'605' v '406' --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '605' v '406' --

There's a Jackrabbit in Missoula this weekend who will be attending the Grizz v. Weber State football game tomorrow. Below is a picture of a '406' shirt (Montana's area code). Looks like another school is doing some marketing that is limited to the borders of the state and is otherwise incomprehensible to visitors from other states. I wonder what USD's marketing department paid to its advisers to come up with the brilliant '605' -- an idea that's been in use in Montana for a while.

Does Weber State have a charcoal grill as its mascot?*

*Yes, I know one is pronounced "wee-ber" and the other is "web - er" ...nice try by the school to distance itself from its top degree, a BS in cooking-grill science.

Re: '605' v '406' --

I'd be pretty psyched to buy a Montana '605' shirt. Someone hook me up with that.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

so in keeping with the current trend we will now refer to the Summit League teams by area code. thusly

Oakland U is now 248
      IUPUI 317
      IPFW 260
      WIU 779
      UMKC 975
      ORU 918
      NDSU 701
      SUU 435
      SDSU 1-605
      USD 605
      UNO 402

Comment

Sturgis: I checked with the commission on area codes and was told that if such a system was adopted, USD would be assigned 605, Ext. 2.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          There's a Jackrabbit in Missoula this weekend who will be attending the Grizz v. Weber State football game tomorrow. Below is a picture of a '406' shirt (Montana's area code). Looks like another school is doing some marketing that is limited to the borders of the state and is otherwise incomprehensible to visitors from other states. I wonder what USD's marketing department paid to its advisers to come up with the brilliant '605' -- an idea that's been in use in Montana for a while.

Does Weber State have a charcoal grill as its mascot?*

*Yes, I know one is pronounced "wee-ber" and the other is "web - er" ...nice try by the school to distance itself from its top degree, a BS in cooking-grill science.
          Jack, I know you SDSU fans will understand this: We were the first to go with area code. "We were first, we were first........"

Comment

Precisely my point, yf: Montana (and I suspect others) preceded you. Within the State of South Dakota, USD is the only school with the 605-thing. Not sure that being first within the state means anything when there's no one trying to claim second.

Comment

Working...
            X