Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUU T-birds @ The D-Dome

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I agree this comment is not a huge deal, but rather a poor choice of words. If he had referenced 10,000 emotional fans in the stands, we would not be discussing past USD behaviour. It was without a doubt a poor choice of words. Is the pastor of Ed's church a big drunk? I doubt it, and no doubt the pastor who ever he may be is now being characterized as being one by Ed's poor choice of words.
    Or is President Abbott a big consumer of Schnapps? One could conclude that from the term "inenibrated fans" in the stands. Its often been said by referees that they pay no attention to crowds because they are often irrational. Its this biased and irrational behavior that is the subject of reference.

Congradulations to USD and your huge crowd on Saturday. I feel for coach for not putting more thought into his comments. When Mick sticks a cell phone in your face for comments, its awfully easy to choice the wrong words. We forgive you Ed after all you are an SDSU alum. I believe he got his ME at SDSU.
    What exactly does Ed's pastor have to do with this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      What exactly does Ed's pastor have to do with this thread?
      I am guessing he/she was part of the crowd of 10,000 drunken fans. Do you get it? Or do I have to draw a picture? Most clergy do not approve of inenbriated behavior and they set an example by not particpating. If he/she is in the crowd then he/she is drunk without drinking, one could conclude since there were 10000 enibriated fans, so said Ed. Any teatotaller would be drunk according to Ed's choice of words. Now does that work for you?
      Last edited by Nidaros; 10-11-2011, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Seems kind of a stretch to assume that the pastor was at the game without any actual basis or knowledge.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Seems kind of a stretch to assume that the pastor was at the game without any actual basis or knowledge.
          Seems like even more of a stretch to assume he has a pastor being as it's hard to live in Vermillion and believe there is a god.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I would agree.

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I am guessing he/she was part of the crowd of 10,000 drunken fans. Do you get it? Or do I have to draw a picture? Most clergy do not approve of inenbriated behavior and they set an example by not particpating. If he/she is in the crowd then he/she is drunk without drinking, one could conclude since there were 10000 enibriated fans, so said Ed. Any teatotaller would be drunk according to Ed's choice of words. Now does that work for you?
            Thanks for replying with tact...NOT. Your response tells me all I need to know about several things.

Comment

Being drunk would probably be the only way I could enjoy USD football too.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Being drunk would probably be the only way I could enjoy USD football too.
                Yeah, it is very tough to actually watch a team that has a winning record without being drunk.

This sis so stupid, who cares what he said. It was DDays, when im at Hobo days im pretty sure most of the people at the tailgating will be drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
                  Yeah, it is very tough to actually watch a team that has a winning record without being drunk.

This sis so stupid, who cares what he said. It was DDays, when im at Hobo days im pretty sure most of the people at the tailgating will be drunk.

No such thing as Hobo Days . . . Hobo Week leads to Hobo Day, the largest one day event in the Dakotas.

Go State!

Comment

I think that you missed the premise. It does not matter what USD's record is, including its mighty wins over its NAIA foes. It has more to do with actually being in Vermillion at the Dakota Dome. Two things I try to avoid at all costs.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      I think that you missed the premise. It does not matter what USD's record is, including its mighty wins over its NAIA foes. It has more to do with actually being in Vermillion at the Dakota Dome. Two things I try to avoid at all costs.
                      Unless SDSU is there winning like usual, then its ok, but the best part is after we win there we get to leave and not see it for 2 years.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

well if state played us we wouldnt have to schedule naia schools, (of which didnt state lose to an naia school a few years back).

are they having another hog auction at half time, or are the cheerleaders doing a halftime show? (im sorry, that is the same thing)

Comment

well if state played us we wouldnt have to schedule naia schools, (of which didnt state lose to an naia school a few years back).

are they having another hog auction at half time, or are the cheerleaders doing a halftime show? (im sorry, that is the same thing)
                          Oh, are USD cheerleaders going to be there?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Oh, are USD cheerleaders going to be there?
                            is that really all you have for a comeback?

Comment

Time for a TO. I really like Pecan Pie.
                              Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Because you have a winning season half way through the year? I honestly dont know because i dont care but has USD had a winning season in the last 5 years or so? My guess is they lose more games a year then they win. I have no idea because I dont care about USD what so ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X