Fine whine about foul differentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine whine about foul differentials

Mods: I'm putting this here because we all know what kind of moths-to-flame discussion this will provoke from a few of our recently defeated friends from up north.
    These constant complaints about reffereeing and home cooking from our friends up north are a joke. In the combined games between NDSU and the Jacks, the Bizun have been called for 35 fouls, the Jacks' 31.
    The differential is almost pefectly in keeping with the season-long trend for both teams. The Bison are a slightly more penalized team than the Jacks are - 333 t0 324 for the Jacks. The season-long trend holds in the other direction, too. The Jacks have drawn 390 fouls to the Bison's 312. A lot of this has to do with the fact that the Jacks have one of the best driving point guards in the nation who has shot 40 percent of the team's free throws, nd more than twice as many as any other player.
    These constant "homecooking" claims are a crock and beneath any program that aspires to greatness.
    Now, let the lectures begin.

Re: Fine whine about foul differentials

Excellent post, NoVaJack. Nothing a few NDSU fans hate more than facts (and referees).

Comment

But Natalie falls down on his own. He is never fouled.

btw, i think the few Bison fans that come here are probably the most sane of the Bison fans.

Comment

I don't really think the refs are biased in any way, they are just terrible almost every Saturday. Once you accept that reality it is easier to move forward.

Honestly my only real gripe with the Summit refs is how inconsistent they can be.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          I don't really think the refs are biased in any way, they are just terrible almost every Saturday. Once you accept that reality it is easier to move forward.
          I agree, the SL officials need to at least be consistent from half to half Both Men's and Women's.

Comment

The fouls didn't bother me as much as that it appeared a number of times that the Bison would drag a foot when they came to a stop in the middle of the floor. They finally called it a couple of times near the end , but it looked like it happened a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              But Natalie falls down on his own. He is never fouled.

btw, i think the few Bison fans that come here are probably the most sane of the Bison fans.
              I agree with this. More relevant to the stream on B-Ville. It's virtually an accepted fact for some posters up there.

Comment

I wish SDBison would come over here but he is such a big chicken. His profile says he lives in North Sioux Falls, which is code language for being an inmate at the penn.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I wish SDBison would come over here but he is such a big chicken. His profile says he lives in North Sioux Falls, which is code language for being an inmate at the penn.
                  \\

Actually it says "North of Sioux Falls". Which could be Renner, Baltic, Dells or some other small community.

Comment

\\

Actually it says "North of Sioux Falls". Which could be Renner, Baltic, Dells or some other small community.

Yeah I know, I am just having some fun. Why this guy lives in SD when he is so in love with NDSU is beyond me. He never has anything good to say about SDSU. Its irrratating, but if I met the guy in person, I might like him.

Comment

We won. Let's not gloat too much. Although, I do enjoy watching a good old meltdown by Bison fans, so maybe we can go about it for another day.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

One last post by me on officials. The game in Fargo, which NDSU won, 64-63, the Bison attempted 21 FT's compared to the jacks 11. From the point when the game was tied at 58-58 with 3:00 to play, the Bison attempted 8 FT's compared to the Jacks 0 attempts.

We got screwed by officiating in Fargo, not the Bison. Yet, the Fargo media never raised any questions or posted any tweets. No sounds from up north were uttered in complaint.

I think some of us on here put up a mild argument, but in the end we moved on and forward. Buck the Fison!
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Yeah I know, I am just having some fun. Why this guy lives in SD when he is so in love with NDSU is beyond me. He never has anything good to say about SDSU. Its irrratating, but if I met the guy in person, I might like him.
                          Boy, i dont know. Reading his posts, im wondering if his co-workers even like him.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            One last post by me on officials. The game in Fargo, which NDSU won, 64-63, the Bison attempted 21 FT's compared to the jacks 11. From the point when the game was tied at 58-58 with 3:00 to play, the Bison attempted 8 FT's compared to the Jacks 0 attempts.
                            Never let the facts get in the way of a good 'ol Bisonville meltdown!

Comment

Boy, i dont know. Reading his posts, im wondering if his co-workers even like him.
                              Word is that when he was a kid they had to tie a pork chop around his neck to get the dog to play with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X