Why SDSU > NDSU in basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why SDSU > NDSU in basketball

Awesome thread guys. I enjoyed immensely.

Comment

Students are expected to act in the manner you describe, but I may expect more from adults. The fact that these fellows were in the student section may indicate they are not season ticket holders, but it certainly brings a quality I would not endorse wherever adults may go to games. There were bison folks that I talked to before the game and halftime that were more than hospitable and showed a normal eagerness looking forward to the game at Frisco. Things that come from the mouths of children are often given more latitude and may even be given reinforcement for some uniqueness, but as I stated earlier I would expect a bit more from adults.
      Originally posted by tjbison View Post
      Have you ever been to a game elsewhere than Fargo or Brookings?? My god people at opposing schools will do things like that to get in the heads of the players, you complain yet were probably just fine when your students chanted overrated when our FB team was at your place right??
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Not trying to be a dick here at all most rabbit fans were great but there was two Rabbit fans (both adults) whose behavior was embarrassing. One was just clearly drunk and tried to moonwalk while giving the ndsu fans the L sign...yeah that worked out well for him. The other guy was crying and whining and berating the official after literally every call. I mean come on get over yourself, yeah the refs miss some but no joke every call he was screaming and acting like a major douche that didnt go in the jacks favor. Really annoying and pretty embarrassing.

Not trying to start a pissing match at all just rather pointing out that both sides have their fair share of rude fans. Overall though I had no problem with the Jacks fans, there may not been a lot of you guys but you made noise.

Brookings will be another war, looking forward to it.
        Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Students are expected to act in the manner you describe, but I may expect more from adults. The fact that these fellows were in the student section may indicate they are not season ticket holders, but it certainly brings a quality I would not endorse wherever adults may go to games. There were bison folks that I talked to before the game and halftime that were more than hospitable and showed a normal eagerness looking forward to the game at Frisco. Things that come from the mouths of children are often given more latitude and may even be given reinforcement for some uniqueness, but as I stated earlier I would expect a bit more from adults.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
          Brookings will be another war, looking forward to it.
          I would hope so and yes we have some di*kheads too.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            Awesome thread guys. I enjoyed immensely.
            Now pulling out a close win added to the awesomeness of the thread did it not?

Comment

Originally posted by nidaros View Post
              i would hope so and yes we have some di*kheads too.
              what? An admission? Holy smokes

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Now pulling out a close win added to the awesomeness of the thread did it not?
                To be honest, I expected SDSU to win...this was a nice surprise.

Comment

Got to admit we lost it fair and squarely. Who is the color guy working with Scott Miller? He was okay until he took Heemstra apart.

Comment

Atleast ndsu fans can't blame the refs for this game.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                      Not trying to be a dick here at all most rabbit fans were great but there was two Rabbit fans (both adults) whose behavior was embarrassing. One was just clearly drunk and tried to moonwalk while giving the ndsu fans the L sign...yeah that worked out well for him. The other guy was crying and whining and berating the official after literally every call. I mean come on get over yourself, yeah the refs miss some but no joke every call he was screaming and acting like a major douche that didnt go in the jacks favor. Really annoying and pretty embarrassing.Not trying to start a pissing match at all just rather pointing out that both sides have their fair share of rude fans. Overall though I had no problem with the Jacks fans, there may not been a lot of you guys but you made noise.Brookings will be another war, looking forward to it.
                      Sounds like lakesbison bought himself some Jackrabbits gear. I do wear blue and yellow glasses but I hope you understand that is the exception and not the norm with jacks fans

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Got to admit we lost it fair and squarely. Who is the color guy working with Scott Miller? He was okay until he took Heemstra apart.
                        If it sounded like his mouth was stuffed with cotton and included a monotone tendency, that would be Jeremy Jorgenson, our director of sales and broadcasting. The guy does okay behind the scenes(we hired him away from Montana), but he's a total idiot behind the microphone. I love that we produce our own radio broadcasts so that we can get the games on over a dozen radio stations, but that decision led to JJ on the sidelines for FB & BB because his services are effectively free(as opposed to hiring an outside media personality). Major downgrade in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                          If it sounded like his mouth was stuffed with cotton and included a monotone tendency, that would be Jeremy Jorgenson, our director of sales and broadcasting. The guy does okay behind the scenes(we hired him away from Montana), but he's a total idiot behind the microphone. I love that we produce our own radio broadcasts so that we can get the games on over a dozen radio stations, but that decision led to JJ on the sidelines for FB & BB because his services are effectively free(as opposed to hiring an outside media personality). Major downgrade in that respect.
                          Nothing wrong in cutting costs, but JJ complained about Heemstra complaining about the foul calls he was getting a little out of line. Marcus Heemstra is one hell of baseball pitcher and great guy, so he questions a call, that does not make the monster nor less of person that JJ was claiming him to be. I think he was trying to rial the Bison faithful with those comments. I would hope WNAX would not offer comments about the Bison in this manner. Tyler has more sense than that. Often he works with out a color person and I think Scott Miller does much better without JJ. My oh My.

Comment

Nate Wolter$@FakeNateWolters
                            Summit League Tournament Trivia: The SDSU men have won more Summit League tournament games today than the NDSU men have in the last 3 years.
                            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                              Nate Wolter$@FakeNateWolters
                              Summit League Tournament Trivia: The SDSU men have won more Summit League tournament games today than the NDSU men have in the last 3 years.
                              and the NDSU men have more wins in the Summit leage at 63 than the SDSU at 58 since they both joined the league
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

They also have the nominations for 2 of the worst halfs played in 2012-13 after tonight. Maybe they were just giving the Roos a glimmer of hope for a win their last Summit game. Then it was a great half!!
                                Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                                and the NDSU men have more wins in the Summit leage at 63 than the SDSU at 58 since they both joined the league
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X