Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oh no, we've offended some Bison

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
    Against common opponents, NDSU has outscored those teams by 10 more points per game than SDSU. NDSU is +16.2 and SDSU is +6.5. Some games of note...

NDSU beat IUPUI by 38, SDSU beat IUPUI by 15
    NDSU beat USD by 26, SDSU lost to USD by 3 lol
    NDSU beat UND by 20, SDSU beat UND by 1 lol
    NDSU beat Omaha by 44, SDSU beat them by 15

NDSU also beat SDSU this season, in case anyone has forgotten about that

So why waste time with comparative scores when they mean nothing. The only game that matters is the head to head. But I know u were trying to let us know that u would beat New Mexico by at least 20. Also there are other common opponents u didn't mention. But those were in our favor so I can see you missing them

Comment

Is "buttwoodside" similar to "buttfootball?"

Comment

I believe I've become somewhat stupider after reading through this thread.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Is "buttwoodside" similar to "buttfootball?"
          I believe so. Is ButtWomen'sBasketball?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            So why waste time with comparative scores when they mean nothing. The only game that matters is the head to head. But I know u were trying to let us know that u would beat New Mexico by at least 20. Also there are other common opponents u didn't mention. But those were in our favor so I can see you missing them
            I did include those games in my numbers. I didn't include them in the games listed since the margins of victory were relatively small, and I only listed the games with huge variances. Do I need to explain every little detail here? Haha

Comment

I did include those games in my numbers. I didn't include them in the games listed since the margins of victory were relatively small, and I only listed the games with huge variances. Do I need to explain every little detail here? Haha
              You beat IPFW by 12. We won by 26

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                +++++++++++++++THIS+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

Exactly, why compare the program as a whole when yours obviously comes up short. I can play that game too..

Let's make this so simple that even a Bunny Wabbit can understand. Let's look at this year- the year that the all the players from this year have played on and players from years past have not played on..
                  SDSU 15-6

NDSU 16-4

See how that works?

Oh you are so close you almost got it. See that was my point. You have been picking the criteria to suit your needs, and so I was demonstrating that we can do the same thing. Now I will factor in Woodside for you, NDSU was good when they had Woodside. NDSU hasn't been very good since he graduated - barley above .500 - 0 wins at the Summit League Tournament.

If you want to come on here and tell us how much you miss Ben and how good you used to be when he was on your team, ok. We would all understand that. NDSU with Woodside was good, but since he graduated NDSU hasn't done much for you to crow about.

You had a nice season going this year, but your best player got hurt and there is a lot of season left to play. I know many Bison fans are whistling past the graveyard - very loudly - but deep in your hearts you know. This season could end like all the rest of the Bison seasons since Woodside with a long drive to Sioux Falls and a short stay. The WIU loss has only made those fears more real as you think you might finish 3rd or lower in the regular season. Only time will tell.

You can't feel good about the upcoming trip to B-Town. You barley beat us in Fargo with Buarn and the 20 point lead we spotted you. See you guys on Saturday. I really enjoyed last year's game in Frost I think we will see more of the same this year!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                    Oh you are so close you almost got it. See that was my point. You have been picking the criteria to suit your needs, and so I was demonstrating that we can do the same thing. Now I will factor in Woodside for you, NDSU was good when they had Woodside. NDSU hasn't been very good since he graduated - barley above .500 - 0 wins at the Summit League Tournament.

If you want to come on here and tell us how much you miss Ben and how good you used to be when he was on your team, ok. We would all understand that. NDSU with Woodside was good, but since he graduated NDSU hasn't done much for you to crow about.

You had a nice season going this year, but your best player got hurt and there is a lot of season left to play. I know many Bison fans are whistling past the graveyard - very loudly - but deep in your hearts you know. This season could end like all the rest of the Bison seasons since Woodside with a long drive to Sioux Falls and a short stay. The WIU loss has only made those fears more real as you think you might finish 3rd or lower in the regular season. Only time will tell.

You can't feel good about the upcoming trip to B-Town. You barley beat us in Fargo with Buarn and the 20 point lead we spotted you. See you guys on Saturday. I really enjoyed last year's game in Frost I think we will see more of the same this year!
                    Again I ask you to show any reason that the Bison wheels will fall off this season??? You keep talking out of your *** like its a lock to happen when nothing proves that to be. So NDSU lost on the Road to a tough Western Illinois team, its not like that is a bad loss. It was competitive the whole game and NDSU had chances. SDSU managed to win a close one at WIU...good for them.

There have been numerous games this year where Braun hasn't played well and the Bison have still won...reason being the team balance the ability to defend. For example Braun did not have a great game against SDSU earlier this season, he played better in the second half but didnt do much in the first. SDSU has no one who can defend Bjorklund, and when you double he will kick it out to the open shooters. Hopefully the shots fall and the Bison are able to limit Wolters as much as possible.

I wont argue to much on who has been more successful because in reality both programs have done about the same. One march madness appearance and both are 0-1 in the tournament.

Comment

Recent history. You guys started hot last year and fell apart without any injuries. Time will tell.

Comment

Recent history. You guys started hot last year and fell apart without any injuries.
                        There was some major addition by subtraction that happened this offseason. Some players from what I understand weren't exactly team players and created some internal issues.

Comment

You can't feel good about the upcoming trip to B-Town.
                          Well, the two worst DI teams we've had each swept SDSU with Wolters on the floor, so yes, I feel pretty good about the trip. An 85% winning percentage against SDSU doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of Bison fans.

Comment

Comment

Are you talking about SDSU and what happens when Wolters leaves?

Comment

Well, the two worst DI teams we've had each swept SDSU with Wolters on the floor, so yes, I feel pretty good about the trip. An 85% winning percentage against SDSU doesn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of Bison fans.
                                I'm beginning to understand. You're trolling us, right?

Who were the two worst teams that swept SDSU? USD and...?

After Saturday, chances are you will be back here talking Braun was hurt, the refs were terrible, we won the league half a decade ago, 11-3...

Since we are throwing out meaningless percentages, I would put the Bison's chances of making it out of the first round in Sioux Falls at about 20%. If the season ended today, NDSU would play IPFW in round 1. NDSU is 2-5 against IPFW the last 4 seasons. Add in 0-3 in the SL tournament, that's a combined 2-8 against IPFW or tournement opponents. Making stuff up works great in an internet debate.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X