Welcome to the Missouri Valley!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to the Missouri Valley!

It was a perfect storm that sent the coyotes to this dismal season. They knew it was coming. Lost 22 seniors and redshirted all but 2 of their new recruits. Fired the coach that recruited them and hired a guy that could handle a 1-10 season and still come out with a positive outlook. Not sure what Glenn has in mind to turn things around. We will see.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      I know this is a smack thread but we almost lost to a 3-5 team from that easier conference(UC Davis). I dont think the Big Sky is that much easier. Sorry to ruin the smack.
      UC Davis was a weird team this year. You know that team that always does just enough to win the game? Well they always did just enough to lose regardless of the caliber of team they were playing.

Against the 3 Big Sky playoff teams, UC Davis lost to EWU by 3, Montana State by 7, and Cal Poly by 8.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Coyote announcers also thought that Stig was the offensive coordinator, that NDSU had won three MVFC titles, and that cornerbacks should be called for pass interference any time they establish position at the expense of the receiver, no matter how they do it.

The Coyote announcers--especially the color guy--are not great ambassadors for the program.

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
          This thread is funny. And for the record the Bison and Jacks respect each other. I hate to lose to them but I actually root for them. I was glad to see them whoop the Yotes ass.

The team formerly known as Sioux, all Bison fans hate and root for failure.

The Yotes, well we just sort of feel sorry for you.

Too bad we can't play the Sioux now because we would beat them 90-0. They may actually be worse that than the Yotes.
          Leave it up to you to bring the ####X in to this...goood lord
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            Coyote announcers also thought that Stig was the offensive coordinator, that NDSU had won three MVFC titles, and that cornerbacks should be called for pass interference any time they establish position at the expense of the receiver, no matter how they do it.

The Coyote announcers--especially the color guy--are not great ambassadors for the program.
            Coyote announcers, IMHO, are actually worse that the Augie announcers. SDSU is fortunate to have a good broadcast team representing.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

It would be comical but they are so poorly informed it is simply embarrassing. I did like the guy that was doing the Gonzaga vs USD game on the radio Sunday. It wasn't Van Gore or Rouste. Van Gore has received a lot of accolades for announcing but I think most have been at the high school level. I am, of course, biased like most on the forum and that likely is affecting my impressions.

I did not hear any of the call on the radio for the game Saturday. If they really said that SDSU struggled in the MVFC that is just not correct and only further contributes to the false impressions of most coyote fans. Same with Stig and the Jackrabbit offense. Stig has minimal input on offense.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                So NDSU and SDSU went a combined 10-6 in the Valley their first year. I would call that anything but struggling. The USD radio guys keep insinuating that both schools struggled when they first got into the Valley which simply is not true. It sets the wrong example and tries to excuse the Coyotes season this year with false information. I find it amazing how much of a lack of an uproad and backlash is coming from Coyote Fans this year. It's as if they don't really care, which in many cases is the truth.
                Thing is, except for the Jacks and NDSU, you guys were "in" every MVC game this year, right? Not like you were constantly blown out. A 4-7, 3-5 season was achievable with some break, which would have been comparable to NDSU's first year. As much as the two schools like to riff on one another, it does neither good, for the rivalry, if one is a perennial MVC dog.

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
                  In 2008, NDSU's first season in the Valley- lost 4 conference games by a combined 24 points. SDSU knocked them out of the playoffs in the last game on a game deciding 2 point conversion and went on to make the playoffs. The team was better than their record.

USD lost to NDSU and SDSU by a combined score of 85-8. They also lost to Indiana State 45-14. Not even competitive.

In 2009 we sucked but we were at least somewhat competitive and much better than our record. We lost 7 games by a combined 58 points including 3 on last second drives. We lost a ton of guys... 7 players who went on to the NFL including 2 guys who are still NFL starters.
                  Puhh-lease. You guys go 13-0 and think you are better than your record.
                  A team IS it's record.
                  But, since you brought it up, USD lost five conference game by 19 points this year, which was even better in the horseshoes-and-hand-grenade-we'd-have-been-better-if-those-inferior-teams-hadn't-gotten-lucky-and-outscored-us rationalizaton of that '08 team. So the Yotes beat you, 5-4, in the Shoulda Won Bowl.
                  Hey, the Yotes have something to put on their next billboard!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    So the Yotes beat you, 5-4, in the Shoulda Won Bowl.
                    ROFL. Rep.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                    X