Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Win for USD

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    That's a tough one for the Coyotes for all the obvious reasons and a few not as obvious including:
    1) Great West conference title had been on the line
    2) Haven't won in Grand Forks in a long, long time
    3) Would have been a nice way to end the season and set the stage for the USD entrance into the MVFC (and, conversely, had UND lost, it would have given hope to Northern Colorado that it had competition for the Big Sky basement)

and, perhaps the saddest consequence of the loss: coyotefan goes on the lecture circuit about what's wrong with coyote football.

Tough day for the 'Yotes.
    They havent won in Grand Forks for a long time but have they won anywhere for a long time? When was their last road win?

Comment

Last road win: USD 41, Minnesota 38 (2nd game of 2010 season).
      Better question: what is the road win/loss record for the past several years? I'm not going to look that up but it's not real good; however, they have won games on the road, just not very many. No road wins in 2011. In 2010, at Minnesota. In 2009, no road wins. 2008: won at Southern Utah and at North Greenville.

Winning on the road is a challenge in the MVFC, even for good, consistent teams. USD will lose to graduation some key seniors.

Comment

Ever since Ed got to USD they have gotten beat by inferior teams on the road. Not to sound like CF but I really think they need to make a change to turn things around. When it happens year after year after year, something needs to be done. Ed does an outstanding job of bringing in talent, because goodness they have freak athletes, but I think it ends there.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Last road win: USD 41, Minnesota 38 (2nd game of 2010 season).
          Better question: what is the road win/loss record for the past several years? I'm not going to look that up but it's not real good; however, they have won games on the road, just not very many. In 2010, at Minnesota. In 2009, no road wins. 2008: won at Southern Utah and at North Greenville.
          How could i forget the Minnesota win? Ive tried real hard to i guess.

Comment

I was at the Minnesota game. Sitting with Gopher fans...have to tell you, it was a fun game. All the Gopher fans were appreciative of USD's efforts because they thought (correctly so) it would help get rid of Brewster.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              the yotes blow a big lead and go down 38 37 to the sioux

(see what I did to keep the string going)
              In keeping with the above three-syllable quasi-haiku riffing:

(clears throat)

lose to Sioux
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

they just blew

Comment

Sue screws U.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

...and remember, UND has had trouble with the school some still call

soo foo coo

Comment

Boy named sue.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

'Yotes are through....

Seriously though, what a disastrous ending to what appeared to be a promising season back when the highly-overrated Eastern Washington team took a beating in the dome. If you're not feeling exactly great about how SDSU's season turned out, just take a look at USD. The cupboard is bare for next year and they have to live with the sting of an epic loss for the next 9 months. 605!

Comment

^^^^^^
                          agree with you

Comment

mon tan a

below the belt
                            USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                              mon tan a

below the belt
                              I want to make sure I understand the comparison so that your 'below the belt' comment (your words) really hits home.

Let's see, the fun with the three-syllable/word rhymes refer to yesterday's USD fourth-quarter meltdown at UND and you're comparing that to SDSU's fourth-quarter meltdown at Montana in 2009. Yesterday's USD at UND loss was for a share of the Great West Title--shared with Cal Poly. USD now moves out of the Great West and into the Missouri Valley Football Conference. UND's season is done and it, too, leaves the Great West and enters the Big Sky Conference.

And you compare to SDSU in 2009. That was SDSU's first season in the MVFC. The Jacks had won, outright, the Great West Conference the year before. The game at Missoula in 2009 which ended SDSU's first season as a fully-fledged D1 program, was the first-round FCS playoff game. You're aware, aren't you, Montana went on to win two more playoff games and then fell to Villanova in the championship, 23-21.

Okay, I think I understand the comparison. Or lack thereof.*

hareball: you flung doo

*We could go on. For example, there seemed to be consensus among those posting on USD's and UND's fan message boards that USD had more talent than UND. Certainly UND didn't have a guy even close to current Tennessee Titan WR Mark Mariani who was instrumental in the dismanteling of the Jackrabbits in 2009. The meltdowns were completely different. Montana helped pull the wheels off SDSU -- sure, we had a few loose bolts. USD, on the other hand, seemed to just lose its own wheels and UND happened to be standing around to accept what was being given to them.

Comment

Hareball you messed up the rhyme

shame on you

Comment

Working...
                                X