Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USeD

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Completely my bad on the name. I looked it up too, to make sure I got it right, and then spelled it wrong.I believe this, that Justin Sell, would leave for a better job, now I don't think he is out there shopping for a new job. I don't think he is using SDSU as a stepping stone. Which is what I believe Sayler is doing or is planning on doing as soon as he gets his funding in place.Again SORRY for the mis-spelling or misunderstanding of the name (I'll change it)
    What makes you say Sayler is leaving as soon as funding is in place? Do you know something?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      What makes you say Sayler is leaving as soon as funding is in place? Do you know something?
      Joeboo, our BHSU friend, occasionally states his 'belief' which may or may not have a basis in fact..

Comment

I'm implying that he will be looking for jobs as soon as its in place, because that would be an accomplishment, resume builder, etc. Not that as soon as its done, he will be gone, but as soon as its in place his name will be coming up for bigger jobs.

Comment

My friend past history would suggest that a very positive guy like Sayler can quickly become frustrated with lack of support from the administration particularily, but I do admit that President Abbott seems to recognize the past and does seem to be supportive so that frustration is less likely to occur. Where is Joe Neilsen? And why was he looking for something better? Dont tell me he beat his wife and the story is not out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            My friend past history would suggest that a very positive guy like Sayler can quickly become frustrated with lack of support from the administration particularily, but I do admit that President Abbott seems to recognize the past and does seem to be supportive so that frustration is less likely to occur. Where is Joe Neilsen? And why was he looking for something better? Dont tell me he beat his wife and the story is not out yet.
            Lack of support from administration is not the problem, in fact, it's quite the opposite. President Abbott has done great things for athletics and Sayler and the fans are direct beneficiaries of such support. To my knowledge, Sayler loves USD I imagine as much as Sell loves SDSU. Your fan base is broader and at this point far more supportive. If anything frustrates him, I am guessing it is the conservative (borderline tight fisted) ways of our fans. I personally wold be shocked if he left in the next 3 years, but if opportunity knocks, then he might. I would guess much like Sell. The only way you ever get an AD to "ride into sunset with that job" is to hire an alum that wants to give back to a school he/she loves. Regarding Nielsen, that is a case where he fooled a lot of people. He is at Kent State and off our payroll. Both parties are happy. Sayler is 10 times the AD Nielsen was. And lastly, if anyone were to beat their spouse in that marriage, it would have been Sharon beating on Joel. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Joeboo, our BHSU friend, occasionally states his 'belief' which may or may not have a basis in fact..
              That explains SNELL

Comment

Lack of support from administration is not the problem, in fact, it's quite the opposite. President Abbott has done great things for athletics and Sayler and the fans are direct beneficiaries of such support. To my knowledge, Sayler loves USD I imagine as much as Sell loves SDSU. Your fan base is broader and at this point far more supportive. If anything frustrates him, I am guessing it is the conservative (borderline tight fisted) ways of our fans. I personally wold be shocked if he left in the next 3 years, but if opportunity knocks, then he might. I would guess much like Sell. The only way you ever get an AD to "ride into sunset with that job" is to hire an alum that wants to give back to a school he/she loves. Regarding Nielsen, that is a case where he fooled a lot of people. He is at Kent State and off our payroll. Both parties are happy. Sayler is 10 times the AD Nielsen was. And lastly, if anyone were to beat their spouse in that marriage, it would have been Sharon beating on Joel. Haha
                Ever heard of ID Weeks? There was a loser if there is one, but thats ancient history, and guys like him help explain why USD is now trying to catchup with MOO U. I guess wife beating only occurs at SDSU. Yes Sayler appears to be the man at USD.
                You guys are lucky to have Abbott, he knows the history between SDSU and USD. He would have been a great governor too.
                Just having some fun here, its a smack thread after all.

Comment

Five days until the long over-hyped USD-NDSU game at Howard Wood, and there are still 2,000 tickets available. What's with that? This could be a dud of a promotional event for USD, unless those campaign trainees from Fargo blow the game. There can't be two losers, so I'm quietly cheering for the Coyotes to win.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                    Sayler won't be around long. USD is a stepping stone for him. If he gets the $$$ raised that will be good for USD and will be his ticket to a better gig.
                    You are most likely correct. I just hope Sayler is here until the facility improvements are set in stone. If he is South Dakota owes a huge debt of gratitude. He brough in a fresh outsiders perspective that may not have been the same outlook as the same old, same old clan of backscratchers.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                      You are most likely correct. I just hope Sayler is here until the facility improvements are set in stone. If he is South Dakota owes a huge debt of gratitude. He brough in a fresh outsiders perspective that may not have been the same outlook as the same old, same old clan of backscratchers.
                      Who are the Backscrathers? I thought they left with ID Weeks but maybe some of them bred and a new generation is in place scratching backs.

