USeD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USeD

SDSU is in sole possession of first place in the MVFC. USD is in sole possession of last place in the MVFC. All is right in the world.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Things are going from bad to worse for the Yotes. Only one true home game left,and they still have to play all the top teams in the Valley. And it won't be a very happy herd of Bison that roll into Howard Wood next Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Golden Boy Glenn has a very long leash. I expect a more competitive program at USD coming down the road. Unless Joe has health issues, I would expect him to be given a big opportunity to improve the program.
        I wasn't thinking USD would can him...I was thinking what if he doesn't want to come back? Being a State employee, he's only on a 1 year contract.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          I wasn't thinking USD would can him...I was thinking what if he doesn't want to come back? Being a State employee, he's only on a 1 year contract.
          Joe is a competitor, he will be back, only health issues would prevent that. I think we learned that during the NCC days and his run at UNC.

Comment

Golden Boy Glenn has a very long leash. I expect a more competitive program at USD coming down the road. Unless Joe has health issues, I would expect him to be given a big opportunity to improve the program.
            I don't think Coach Glenn was hired to be a long term coach. Two years maximum than he will turn the team over to one of the assistants and I think as planned? I don't think he wanted the job very badly in the first place. That's how badly they wanted to dispose of the past head coach.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
              I don't think Coach Glenn was hired to be a long term coach. Two years maximum than he will turn the team over to one of the assistants and I think as planned? I don't think he wanted the job very badly in the first place. That's how badly they wanted to dispose of the past head coach.

GBGBGJ
              How many head coaches can sing the school song on key? , Joe can. I think you are right he was a stop gap so to speak, but in the long run, its going to cost them. I imagine Beeschomer is in the wings getting ready to take over. Do they have it in the budget, to hire someone outside?

Comment

SDSU fans have every right to lay the smack down on the Yotes right now. I am not going to deny that things are not looking well in Coyoteville right now. If Joe Glenn was brought in just for a few years to hand the reigns down to an assistant that is a huge mistake because there is no assistant on the roster even close to being worthy of a head coaching gig. Wes Beschorner is in way over his head right now. He would be the most likely candidate. Luckily I think the most important spot at USD is filled with the right guy in David Sayler. He is a no nonsense kind of guy. I don't think he is going to allow the culture of back scratching to continue. Sayler is basically going to do the impossible and that is to get nearly 60 million dollars worth of facility improvements to be a reality when most people involved with USD thought that was a pipe dream. Those improvement will only go to improve the desirability of athletes to choose to come to the U of SD.

Eventhough this is a smack thread congrats on the fast start for the Jacks.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                  I don't think Coach Glenn was hired to be a long term coach. Two years maximum than he will turn the team over to one of the assistants and I think as planned? I don't think he wanted the job very badly in the first place. That's how badly they wanted to dispose of the past head coach.GBGBGJ
                  From what I've heard he promised them 4 yrs.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The understanding I heard from Vermillion was that he said he'd come in and coach up to 4 years and hand it off to some of the assistants that are on the staff. The way they are going and the problems I have heard, I'm beginning to wonder if those assistants will be around next year yet in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                      SDSU fans have every right to lay the smack down on the Yotes right now. I am not going to deny that things are not looking well in Coyoteville right now. If Joe Glenn was brought in just for a few years to hand the reigns down to an assistant that is a huge mistake because there is no assistant on the roster even close to being worthy of a head coaching gig. Wes Beschorner is in way over his head right now. He would be the most likely candidate. Luckily I think the most important spot at USD is filled with the right guy in David Sayler. He is a no nonsense kind of guy. I don't think he is going to allow the culture of back scratching to continue. Sayler is basically going to do the impossible and that is to get nearly 60 million dollars worth of facility improvements to be a reality when most people involved with USD thought that was a pipe dream. Those improvement will only go to improve the desirability of athletes to choose to come to the U of SD.

Eventhough this is a smack thread congrats on the fast start for the Jacks.
                      Sayler won't be around long. USD is a stepping stone for him. If he gets the $$$ raised that will be good for USD and will be his ticket to a better gig.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        Sayler won't be around long. USD is a stepping stone for him. If he gets the $$$ raised that will be good for USD and will be his ticket to a better gig.
                        Sayler strikes me as an upward and onward guy no doubt. Some one who comes from Rice and other places feels a loyality to Verminland? I bet he can't wait to put his house up for sale and move on to bigger fish.

Comment

I just think thats the name of the game with lower level schools. I'm sure Sell at SDSU would take a higher job as well.

As far as how quickly Sayler will leave IDK, though he has done very well with fundraising, USD hasn't exactly lit it up on the field and isn't a large athletic department (not as many sports as a SDSU). I have nothing against Sayler, I just wouldn't expect him to be at USD for 10+ years.
                          Last edited by joeboo22; 10-14-2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            I just think thats the name of the game with lower level schools. I'm sure Snell at SDSU would take a higher job as well.

As far as how quickly Sayler will leave IDK, though he has done very well with fundraising, USD hasn't exactly lit it up on the field and isn't a large athletic department (not as many sports as a SDSU). I have nothing against Sayler, I just wouldn't expect him to be at USD for 10+ years.
                            Its Justin Sell not SNELL Come on Joe, you are the expert on SDSU Athletics.
                            After sitting in on AD Sell presentation yesterday on the new facility that is in the works, I dont see him going anywhere soon. He seems very motivated to see this facility and the staduim come to into existence. The way he explained it yesterday, SDSU Family has to build trust with the BOR, and that started with the Dykhouse and Sanford donations and the Dykhouse center. Now the Indoor facility and then comes the staduim which will be done with a 20 year financing bond, and repaid with naming rights and corporate boxes. It's going to happen with Sell or without him. Its part of a 25 year plan.

Comment

Actually Justin Sell

Comment

Its Justin Sell not SNELL Come on Joe, you are the expert on SDSU Athletics.
                                After sitting in on AD Sell presentation yesterday on the new facility that is in the works, I dont see him going anywhere soon. He seems very motivated to see this facility and the staduim come to into existence. The way he explained it yesterday, SDSU Family has to build trust with the BOR, and that started with the Dykhouse and Sanford donations and the Dykhouse center. Now the Indoor facility and then comes the staduim which will be done with a 20 year financing bond, and repaid with naming rights and corporate boxes. It's going to happen with Sell or without him. Its part of a 25 year plan.
                                Completely my bad on the name. I looked it up too, to make sure I got it right, and then spelled it wrong.

I believe this, that Justin Sell, would leave for a better job, now I don't think he is out there shopping for a new job. I don't think he is using SDSU as a stepping stone. Which is what I believe Sayler is doing or is planning on doing as soon as he gets his funding in place.

Again SORRY for the mis-spelling or misunderstanding of the name (I'll change it)

Comment

Working...
                                X