2 out of 3 Aint Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 out of 3 Aint Bad

there's one more game to play and that's in Brookings. Come win that one on our court and I'll try and give the puppies props. otherwise shut the fk up. it's a pitiful little university that has only one goal in life and that is to beat the big school to the north. great recruitment tool. we have one game and one game only we care about, that game is exciting, you may play in an empty arena, dome, pool, name your sport all season but that one game a year when the dome is full of chanting students yelling Hate State and storming the court, field, whatever, is something you will remember the rest of your life. so drop all the other offers to play at a university that cares about the whole season and sets higher goals for its teams and come to the school that only sets one goal Beat State.

Comment

The bar is pretty low. To reclaim superiority, the Jack men will only have to beat the pups by 4 points in the return game in Brookings. (What was the margin last year in Brookings? 30 points? Something like that.) Unlike USD fans, I doubt that SDSU fans will storm the court when the Jacks prevail in Brookings. Save the court-storming for March and the championship of the Summit League tourney.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        4 out of 5 overall. Sounds to me like the Yotes have kind of owned this series of late
        I may not be able to count but I don't get the 4 out of 5. By my count MBB is 2-1 Yotes, WBB is 1-1 and FB IS 1-0. I think that adds to 3 out of 6 or an even split of the big 3. yeah, I guess I could see a Yotie thinking that's a big victory.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

I didn't get the 4 out of 5 either. Guess coyotefan has been hibernating a little too long

Comment

Now it's 4 of 7 for Jacks. I guess this is where we storm the court?
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Yeah, two out of three ain't bad, I guess. The Jacks won this year's football game and women's BB game, and narrowly lost game one in men's BB. That's two out of three. After the second round of BB games, it should be four out of five.That will be even better.
              Last edited by Jacked_Up; 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM.
              This space for lease.

Comment

4 out of 5 overall. Sounds to me like the Yotes have kind of owned this series of late. Maybe they should no longer call this a rivalry. Afterall both teams have to win their share for it to be called a rivalry. Ha-Ha. NDSU was by far the more impressive team of the two.
                Do you ever get tired of seeing and smelling Rabbit rump? The Jacks are the clear leader in D-1 sports in South Dakota and will be for years to come. SDSU was the first university in South Dakota to make the D-1 playoffs in football, women's BB and men's BB. SDSU offers more sports than USD, has a bigger enrollment and a larger fan base. But enjoy the views and smells of second place, courtesy of the Jacks.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Yeah, two out of three ain't bad, I guess. The Jacks won this year's football game and women's BB game, and narrowly lost game one in men's BB. That's two out of three. After the second round of BB games, it should be four out of five.That will be even better.
                  Actually it is 3-3. You have football, soccer, and women's bb. We have men's bb and a sweep in volleyball. My guess is you'll win the men's game in Brookings, but I don't think you have this automatic W in women's in Vermillion.

Comment

4 out of 5 victories for the Coyotes in the last 5 games in the series in Men's basketball. Boot's has won about 5 conference titles since he has been at USD when SDSU was in the same conference, yet almost everyone of them were a shock to people, especially SDSU people. Boots has a pretty good record vs SDSU yet people remain shocked everytime the Coyotes win a game in the series like it is some miracle once in a hundred year upset. For a span Boots went about 10 years straight of not getting swept on the road in a NCC weekend doubleheader. That overfills consistancy to me.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

4 out of 5 victories for the Coyotes in the last 5 games in the series in Men's basketball. Boot's has won about 5 conference titles since he has been at USD when SDSU was in the same conference, yet almost everyone of them were a shock to people, especially SDSU people. Boots has a pretty good record vs SDSU yet people remain shocked everytime the Coyotes win a game in the series like it is some miracle once in a hundred year upset. For a span Boots went about 10 years straight of not getting swept on the road in a NCC weekend doubleheader. That overfills consistancy to me.
                      Oh, i see what you did. The Coyotes apparently won the last 2 games they played in division 2 so you included them. What happened in games before that? Maybe we should include some more games in division 2.

Comment

Congrats on a great season Coyotes! Bye bye now!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I think we did okay in DII as well. Funny, you don't hear us talking about it much anymore...

The Jackrabbits lead the all time series 116-89-1. Now you can tell us the all time football record to complete this idiotic argument.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I agree why talk about the past when the present is apparent and that is the Yotes are coming and their is no stopping the rise. Who is ahead in the Summit standings again?
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I agree why talk about the past when the present is apparent and that is the Yotes are coming and their is no stopping the rise. Who is ahead in the Summit standings again?
                              Who's ahead in the Summit League standings? To an SDSU fan its WIU, NDSU, Oakland, and USD. To a Coyote fan, its USD. Congrats on the win.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The SDSU women are undefeated in the Summit. And I see that SDSU is ahead 5-4 in the South Dakota Showdown, sponsored by the corn organization. The next two events in the showdown are rematches in men's and women's BB. This isn't taking much of a risk, but I predict two wins for the Jacks.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X