Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison score without ball

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Its almost like we care about more than one opponent... Weird, huh?
    Truthfully? Yes, it is weird. Sorry. The highest percentage of posters in here have a deep rooted dislike (hate) for USD, and I get it. But almost the same percentage align themselves with the Bison almost as if it is hero worship, and that I don't get. You would rather have NDSU beat USD? Why?

Comment

I guess I'm the oddball because I don't hate USD or NDSU. I find some fans from each fanbase annoying (as well as some SDSU fans) but I cheer for both schools when they aren't playing SDSU.

And I'm pretty sure no one here "worships" NDSU. I think there is respect because both schools made the move to D1 together and developed a rivalry based on necessity. That type of rivalry does not really gear itself towards hate.

Honestly, the most satisfying win that happened in the past year, for me, was the men's basketball win in Fargo. For other people, I'm sure it was the SL championship game. No one on this board would say the most satisfying win was against USD. No one.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        Truthfully? Yes, it is weird. Sorry. The highest percentage of posters in here have a deep rooted dislike (hate) for USD, and I get it. But almost the same percentage align themselves with the Bison almost as if it is hero worship, and that I don't get. You would rather have NDSU beat USD? Why?
        Simple, better dead then red.

Comment

Originally posted by montanarabbit View Post
          simple, better dead then red.
          u-s-a! U-s-a! U-s-a!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Simple, better dead then red.
            That's fine. But remember when you played Western Illinois in the Summit finals and you were playing like crap? There was a large contingent of USD fans there cheering on the Jacks when you sat on your hands. I felt like we were at a USD home game for a minute. I for one will never cheer for the Bison when playing a South Dakota team. Never.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
              u-s-a! U-s-a! U-s-a!
              That's a good one. I was trying to think of something that was in the same category as the post. I score one point for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                u-s-a! U-s-a! U-s-a!
                Did you really mean....U-S-D, U-s-D, U-S-D ?

Comment

Not sure where you developed your comprehension skills,but you might want to ask for a refund. Many posters here congratulated the Bison fans who post here after their FCS championship,which was deserved. Not sure that much love has been exchanged other than that.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Just for record it was Morrill Act (not to be confused with John Morrell & Co. ) and it passed in this incredible burst of legislative activity over six weeks in the summer of 1862 that included the Homestead Act, authorization of the transcontinental railroad, and banning of polygamy (they had their social issues then, too). In that same stretch Lincoln freed slaves in D.C. and territories, a precursor of the Emancipation Proclamation. On top of all of that, the Seven Days' battle raged right in the middle of this legislative activity in Congress, a battle that was so brutal and so inconclusive both sides were forced to realize that the Civil War was not going to end any time soon. Contrast to today's Congress.
                    Of course, it's worth noting that all three of those acts had been bottled up (some for over a decade) due to the slave state/free state deadlock in the Senate. Slave states didn't want the homestead act and the transcontinental railroad because they understood (correctly) that these would dramatically swell the number of free states in the northwest. They opposed the idea of broadly accessible higher ed because of their own toxic corruption of England's antique landed gentry class.

The Missouri Compromise is also a great antidote for Texans and Californians who get all high and mighty about the size and wealth of their respective states. Those states are accidents of geography that stem from the Missouri Compromise. Their borders were fixed expansively in order to limit senate votes for slave and free states respectively.

Comment

Did you really mean....U-S-D, U-s-D, U-S-D ?
                      Nope, Better Dead than Red!
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I think your affiliation may be effecting your viewpoint.

I'm a Vikings fan. The Packers are rivals and supposed to be "hated" (for some reason). As a football fan, its pretty hard to argue with the results the Packers have on the field. Hence, they have earned my respect. Not that different than the SDSU/NDSU/USD thing.

Some SDSU fans do hate USD. Some also hate NDSU. The educated/level headed fans with an understanding of both situations and histories probably don't feel that way toward either school.

As to the NDSU/USD game, I'm not sure who I would want to win. I'll probably reserve judgement until I know what the conference standings are like on that particular day. Although if pressed I would probably say at this point in time I will be rooting for USD.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Remember in this politically correct world that a school district in Texas has ruled that chanting" USA, USA, USA" is a racist chant and should not be used or tolerated as it hurts the feelings of those born in Me-xi-co, Me-xi-co.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            Remember in this politically correct world that a school district in Texas has ruled that chanting" USA, USA, USA" is a racist chant and should not be used or tolerated as it hurts the feelings of those born in Me-xi-co, Me-xi-co.
                            In that case.... Kiss-my-a**! Kiss-my-a**!

That's a shout-out to all the PC-yahoos out there.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

PC stuff annoys me. As does limiting rights/free speech. But if you don't think chanting "U-S-A" can be used or meant in a derisive way then I don't know what to say.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Why in the heck should Jackrabbit fans feel the least bit compelled to defend their like or dislike of USD or NDSU or any other flawed rival on a SDSU fan board, especially on the smack thread? Maybe it's some kind of Midwestern/Lutheran/Catholic/be-nice-to-all/guilt thing. Anyway, the subject at hand is USD's donation of a home football game to a couple of wings and barbecue bars near Howard Would Field. That was nice, considering the Coyotes will get very little in return. The best game in Sioux Falls that day in terms of competitive equality probably will be USF vs. Augie, and the best game in the region in terms of league significance will be SDSU at UNI.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X