USeD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USeD

Was it two or three years ago when a certain coyote fan was bragging on one of these boards about how USD had caught and was passing SDSU in football? That's looking every bit as ridiculous now as it did then. How's a 1-10 start to the Joe Glenn era going to play? Well, cheer up, there's always mens and womens basketball. Tee-hee.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Please don't bring back the infamous D-1 pendelum swinging thread haha. It is getting harder to compare the fan interest because USD's record makes it less likely for people to follow along or stay on but todays live chat statistics from the Argus Leader.

USD: 71 viewers for a road game where most of the USD fans were all back home.
      SDSU 353 viewers on the live chat even with 14,966 fans in the stadium instead of online at home.

Not that live chat stats are everything but SDSU consistently demonstrates more fan interest which leads to more Argus Leader coverage.

Comment

Understand the gloating here given the brickbats Jacks took going to D1 first, but ultimately, don't we need USD to be competitive to make the rivalry real again? Or is it gone for good, and NDSU is that rival?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Understand the gloating here given the brickbats Jacks took going to D1 first, but ultimately, don't we need USD to be competitive to make the rivalry real again? Or is it gone for good, and NDSU is that rival?
          A little bit of shine will definitely be gone from the rivalry because of this. However, we all know that strange things can happen in those hyped-up rivalry games (see Vermillion last winter - twice). Rivalry aside, I think the whole conference is better off if USD gets their act together. I'm sure they eventually will, but this season has been even rougher than I thought for USD.

Comment

Good points on USD's success. If the MVFC expects to have several playoff spots each year, we need all teams in position to win the out-of-conference games and then show in-conference that each team is a great football team in spite of its win/loss record.

Comment

I think there is too much angst about the USD FB teams performance this year. They lost 22 (I think) seniors from a team that entered the best conference in the FCS ranks. They have an inexperienced QB behind and inexperienced O-line and a secondary that is almost all new. They have a head coach that was happily retired and turned down the job when first asked. What was everyone expecting?

I had them winning 2 games at home and they should have. It isn't time to panic. The freshman QB came in late yesterday and lit it up. Sure, it was garbage time but I'm guessing he is going to take the majority of snaps from here on. Terry and Powell are great WR's and the RB's are decent. The O-line is young and I'm not sure all that talented. It ugly and painful right now for USD fans, it will get better, it has to.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Has anybody seen the "Screw the U" tshirts? They are hilarious
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  A little bit of shine will definitely be gone from the rivalry because of this. However, we all know that strange things can happen in those hyped-up rivalry games (see Vermillion last winter - twice). Rivalry aside, I think the whole conference is better off if USD gets their act together. I'm sure they eventually will, but this season has been even rougher than I thought for USD.
                  Totally agree. And good point on rivalry games taking weird turns. That home game in a couple weeks might be tougher than many people think.

Comment

Poor USD fans. They are enduring the most painful kind of smack. Jackrabbit fans feel sorry for them and are propping up the Coyotes. That's really got to hurt.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Poor USD fans. They are enduring the most painful kind of smack. Jackrabbit fans feel sorry for them and are propping up the Coyotes. That's really got to hurt.
                      The biggest game of the season always was the SDSU game and it will be again this year. A victory at CAS would satisfy the vast majority of USD fans and most would consider the year a success.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        The biggest game of the season always was the SDSU game and it will be again this year. A victory at CAS would satisfy the vast majority of USD fans and most would consider the year a success.
                        Not most I am sure that is the only game the fans have cared about since before the season started. That's all they care about.

See: USD men's bball home game win fan reaction
                        Last edited by witness; 10-28-2012, 06:38 PM.
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I agree with Jackmd that no doubt USD lost a bunch from last year. However the one big thing I heard was going to change was the mental mistakes from years before, the second half collapses and more effort. Those are still there, and until they can change those I don't have too much confidence in them turning it around. In the games I've watched it looked like more then just inexperience.

I believe though if Joe Glenn is serious about coaching and I have no reason to believe that he isn't that he can turn it around in the next 2-3-4 years. He knows the JuCo's and from all signs he is a good recruiter.

Comment

I agree completely. I've been watching USD / State games for years and beating the Jacks always makes their year regardless of the wins and losses in the balance of their season. You would have thought they just won the national championship after beating the Jacks last year in Vermillion. In fact I think the Jacks coaching staff sometimes plays the State / U games down way to much and it hurt us last year with both the men and women at USD. We did not appear ready to play and the Coyote players were all amped up.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            Not most I am surere that is the only game the fans have cared about since before the season started. That's all they care about.

See: USD men's bball home game win fan reaction

Comment

[QUOTE=Jacked_Up;210879]Poor USD fans. They are enduring the most painful kind of smack. Jackrabbit fans feel sorry for them and are propping up the Coyotes. That's really got to hurt.[/QUOTE

Let me be very clear about this - THIS Jackrabbit fan does NOT feel sorry for the Coyotes. I think USD and some of their fans felt all they had to do was show up in the Valley and win games. We found out that it does not work that way. The Valley is a tough - tough conference as the Yotes are now finding out.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                Doc, we certainly disagree at times but I have always respected your posts for the most part because they are thought out and have substance. But this argument that beating SDSU will make our season a success is a bunch of crap and you know it. I for one am majorly disappointed with our season. I am almost in shock. I never underestimated the Valley because I had been to Illinois State and NDSU the past couple of years so I knew what was coming. Although I knew we weren't ready to compete for a playoff spot, I did think we were better than 2-3 teams. That isn't proving true.Your fans want to beat us as bad as anyone, and you know it. I work daily with Jack fans and they are salivating for 11-17. The only thing a USD win would do is take a finite amount of sting to what has been a rotten season. For your kids sake I hope thy keep winning. But don't let down your guard that last game or We will beat your ass. That would be a tough pill to swallow

Comment

Working...
                                X