Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oh no, we've offended some Bison

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
    Agree its all talk right now and can easily change.

I was only pointing out that unlike the links Jack posted, that many non bison fans think the NDSU could win the SL. You can spin it and twist anyway you want.

Dont want to hurt your feelings but whoever is in first place when they do their predictions is going to be the team they have in the brackets. I believe Western was there while they were in first place. For the Mid Majors, it doesnt matter now. It matters in March.

Comment

I was only pointing out that unlike the links Jack posted, that many non bison fans think the NDSU could win the SL. You can spin it and twist anyway you want.
      Ah, now you're starting to get it.

Oh, and the UND-wannabies crack...that was uncalled for and unwarranted...you have my apology.

Comment

If you really want to play the link game I can find many that have NDSU representing the SL in March Madness.

This plus a dime will get you a cup of coffee at Wall Drug

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Dont want to hurt your feelings but whoever is in first place when they do their predictions is going to be the team they have in the brackets. I believe Western was there while they were in first place. For the Mid Majors, it doesnt matter now. It matters in March.
          Lunardi does it that way but CBS does not...so yes and no to your response. Obv you dont read well as my first sentence read: "Agree its all talk right now and can easily change."

When we beat you on Saturday it will be okay though, you guys can spin it as just a regular season game and say just way to til the conference tournament...my response will be gladly.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            This plus a dime will get you a cup of coffee at Wall Drug
            Or free ice water

Comment

Originally posted by BudLight Jackrabbit View Post
              Or free ice water
              Ice water in January? It does not get that warm in Western SD does it?

Comment

Yea, but those people you linked to are wrong.

Comment

Less smack, more work.

SLACKERS!
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Countdown for the bison's second consecutive loss of the conference. The long week of preparation should have the Jackrabbits ready for a game. We need to make sure the refs are well rested and make it to the game in a good mood. This should be a good game with the majority of the cheering & noise on the Jacks side this week. The bison had the good crowd in Fargo.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I started a thread in the Summit League section, posting the following:

ELMHURST, Ill. − With the first semester of the 2012-13 academic year complete, The Summit League has announced its Academic Honor Roll for the fall season. A total of 533 Summit League student-athletes from men’s and women’s cross country, men’s and women’s soccer and volleyball have been honored for their academic excellence.
                      In order to be selected to the Academic Honor Roll, a student-athlete must have a 3.0 or better grade-point average (GPA) in the semester in which they compete and must use a year of eligibility. In order to be named a Distinguished Scholar, a student-athlete must have at least a 3.60 GPA.

From the story:
                      Oakland 73
                      Kansas City 63
                      Western Illinois 59
                      SDSU 56
                      Omaha 55
                      IUPUI and USD 52 each
                      NDSU 36

Here's the story link:
                      http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...emic_honorroll

I concluded I may as well post the same info in this smack thread in anticipation/expectation of the Bison spin-meisters showing up.

Yesterday the league's distinguished scholars were announced:
                      Kansas City had a league-high 38 student-athletes named Distinguished Scholars followed by South Dakota with 37 recipients. Oakland and Western Illinois each had 36 honorees followed closely by South Dakota State (35 recipients) and Omaha (32 recipients). Fort Wayne landed 26 student-athletes on the list followed by IUPUI’s 25 honorees and North Dakota State’s 18. Men’s soccer associate members Eastern Illinois and Oral Roberts had four and seven student-athletes, respectively, earn Distinguished Scholar honors.

A distinguished scholar has a 3.60 or greater gpa.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I started a thread in the Summit League section, posting the following:

ELMHURST, Ill. − With the first semester of the 2012-13 academic year complete, The Summit League has announced its Academic Honor Roll for the fall season. A total of 533 Summit League student-athletes from men’s and women’s cross country, men’s and women’s soccer and volleyball have been honored for their academic excellence.
                        In order to be selected to the Academic Honor Roll, a student-athlete must have a 3.0 or better grade-point average (GPA) in the semester in which they compete and must use a year of eligibility. In order to be named a Distinguished Scholar, a student-athlete must have at least a 3.60 GPA.

From the story:
                        Oakland 73
                        Kansas City 63
                        Western Illinois 59
                        SDSU 56
                        Omaha 55
                        IUPUI and USD 52 each
                        NDSU 36

Here's the story link:
                        http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...emic_honorroll

I concluded I may as well post the same info in this smack thread in anticipation/expectation of the Bison spin-meisters showing up.

In keeping with the ongoing theme my guess is the fairness of the tests and the objectivity of the test-givers will be attacked first.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                          Yea, but those people you linked to are wrong.
                          Haha well played sir.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Countdown for the bison's second consecutive loss of the conference. The long week of preparation should have the Jackrabbits ready for a game. We need to make sure the refs are well rested and make it to the game in a good mood. This should be a good game with the majority of the cheering & noise on the Jacks side this week. The bison had the good crowd in Fargo.
                            Pretty sure the refs are traveling with the NDSU team to brookings, gotta make sure we give them the full game-plan and make sure we get all the calls we need.

Comment

Pretty sure the refs are traveling with the NDSU team to brookings, gotta make sure we give them the full game-plan and make sure we get all the calls we need.
                              We'll have the outdoor toilets left over from football for y'all!!!

Comment

Thanks for letting me smack talk this week. I'd like to wish your team good luck today, they'll need it! Go Bison!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X