No announcement yet.

Seriously? The fans stormed the court?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seriously? The fans stormed the court?

Hando has a point. Also this season: UND stormed the court after beating NDSU in Grand Forks. Take it as a compliment.

Comment

Why wouldn't you storm the court? What else is there to do in Vermillion after a game? Go to their one bar......
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        I actually dont let too many games ruin my day or week or life. Ive been a Jack fan for 40 yrs, you win some and you lose some
        I got maybe 20 more years of fandom, those games with USD tend to stay in my mind longer than they should. For the life of me how could we expect to win with no shoot around and coming out rather tense and missing all the opening shots. We dug our self in a hole that seem almost impossible of climbing out, but yet the radio at my house stayed on, and with Tyler's emotion, I soon was listening again. The comeback was amazing given the circumstances but it was not good enough to win.

Comment

That's why they call them rivalry games. They mean more in terms of emotion and stay with you longer. USD prepared for this game as if it was their super bowl and it was. We down played this game or at least Nagy did like it was just another game! I am sorry Coach it is NOT just another game. Not to your fans, not to USD fans, not to the players and inside NOT to you and your staff either. It impacts ticket sales, recruiting, tournament seating etc. We needed to prepare by hyping it up, having a shoot around and coming out with I want to kick your ?*%# attitude. We did none of the above. I travel to many of the away games and the dome is the dump in the conference.

Need to bounce back Jacks and fans.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I got maybe 20 more years of fandom, those games with USD tend to stay in my mind longer than they should. For the life of me how could we expect to win with no shoot around and coming out rather tense and missing all the opening shots. We dug our self in a hole that seem almost impossible of climbing out, but yet the radio at my house stayed on, and with Tyler's emotion, I soon was listening again. The comeback was amazing given the circumstances but it was not good enough to win.

Comment

When the Jacks women played Oakland this year I got to the game about forty five minutes before tipoff and the Jacks bus wasn't even there yet. The coaches were. About fifteen minutes before game time the Jacks finally showed up and did a quick shoot around before the game started. I know that they have been playing since October etc etc. but as for shoot arounds, you play one game a year in the other persons house, why would you not show up in the morning or early afternoon and get used to the place again. Especially in a place where you have had trouble in the past shooting, It showed in the first half as the Jacks were down six. lucky for them the ladies are a good second half team and kicked butt in the second. I hope AJ is wise enough to get to Vermillion early from KC and get in the grain bin and shoot around and get the ladies ready.

Comment

Finally somebody agrees with me. I laughed so hard when they stormed the court. If the jacks were 8-14 and beat USD I wouldnt storm the court because I would be pissed at their record and one game doesn't dimish their record. Storming the court is losing its appeal too
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Chalk it up to a 605 thing. What else is there to do in Verm?
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                  Chalk it up to a 605 thing. What else is there to do in Verm?
                  You could always try to pledge a frat!
                  otherwise, ... I got nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    When the Jacks women played Oakland this year I got to the game about forty five minutes before tipoff and the Jacks bus wasn't even there yet. The coaches were. About fifteen minutes before game time the Jacks finally showed up and did a quick shoot around before the game started. I know that they have been playing since October etc etc. but as for shoot arounds, you play one game a year in the other persons house, why would you not show up in the morning or early afternoon and get used to the place again. Especially in a place where you have had trouble in the past shooting, It showed in the first half as the Jacks were down six. lucky for them the ladies are a good second half team and kicked butt in the second. I hope AJ is wise enough to get to Vermillion early from KC and get in the grain bin and shoot around and get the ladies ready.
                    Shootarounds are usually hours before the game starts (afternoon at some point), so I wouldn't be surprised if the women's shootaround in Oakland was long before you got there Sturgis. The team probably had shoot around in the afternoon, went back to the hotel, and then came back to the gym prior to tip-off. Plus, @ Oakland was on a Monday, so the team probably practiced and shot at the O'rena on Sunday after travelling from Fort Wayne.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      Shootarounds are usually hours before the game starts (afternoon at some point), so I wouldn't be surprised if the women's shootaround in Oakland was long before you got there Sturgis. The team probably had shoot around in the afternoon, went back to the hotel, and then came back to the gym prior to tip-off. Plus, @ Oakland was on a Monday, so the team probably practiced and shot at the O'rena on Sunday after travelling from Fort Wayne.
                      This would be correct. They would have had a short practice on Sunday and then a shoot around sometime in the morning on Monday.

Comment

I really thought that the win over SDSU would light a fire under the USD fanbase that they could carry into next year. All of my USD friends seem to kind of moved on from the game already.

Honestly, I thought I'd see more USD folks coming in here to rub it in our faces.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          I really thought that the win over SDSU would light a fire under the USD fanbase that they could carry into next year. All of my USD friends seem to kind of moved on from the game already.

Honestly, I thought I'd see more USD folks coming in here to rub it in our faces.
                          The majority of USD fans have a fairly good grasp on reality, I think.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            The majority of USD fans have a fairly good grasp on reality, I think.
                            So the other 3 guys besides CF have a grasp on reality?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              So the other 3 guys besides CF have a grasp on reality?
                              I refer the good gentlemen to the statement I made some moments before.

/British Parliament "Question Time"
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Charging the floor. You will have to ask Scott Van Pelt as he usually critiques court/field charging. SDSU did run on the football field when they beat NDSU in football a number years back, but they were undefeated, ranked #1 at the time and it was a really close game.

As far as USD charging the floor, it adds to the argument that they give much more about this rivalry then they do about anyone else. Though I'd argue they don't care about basketball much at all because they couldn't even get 6K to show up. How many showed up to the NDSU game?

If I was a USD real fan, one that shows up to all the games I'd be upset that the fans charged the floor. It bothers me when people who don't show up to a game all year show up to the "rivalry game" and act like they are the #1 fan ever. I guess what I'm saying is if it was a loyal fan base that charged the floor I'd be fine with it, but my understanding is that 95% of those students hadn't been to a game all year, and you could tell about 60% of them that USD was playing Duke next week and they would believe you. (maybe not but you get my point)

I guess its not the charging the floor that bothers me, its that people that know nothing about basketball and don't give a crap about their team the other twenty some games a year doing it that does bother me. And that is for all schools.....

Comment

Working...
                                X