Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baylor comments if...

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I seem to hear this more about him than most coaches. Maybe Rick Barnes at Texas. Maybe its because I'm a KU fan though too.
    When it comes to game management, Barnes makes Drew look like John Wooden
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      How did we let a bunch of non-jumping white boys beat us. W
      To be honest, I'm surprised I haven't seen that on there forum. I actually am pretty impressed with that considering ORU fans posted that, and UDub fans did too.

I think the biggest excuse would be the glare of the lights off of Fiegen. God bless Red Marble!

I believe the fans will be in denial for at least a month. Going so far as playing out the rest of the tournament with handpuppets in their basements. They have basements in Texas right?
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Actually, if the team takes their cues from their coach they will be good sports in a loss. Their coach may have short comings when it comes to game management, but he is a stand up guy.

And, I am fairly certain that the refs in the NCAA Tournament understand big time basketball...just saying. They won't be the rent-a-ref that we see in the Summit far to often. If anyone is going to need to adjust to how the game is called, it will be SDSU. I have a feeling that there will be alot more "let go" during the game.
        That's one thing that concerns me is the inconsistancy in the summit league refs. Its hard to know how to play other games when one is called so ticky tack and one is like a rugby scrum. The way I see it is if the refs keep it a tight game then I look for wolters to drive and get to the line. Otherwise they probably will pass aroind the motion and get the open 3. No sense in banging down low and never have fouls called either way.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          That's one thing that concerns me is the inconsistancy in the summit league refs. Its hard to know how to play other games when one is called so ticky tack and one is like a rugby scrum. The way I see it is if the refs keep it a tight game then I look for wolters to drive and get to the line. Otherwise they probably will pass aroind the motion and get the open 3. No sense in banging down low and never have fouls called either way.
          One of the refs that did the Summit League final game also did the Big Ten final game. How could we tell, bad no calls and bad calls. Got plenty of face time on tv blowing his whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            One of the refs that did the Summit League final game also did the Big Ten final game. How could we tell, bad no calls and bad calls. Got plenty of face time on tv blowing his whistle.
            Big Ten refs are notorious for being awful and it probably explains why Wolters got no calls that game.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              They have basements in Texas right?
              Yes, It's where they stored Pee Wee's bike.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I think every conference thinks its refs are the worst. I've read things from Big East, ACC, SEC and Pac 12 fans all proclaiming that their conference has terrible refs. I think this simply proves that fans love to complain.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

We could have used some ACC refs in the Summit final. Wolters would have spent the entire night at the foul line.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    I think every conference thinks its refs are the worst. I've read things from Big East, ACC, SEC and Pac 12 fans all proclaiming that their conference has terrible refs. I think this simply proves that fans love to complain.
                    I think it's college refs in general. Ever watch a college game and an NBA game in the same day? Shocking how much better the officials are in the NBA, and I'm not joking.

And yes, NBA officials can be bad too. It's a hard job.

Back on topic... what will Baylor say?

"We could have won in we got to substitute in someone from the bench who could make free throws!"

Comment

Working...
                    X