Comment

Some universities welcome all, while others seem to concentrate on the elite. Over the years, I have enjoyed the free publications that I receive because of my free lifetime membership in the SDSU Alumni Association. During that time, my donations have grown along with donations from many other alumni. Recently, while trying to help a Coyote fan find a place in the Black Hills where Coyote fans congregate to watch football together (I failed to find any actual Coyote sports fans among the alumni I contacted) I perused the USD Alumni Association site. I was surprised to discover that lifetime membership in their organization costs $1000.00.

I also have enjoyed free burgers, hot dogs, ice cream, and beer (Thanks for having Shiner Bock by the way) at the SDSU Alumni Association tailgate tent. (I always stuff at least $5-10 in the donation box.) I was surprised when I looked on USD's game day information today to find the following: "A Hospitality Tent will be set up for Howling Pack members who are Silver Club level and higher and others who have a Coyote Landing wristband. Complimentary food and beverages will be served starting at 4pm inside this tent but you must bring your Coyote Landing wristband to gain access."

Now, I know that there are places where especially generous SDSU alumni and fans are welcomed for which I do not receive an invitation, but I have never felt that I was not welcome at alumni celebrations and events unless I was willing to ante up more dollars. I will keep my place among the common masses!
                        Last edited by West-River_Jack; 10-20-2012, 10:26 AM. Reason: a little improvement on grammar and spelling
                        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                          Some universities welcome all, while others seem to concentrate on the elite. Over the years, I have enjoyed the free publications that I receive because of my free lifetime membership in the SDSU Alumni Association. During that time, my donations have grown along with donations from many other alumni. Recently, while trying to help a Coyote fan find a place in the Black Hills where Coyote fans congregate to watch football together (I failed to find any actual Coyote sports fans among the alumni I contacted) I perused the USD Alumni Association site. I was surprised to discover that lifetime membership in their organization costs $1000.00.

I also have enjoyed free burgers, hot dogs, ice cream, and beer (Thanks for having Shiner Bock by the way) at the SDSU Alumni Association tailgate tent. (I always stuff at least $5-10 in the donation box.) I was surprised when I looked on USD's game day information today to find the following: "A Hospitality Tent will be set up for Howling Pack members who are Silver Club level and higher and others who have a Coyote Landing wristband. Complimentary food and beverages will be served starting at 4pm inside this tent but you must bring your Coyote Landing wristband to gain access."

Now, I know that there are places where especially generous SDSU alumni and fans are welcomed for which I do not receive an invitation, but I have never felt that I was not welcome at alumni celebrations and events unless I was willing to ante up more dollars. I will keep my place among the common masses!
                          Interesting stuff.

I'm not even an alumni and have always felt very welcome at any alumni gathering I've been to. I can't say for certain what impact that has had on me being a season ticket holder and general die-hard SDSU fan. Great job by the SDSU Alumni Association at looking at the bigger picture.

Imagine a USD graduate who is attending the NDSU game today who tries to connect with the Alumni Association only to be asked to show my wrist band or make a donation. Pretty hard to lure an apathetic fan base that way.

From USD's perspective, its hard to turn down that revenue after you grow accustomed to banking it.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Here's to hoping for a close game today. Like 56-10 Bison!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Interesting stuff.

I'm not even an alumni and have always felt very welcome at any alumni gathering I've been to. I can't say for certain what impact that has had on me being a season ticket holder and general die-hard SDSU fan. Great job by the SDSU Alumni Association at looking at the bigger picture.

Imagine a USD graduate who is attending the NDSU game today who tries to connect with the Alumni Association only to be asked to show my wrist band or make a donation. Pretty hard to lure an apathetic fan base that way.

From USD's perspective, its hard to turn down that revenue after you grow accustomed to banking it.
                              You can never have too many friends, especially if you are the alumi association at SDSU. I have had people who like yourself, who were afraid to enter the tent because they were not alums. The alumni association is a purely a social group for Grads, and Friends of SDSU. Apparently USD has taken another approach which kind of explains why they are always in second place in the hearts of SD citizens.

Comment

I believe I have heard 89rabbit use the term "friend raising" multiple times. I believe our alumni association does a great job of that.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X