only time I get may become uptight is when encountering someone that needs to sell they are a rational person to disagree with my comments. When you purchase that admisson ticket for the game, you can support UMKC or any other team on the list. Since we are required to play the game, you will notice that the Jacks were beaten by a yote team that sports a losing season. Eventually the Jacks secured the #1 seed and a team that beat the Jacks is a #7 seed. Do not assume they will not play the 2-7 game, occasionally a 7 seed wins as Oral Roberts(#2seed) found a couple of years back. Good luck on the matchups for the yotes. Now we should find a poll for the bison v yotes to find who comes out the woodwork:0) PS, you must be a high roller if you are betting the farm on a message board.
            Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            I have never said USD men's basketball is good but to say they don't have the talent to knock them off is absurd. However if you do believe that then give the crown to Western because we had enough talent to beat you, so that would be an admission that overall they are better than you. Regarding cheering against the Coyotes, I can only imagine how our fans would be ridiculed by you if we cheered against you in any game there let alone the finals. I have always cheered for you but that was enough to make me feel different. I was gonna wish you the best but I withdraw that statement. I hope the not enough talent Coyotes play the Jacks. I'll bet the farm you'd all be uptight as hell.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Go Yotes
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Screw the U...but I hope they win this one.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I sure hope you reconsider.I don't know what the Jacks will do without your support.

Comment

I won't be at all surprised if USD goes into Western Hall and beats the Leathernecks.

Heck, UMKC went in there and nearly did it.

Now, somebody needs to explain to me how on Earth UMKC managed to beat USD twice, because I just can't quite wrap my head around that. It's kind of like contemplating the sun rising in the west.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I won't be cheering on the 'Yotes against the 'Necks or in Sioux Falls. I was glad to see they beat Montana State, as that helps the Summit League, and I really dislike the Big Sky. In Sioux Falls, you can expect to see me cheering for the Jacks only. I will NOT be cheering for USD or NDSU.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

At this point (12:50 p.m. Friday) it's running 20-6 in favor of the Yotes, with a tiny bit of rounding, that's 77%. My, we're a friendly bunch after winning the Summit League Title (or at least a share!).

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          I won't be cheering on the 'Yotes against the 'Necks or in Sioux Falls. I was glad to see they beat Montana State, as that helps the Summit League, and I really dislike the Big Sky. In Sioux Falls, you can expect to see me cheering for the Jacks only. I will NOT be cheering for USD or NDSU.
                          This is the way I feel as well. Those that are cheering for the coyotes should do so with all the enthusiasm they can muster. I will not be cheering for WIU either, I feel the same way for those that are cheering for WIU. I don't care one bit if the Necks tie the Jacks and I don't care one bit if USD wins. I cheer for the Jackrabbits.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            This is the way I feel as well. Those that are cheering for the coyotes should do so with all the enthusiasm they can muster. I will not be cheering for WIU either, I feel the same way for those that are cheering for WIU. I don't care one bit if the Necks tie the Jacks and I don't care one bit if USD wins. I cheer for the Jackrabbits.
                            I won't be "cheering" for either team. I just "hope" USD wins so we don't share the title.

In games not involving the Jackrabbits I basically just watch the game and "cheer" for good plays....regardless of which team makes them.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

If you get to any games that have no South Dakota teams playing, you may hear some partisan cheeers for teams that have no base of fans in the arena. With the ORU games last year, there were some fans that were 40 minute cheerleaders for WIU. You are more than welcome to sit on your hands and be an objective viewer from the seat during the games the Jacks are not playing. I have a difficult time doing that at home watching a game on television. It is my guess that all the games will bring some cheering or applause for a team they did not come to support. That is part of the fun of the Summit at the Falls for me.
                              Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                If you get to any games that have no South Dakota teams playing, you may hear some partisan cheeers for teams that have no base of fans in the arena. With the ORU games last year, there were some fans that were 40 minute cheerleaders for WIU. You are more than welcome to sit on your hands and be an objective viewer from the seat during the games the Jacks are not playing. I have a difficult time doing that at home watching a game on television. It is my guess that all the games will bring some cheering or applause for a team they did not come to support. That is part of the fun of the Summit at the Falls for me.
                                Exactly how you should approach it, cheer as loudly as you want for whatever team you feel inclined to cheer for. I'll be at almost every game and I'll cheer at different times for different teams unless, of course, the Jackrabbits are on the court, then I'll be cheering for them.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X