Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD v SDSU Trophy?

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    I'm in the no camp. I would have to think the sting that would be left after losing to those asshats would be enough. I can see USD wanting one as a show of their moral victory after beating us every one in ten years.

I'd just assume never see someone in red holding a trophy. Geez, just threw up a bit right there. May it never happen!

GB, GB, GJ! Pound the pups!

SUPERBUNNY
    Much better post for the smack section than mine. I rescind my comments and endorse those of SB.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm in the no camp. I would have to think the sting that would be left after losing to those asshats would be enough. I can see USD wanting one as a show of their moral victory after beating us every one in ten years.

I'd just assume never see someone in red holding a trophy. Geez, just threw up a bit right there. May it never happen!

GB, GB, GJ! Pound the pups!

SUPERBUNNY
      I voted yes but this is pretty persuasive. Can I pull back my vote?

I was going to suggest the prize be a traveling in-your-face mobile billboard, but then realized that's already been tried.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post

I was going to suggest the prize be a traveling in-your-face mobile billboard, but then realized that's already been tried.
        You forgot one thing, the billboard has to advertise a home game for the other team.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post

Traveling billboard that advertises the loser of the game playing the next "home" game on a neutral field. That would be insane.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Play for the Sanford cup that is filled with $$ from T Denny. The cup can be a traveling trophy, but the money stays.
            USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
              Play for the Sanford cup that is filled with $$ from T Denny. The cup can be a traveling trophy, but the money stays.
              Would the winning team's institution be required to change their name to Sanford University for that year? Oh wait, one already did that permanently.

Comment

In keeping with the Campenile being the" Prick of the Prairie" and the Dome being the" Breast of the West" make it the Golden Underwear Trophy, A golden jock and bra side by side.

Comment

I'm in the no camp. I would have to think the sting that would be left after losing to those asshats would be enough. I can see USD wanting one as a show of their moral victory after beating us every one in ten years.I'd just assume never see someone in red holding a trophy. Geez, just threw up a bit right there. May it never happen!GB, GB, GJ! Pound the pups!SUPERBUNNY
                  ASSHATS? Wow, smack at its best with still a month to go. SUPERBUNNY, I have a little bit of cash set aside that I would be willing to wager on your comment about USD getting one win in ten years. Let's take this private, message back and forth, and I'll even accept JackJD to handle the paperwork, money, and distribution. I was planning on retiring in 10 years, but if this wager would get big enough, I could maybe go earlier. This asshat wants some of that action. What say you SUPERNUNNY? Willing to put your money where the mouth is?

Comment

JackJD, would you be willing to be third party in a wager between SUPERBUNNY and Asshat? I mean YFE

Comment

Sports betting isn't legal in SD.

Comment

I dont know how but I voted twice here, or maybe I did not submit my first vote, and I returned today to vote yes again only it did not work, so must have forgotten submit the first vote.

Any who, and two teams that have played as long and as often as SDSU-USD should have a trophy. Seems like the Big Ten has a number of trophy games. Off hand I dont recall them except Minnesota-Mich has the The Little Brown Jug game. Iowa-Minnesota has one as does Indiana-Purdue and a bunch of others. The point is that tradition with USD goes way back and adding a trophy would add some interest, or maybe I am just old fashioned and stuck in the past.

Enjoy the youtube below:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxmZ5sabk7U

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I dont know how but I voted twice here, or maybe I did not submit my first vote, and I returned today to vote yes again only it did not work, so must have forgotten submit the first vote.

Any who, and two teams that have played as long and as often as SDSU-USD should have a trophy. Seems like the Big Ten has a number of trophy games. Off hand I dont recall them except Minnesota-Mich has the The Little Brown Jug game. Iowa-Minnesota has one as does Indiana-Purdue and a bunch of others. The point is that tradition with USD goes way back and adding a trophy would add some interest, or maybe I am just old fashioned and stuck in the past.

Enjoy the youtube below:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxmZ5sabk7U
                          All sports, not just football, are going to compete for the "corn cob" trophy. You heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            All sports, not just football, are going to compete for the "corn cob" trophy. You heard it here first.
                            Since SDSU has what, 5-6 more D-1 programs, might as well build a permanent trophy-case for the thing!!

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                              Since SDSU has what, 5-6 more D-1 programs, might as well build a permanent trophy-case for the thing!!

Go Jacks!!
                              Fringe sports like baseball and wrestling don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                Fringe sports like baseball and wrestling don't count.
                                "Fringe" sports...yeah...USD people would consider Baseball a "fringe" sport. But then again based on attendence, an outsider looking in would think their fans consider all of their sports..."fringe".

Go Jacks!!
                                Last edited by propar80; 08-02-2012, 10:22 AM.
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X