• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prairiehaas
    replied
    Re: You can have all the wins ya want but ya aint winning in Vermillion

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: SDSU cannot take the Sioux Falls sports market for granted. It is sounding like USD will have multiple games in Sioux Falls next year, they are going to be making a strong play for the casual fans in this town.
    How will losing multiple games in SF help USD gain the casual sports fan?

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Yes, most of them were Augie students. They were not "recruited" by ESPN. They were recruited by a WIU student whose brother attends Augie.
    I'll give the WIU student full marks for creativity, then. Well played by him (or her).

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

I know nobody was watching the womens games on Sunday but it was mentioned by the tv crew that Oakland Univ had sent a thousand OU tshirts to a church in Sioux Falls and I think Edison Middle School and they were all in the stands to cheer on OU. When the OU ladies played the Jacks in December they came out a few days early and did a good will event at Edison. Played with the kids and became pen pals with them. Probably also attended the church while in Soo Foo also. Have no problem with that.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

This is like saying SDSU students don't have better things to do than watch the BCS championship. As a sports fan, when you have the chance to attend a higher level sports event, you take it. They don't need to transfer to be fans of SDSU athletics. Something that sort of bothers me is the attitude of some fans that you have to be an SDSU grad to be a true fan of SDSU. I look forward to the day when fans can be season ticket holders for Augie and still get excited to go watch 3-5 SDSU games a year. Yesterday we took a step in that direction.

I recognized a number of acquaintances who I know are Augustana supporters/graduates that were there cheering on the Jacks. It is a good thing that sports fans around the state are following SDSU athletics, regardless of what school they consider their primary affiliation.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: SDSU cannot take the Sioux Falls sports market for granted. It is sounding like USD will have multiple games in Sioux Falls next year, they are going to be making a strong play for the casual fans in this town.
    Its not even close. maybe if you said if SDSU students were recruited to a BCS game to cheer against a team, then it is. If they didnt come on their own accord that chagnes things. If they wanted to watch a game, I wouldnt say athing, but if they were asked to go just to cheer against sdsu, sorry but I find that silly. I guess I think it would be a good thing if they enjoyed it and because SDSU fans because of it.

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    And so it was written...

so, did Coyote Fan watch? or do we even care?
    Just curious, if Coyote Fan falls in the forest, will anyone hear it?

Leave a comment:

• jackrabit1
    replied

I told him to go bother Al Carlson some more... that pi$$ed him off. LOL

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by witness View Post
    I have been waiting too but haven't heard much. Most realistic USD fans realized that SDSU was a better team and USD played as perfect as they could to beat the Jacks. I wonder if lakesbison is doing okay after SDSU won last night
    He had some snarky cooments on the Summit Zoo site - it must be the only one that hasn't banned him.

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

They don't need to transfer to be fans of SDSU athletics. Something that sort of bothers me is the attitude of some fans that you have to be an SDSU grad to be a true fan of SDSU.

. It is a good thing that sports fans around the state are following SDSU athletics, regardless of what school they consider their primary affiliation
    SDSU is just lucky my alma mater, Lake Area Tech, doesn't have any teams.

We'd destroy SDSU in every sport.

Leave a comment:

• MaddogJack
    replied

Lakebison is still incarcerated in Frisco, Texas. No one will post bond to bail him out.

Back to the thread - I'm sure Yotes fans are busy building the "lore" of their victories earlier this year over the vaunted Jackrabbits, who somehow or another - qualified for the dance. In fact, I'll bet the U's victory over the Jacks is now GREATER than the time they almost beat Colgate. (One of their many moral victories).

I smack, just to smack - my Coyote friends have for the most part been very complimentary and good willed. I'm sure until next fall, when we "have a friend for dinner"!!! Go Jacks!!!

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I am just waiting for some USD fan to use comparative scoring, or the SDSU beat WIU to win the confrence tourney, USD got lucky and beat SDSU so that means if USD was there they would have won the confrence tourney. A lot of water cooler talk to day at the office about SDSU, most are SDSU grads, a few are USD and one northern iowa, but did get SDSU season tickets for football last year.
    I have been waiting too but haven't heard much. Most realistic USD fans realized that SDSU was a better team and USD played as perfect as they could to beat the Jacks. I wonder if lakesbison is doing okay after SDSU won last night

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    That's strange. And augie stduents don't have better things to do they watch sdsu sports? Maybe they realized how awesome it was and will see the light and transfer.
    This is like saying SDSU students don't have better things to do than watch the BCS championship. As a sports fan, when you have the chance to attend a higher level sports event, you take it. They don't need to transfer to be fans of SDSU athletics. Something that sort of bothers me is the attitude of some fans that you have to be an SDSU grad to be a true fan of SDSU. I look forward to the day when fans can be season ticket holders for Augie and still get excited to go watch 3-5 SDSU games a year. Yesterday we took a step in that direction.

I recognized a number of acquaintances who I know are Augustana supporters/graduates that were there cheering on the Jacks. It is a good thing that sports fans around the state are following SDSU athletics, regardless of what school they consider their primary affiliation.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by witness View Post
    Going to your first NCAA tournament is why you rush the floor not because you beat a team in your same conference during a regular season game where no team is ranked nationally. Hope USD fans enjoyed rushing the floor during a regular season game while they watched us rush the floor to get into the tournament.
    I am just waiting for some USD fan to use comparative scoring, or the SDSU beat WIU to win the confrence tourney, USD got lucky and beat SDSU so that means if USD was there they would have won the confrence tourney.

A lot of water cooler talk to day at the office about SDSU, most are SDSU grads, a few are USD and one northern iowa, but did get SDSU season tickets for football last year.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Going to your first NCAA tournament is why you rush the floor not because you beat a team in your same conference during a regular season game where no team is ranked nationally. Hope USD fans enjoyed rushing the floor during a regular season game while they watched us rush the floor to get into the tournament.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Yes, most of them were Augie students. They were not "recruited" by ESPN. They were recruited by a WIU student whose brother attends Augie.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

It makes sense now - when the "Western" student section walked in,one of them was wearing a purple Minnesota Vikings #1 jersey and I remember thinking why would a Western student spend all day driving to Sioux Falls and the only thing purple he had to wear was a Vikings jersey.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X