Huge ESPN Screw-up!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Huge ESPN Screw-up!!!!!!!!!

don't remember his name but one of the first ESPN announcers was from Yankton.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      don't remember his name but one of the first ESPN announcers was from Yankton.
      I bet it was Joe VanGoor.

Comment

I can understand messing up once, but with ESPN it's time after time after time, after telecast after telecast, after graphic after graphic.

If the company I work for screws up that many times, our doors shut for good, plain and simple.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Hi folks, I have been a little busy so I am just now seeing this thread, but I wanted to assure you that SDSU and the Summit League have contacted ESPN and expressed their disappointment. As a matter of fact SDSU's Director of Marketing and Communications was watching the game and his first phone call was placed within minutes of the unfortunate event.

In the grand scheme of things this is a little bump in the road, don't let it distract you from the fact that both our Women and Men are going dancing. How many other schools can say that this year? It is a GREAT day to be a Jackrabbit!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
            Hi folks, I have been a little busy so I am just now seeing this thread, but I wanted to assure you that SDSU and the Summit League have contacted ESPN and expressed their disappointment. As a matter of fact SDSU's Director of Marketing and Communications was watching the game and his first phone call was placed within minutes of the unfortunate event.

In the grand scheme of things this is a little bump in the road, don't let it distract you from the fact that both our Women and Men are going dancing. How many other schools can say that this year? It is a GREAT day to be a Jackrabbit!

Go State!
            Well said, thanks for the information.

Comment

The sdsu vs suu made espn not top 10. When the suu player crashed into the water cart spilling all the water. I actually though we would make not top 10 because of the fire alarm going off for most of the first half. Didn't we make it for the horn getting stuck before also?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                The sdsu vs suu made espn not top 10. When the suu player crashed into the water cart spilling all the water. I actually though we would make not top 10 because of the fire alarm going off for most of the first half. Didn't we make it for the horn getting stuck before also?
                Is there a video out there somewhere that play? And yes, two years ago SF arena was not top 10 for the buzzer in the championship game.

Seems every year something stupid happens.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

That fire alarm wasn't a fail on the part of the arena. Several fire alarms went off around the city, including Lincoln High School. Apparently something a pressure issue with one of the city water mains triggered the alarms.

As for ESPN screwing up on the logo. All I can do is laugh and say, "Those folks call US rubes and hicks? At least we know where all the states are!"
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I'm thinking it was some intern from a fancy-schmanzy liberal arts school that couldn't find South Dakota on a map even if you spotted him/her North Dakota.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Watching sportsnation, they had the clip of the SUU player into the Gatorade and Colin of course said Southern Utah versus San Diego State... That's Colin for ya..
                      Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
                        Watching sportsnation, they had the clip of the SUU player into the Gatorade and Colin of course said Southern Utah versus San Diego State... That's Colin for ya..
                        Don't know if it will help but i tweeted him about that

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
                          It really has to be in the category of running joke for the ESPNsters at this point.

And I hate IPFW.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think we should start calling Colin Cowherd... Tony Kornheiser.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Colin Cowherd is the worst. I'm not talking about worst at ESPN or worst broadcaster. He's just the worst, period.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

So calling him Tony Kornheiser would be an upgrade?
                                Last edited by Prairiehaas; 03-09-2012, 07:41 PM.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X